Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed Diablo 3 at launch but I also have no nostalgia for Diablo 2 and just played it like a fun single player action RPG on a normal difficulty v:shobon:v

Gonna admit I don't understand the "endgame" stuff at all or the speedrunning or the seasons or the rifts or multiplayer. Still got a lot of hours out of it, though I haven't really played it since (did finish the story on each of the classes though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Don't steal games and don't mod your switch

if something isn't for sale, who are you stealing from

me, I'm backing up the snes games I've owned for decades

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to homebrew my switch and emulate games on it.

not yet though

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Looper posted:

if something isn't for sale, who are you stealing from

me, I'm backing up the snes games I've owned for decades

Any snes game you post about playing, you must post proof of ownership with a piece of paper with SA and today's date visible on it in the photo.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Any snes game you post about playing, you must post proof of ownership with a piece of paper with SA and today's date visible on it in the photo.

it's okay as long as they delete the roms after 24 hours

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I heard it's okay to pirate if you have an original cartridge

i heard

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You have to extract the rom from the original cartridge onto your computer, then destroy the cartridge

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You have to extract the rom from the original cartridge onto your computer, then destroy the cartridge

doing this with my copy of Xenoblade 2 so that nobody has to play it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

doing this with my copy of Xenoblade 2 so that nobody has to play it

I don’t think that’s how that works,thankfully.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah if you destroy your copy of Xenoblade 2 it just reverts back to its core crystal. It will resonate again with whoever touches it after a recharge, if they have the ability to resonate.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't bought a game on the switch in a while

whats the good new poo poo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Yeah if you destroy your copy of Xenoblade 2 it just reverts back to its core crystal. It will resonate again with whoever touches it after a recharge, if they have the ability to resonate.

I think you have to JO with a bud, each with a JoyCon in hand, to recharge the Xenoblade crystal.

Fortunately 90% of game time in Xenoblade is spent JOing to sword tits so it’s not that hard.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

eonwe posted:

Super Mario Bros. 3

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

potential new driver player, with extremely 'staring at Pyra's tiddies' expression: "This...resonates with me"

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

I need to know if Mario Party lets me set four cpus on Very Easy and watch them be terrible at everything for my amusement.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

i think my mom threw the receipt away :(

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Put Micro Mages and future NES games on the NES Online Service you cowards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFX401vvKTQ

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

eonwe posted:

Urban Champion

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

That's just a slippery slope away from that philosophy 101 thing about teleportation that just makes a copy of you but destroys the original you!

Next thing you know we'll all be make romhacks of Ship of Theseus for SNES and debating how much of the game data we can replace before it's no longer truly the same game!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I'm having JoyCon problems again. I had to send the left one in for repair a few months ago because the control stick was drifting. Now the right one is doing it. Going merrily along in Monster Hunter, bashing a dragon in the face, and all of a sudden the camera decides to swing around in a circle.

It's not consistent. Sometimes it does it if I adjust the camera little bit. Sometimes it starts doing it if I don't touch the control stick at all. Either way it's obnoxious.

I'm contemplating whether it would be a better idea to just buy a new set of JoyCons. The left one cost me $30 to repair. If it's between paying that again and just getting a new set, I think I'd go with the new set...

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm having JoyCon problems again. I had to send the left one in for repair a few months ago because the control stick was drifting. Now the right one is doing it. Going merrily along in Monster Hunter, bashing a dragon in the face, and all of a sudden the camera decides to swing around in a circle.

It's not consistent. Sometimes it does it if I adjust the camera little bit. Sometimes it starts doing it if I don't touch the control stick at all. Either way it's obnoxious.

I'm contemplating whether it would be a better idea to just buy a new set of JoyCons. The left one cost me $30 to repair. If it's between paying that again and just getting a new set, I think I'd go with the new set...

Try cleaning both sticks. I kept cleaning the left one because I thought that was what was giving me trouble. It was the right one, as it turns out

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

lol who told you this, it's completely legal to make copies for personal use

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

That's just a slippery slope away from that philosophy 101 thing about teleportation that just makes a copy of you but destroys the original you!

