Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Whoa what the gently caress, I've never heard of this

Lmao the fbi claimed he went at them with a sword in his apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh my god I forgot the original story was "SAMURAI SWORD, HE HAD THE TEACHINGS OF THE BLADE ON HIS SIDE WE HAD TO KILL HIM"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
mods change my name to The Chechen Samurai please

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

RIP Matt

https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/1045306638180253697?s=19

lmao

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
"I'm gonna start one of those Hillary warned us accounts, but instead for Thomas Nast"

joke of the episode

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can't believe Matt is loving dead.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I want to make bootleg gritty merch, I'm thinking a shirt that says GRITTY in spoopy Halloween font and then that picture of Matt

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I want to make bootleg gritty merch, I'm thinking a shirt that says GRITTY in spoopy Halloween font and then that picture of Matt

I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't already been a flood bootleg Gritty merch, by which I mean bara doujins

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Felix's rundown of the generations is great.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm slightly younger than Felix and everyone I know has boomer parents

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

Felix's rundown of the generations is great.

I liked his complete lack of interest in the Silent Generation. "yeah, they all died. RIP."

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m thirty and one of my parents is a silent generation and the other is a boomer. Silent generation really might as well be boomers, they came of age in a time of great economic opportunity too, they just got older and had the horrible boomer views before the boomers.

E: lol I meant silent generation. Might as well be lost though

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

drat your parents had some kids late.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yep. Well my dad had three kids when he was in his twenties and then his wife died, he married my mom, and they had their first kid together when my mom was 34 and he was 44. I was 50 and 40.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm slightly younger than Felix and everyone I know has boomer parents

Yeah it’s weird. I’m 35 and my parents are 1955 and 1960 birth years. I just call em boomers though.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
FFIW, Wikipedia lists Boomers as born early 1940s to early 1960s. Makes sense to me since my parents are in that range. All the middle aged Gen X artists I like were borne late 1960s to early 1980s.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Lmao the fbi claimed he went at them with a sword in his apartment.

Yes he confessed to a murder after five hours of interrogation by writing on a pad of paper that he taped the hands of three people, who were found with no tape or residue on their hands. And then flipped out and while recovering from knee surgery grabbed a metal baton and the FBI agent had to shoot him.

The same FBI agent who as a cop had multiple lawsuits and IA investigations against him for brutality, assault, false imprisonment, falsifying reports, and was collecting 50k per year in a disability scam from the police since 2005 and still collecting while working for the FBI since 2008.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"...either a Werthers or the new type of Quaaludes that only rich people get." :newlol:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/Cari_Rowland/status/1046892753089716224

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
good lord America is doomed

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

good lord America is doomed

Old people are the most reliable voters ever and the Villages is a Trump hellscape. If we can get even 130 of them to turn out for Gillum that's amazing and bodes well for the general.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Analytic Engine posted:

FFIW, Wikipedia lists Boomers as born early 1940s to early 1960s. Makes sense to me since my parents are in that range. All the middle aged Gen X artists I like were borne late 1960s to early 1980s.
Baby Boomers is the only generational label that actually corresponds to a firm timeline: the booming birthrate from '46 to '64.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Dr.Radical posted:

Yep. Well my dad had three kids when he was in his twenties and then his wife died, he married my mom, and they had their first kid together when my mom was 34 and he was 44. I was 50 and 40.

congrats to your dad on all the sex he had

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Generational labels are utter bullshit that marketing people came up with to sell advertising in the days we didn’t have infinitely detailed information on all we do.

In the same way that Boise girls looks like NYU students, all generations will come to look like one another.

We all post down here.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Ron Jeremy posted:

Generational labels are utter bullshit that marketing people came up with to sell advertising in the days we didn’t have infinitely detailed information on all we do.

In the same way that Boise girls looks like NYU students, all generations will come to look like one another.

We all post down here.

I mean, I know you’re making a joke but posting is kind of that generational equalizer. People of all generations holding the same stupid opinions and arguing about it in the same manner as each other. poo poo, you have Millenials that are just as bad as Boomers when trying to work a computer.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Amber got me with her comment about trump operating completely out of spite. Sometimes he just lands on an actually legitimate enemy like Amazon when he defended the post office against them.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I was glad to hear a brief shout out to SFW with Stephen Dorff in the latest episode, since no one ever seems to know about it. If you want a movie that was released in 94 but somehow predicted the change from apathetic and nihilistic gen x to carehard millenials, plus reality tv, you should check it out.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I accidentally watched Reality Bites because I got it confused with Strange Days. Ebert is hit and miss but he nailed it:

quote:

"Reality Bites" opens with dizzying footage of college friends goofing around on top of a Houston skyscraper, celebrating their graduation, while a friend records the event with her video camera.

The friends are about as inane and boring as most people are while goofing off in front of a camera, but what's remarkable is how badly the footage is shot. The camera operator has no notion of how to frame a shot, how to hold the camera steady, or how to choose subject matter. The result looks like something that might have been obtained by the Monkeycam on the Letterman program.

But no. This is, in fact, footage for a documentary that the film's heroine is shooting about her friends and their current situation in life. And she continues to shoot throughout the film, while her pals oblige her with the kinds of sound bites that will make them cringe if they see this footage in five years.

The documentary-in-progress is supposed to record the passage of Generation X from college into an unfriendly job market, but actually what it records is callow and superficial behavior by kids who do not inspire us to wish we knew them better.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
yo chapo thread, quick heads up, the boys are on The Special without Brett Davis tonight and that show loving slaps, it's gonna get real stupid and someone might die, catch the wave

https://twitter.com/TheSpecialMNN/status/1047502878351474693

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Stupid question but they keep referring to Trump as big and wet. What’s the meaning/origin of that?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Possibly a reference to him describing Florence that way

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a23087365/donald-trump-tremendously-big-tremendously-wet-hurricane-maria/

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

He's our big wet boy

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Pomplamoose posted:

Stupid question but they keep referring to Trump as big and wet. What’s the meaning/origin of that?

I dunno the exact origin but it's from waaay before Florence.

I remember "big wet meal baby" like almost a year ago or more.

Some googling suggests "wet boy" might be slang for 1) a pussy, a coward or 2) someone who has a sexual fetish for pissing their pants.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Is it at all related to the Big Wet rear end meme w/r/t Rudy?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

He's just fat and sloppy

KingNastidon
Jun 25, 2004
I always assumed it was wet [brain] similar to smooth brain. Associated symptoms are:

Severe memory loss
An inability to form new memories
Confabulation, memory of events that never occurred
Confusion, drowsiness and a paralysis of eye movements
Ataxia, a staggering or irregular gait
Auditory and visual hallucinations

Associated with alcohol abuse, but Trump doesn't drink, so who knows.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
also rumors that will not die about the illustrious trump wearing diapers

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

He just seems like one of the dampest, sweatiest presidents we've had, just a soggy guy

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Yeah I always assumed it was a diaper thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

I Before E posted:

He just seems like one of the dampest, sweatiest presidents we've had, just a soggy guy

It’s this, the man sweats even more than I do and is even taller than I am. There’s nothing else to it.