Next thing you know we'll all be make romhacks of Ship of Theseus for SNES and debating how much of the game data we can replace before it's no longer truly the same game!

The state of california legally has an answer to this question and the answer is so long as no individual change constitutes a 51% revision.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

source for your claim?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Bongo Bill posted:

Price discrimination is good. Those who can afford to pay more do so; those who don't want to pay that much can still play the game.

I still remember Lunar 2 on PS1 was sold as a collector copy only. If you wanted to play it you had to basically buy $20 worth of mandatory weeb poo poo. Though, now that I look on eBay they're worth a lot, I should dig up and sell my copy.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Zero VGS posted:

I still remember Lunar 2 on PS1 was sold as a collector copy only. If you wanted to play it you had to basically buy $20 worth of mandatory weeb poo poo. Though, now that I look on eBay they're worth a lot, I should dig up and sell my copy.

That was my first cloth map :3:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

b_d posted:

source for your claim?

quote:

Yes, under certain conditions as provided by section 117 of the Copyright Act. Although the precise term used under section 117 is “archival” copy, not “backup” copy, these terms today are used interchangeably. This privilege extends only to computer programs and not to other types of works. Under section 117, you or someone you authorize may make a copy of an original computer program if the new copy is being made for archival (i.e., backup) purposes only; you are the legal owner of the copy; and any copy made for archival purposes is either destroyed, or transferred with the original copy, once the original copy is sold, given away, or otherwise transferred.

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-digital.html

Changing medium is fine, you cannot transfer ownership of the copy (you can entrust someone with storing it though). It's actually kind of vague on if you can legally use the copy in the event that the original is destroyed as you are supposed to destroy all copies or transfer them with the original.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Actually, it's perfectly legal to download a copy if you want, but you have to delete it within 24 hours! :eng101:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
It's fine as long as you say you're "preserving history" or claim you're a "digital archivist"

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

LethalGeek posted:

Someone asked about MM11 & the 8bitdo controllers. Didn't bother with that but I use my 8bitdo on Ultimate Chicken Horse* and it works perfectly

*Too bad the game crashes me on half the time I try to join an online game

This was me, and the full game is giving me the same input lag as the demo did. I'll try updating the firmware on the sn30pro, hopefully it makes a difference.

Two Beans fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 3, 2018

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i’ve been playing mm11 with an sf30 pro just fine

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I really like Mega Man but gently caress that game it's such a rage-inducing piece of poo poo, even on Casual. gently caress it. I am over it. I don't need to feel bad because I can't navigate rear end in a top hat falling blocks and conveyor belts and annoying floating yellow things.

Signed: Someone who is obviously too old for games like that, I guess

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I won't buy MegaMan 11 because they went with cell shaded 3D models instead of HD sprites.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Feenix posted:

I really like Mega Man but gently caress that game it's such a rage-inducing piece of poo poo, even on Casual. gently caress it. I am over it. I don't need to feel bad because I can't navigate rear end in a top hat falling blocks and conveyor belts and annoying floating yellow things.

Did you try using the speed gear, or rush coil?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Feenix posted:

Is it harder than Celeste or the dumb platforming in Hollow Knight?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

I won't buy MegaMan 11 because they went with cell shaded 3D models instead of HD sprites.

No offense but that’s stupid

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

No offense but that’s stupid

But you dont stay in the air through door transitions.

So

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

No. Especially not so on lower difficulties.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yes and no and yes.

Yes because if you fall in a loving put you die and guess what shortcake, you’re going way back to a checkpoint also if you die a few times it’s game over start the level. No because it’s not requiring as much actual challenge. Yes because I beat Celeste without much issue but this is frustrating the poo poo out of me to the point of non-enjoyment.

And yeah I use the slow speed. It doesn’t help all that much when it runs out and you’re on a platform and need it to recharge or whatever and here comes a flying yellow drone above you in a way you can’t get to the side of it to shoot.

I know, I suck. I do. But I swear I do fine at most games. This one is giving me fits in places, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Have you played other Mega Man games? They really require a certain mindset and “groove” to play them well without frustration.