Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You have to think with Calvin Ridley emerging that eventually Julio Jones is going to get less coverage and man he's what a top 3 receiver in the league?

It certainly isn't like Worthless rear end Austin Hooper is getting those catches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Given how utterly and incomprehensibly hosed Atlanta's defense is it seems like an appropriate group to buy into. And as much as I love Diggs, Minnesota has been throwing more than anyone else in the league and once Cook is healthy I would expect to see a more balanced run/pass distribution.

Trade away Sanders or Kupp? Leaning Sanders.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sanders if he'll take it.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Yeldon
Michel
Hines
Corey loving Davis
Baldwin
Ekeler

In 1ppr whom would you rather have going forward?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

dkj posted:

Sanders if he'll take it.

Trader offer sent. Here's hoping.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

decypher posted:

Yeldon
Michel
Hines
Corey loving Davis
Baldwin
Ekeler

In 1ppr whom would you rather have going forward?

Someone said Sony Michel moves like a bigger stronger Dion Lewis so if that is at all accurate the Pats are going to use the poo poo out of him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Someone said Sony Michel moves like a bigger stronger Dion Lewis so if that is at all accurate the Pats are going to use the poo poo out of him.

Yeah, I really like Michel's prospects.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah, I really like Michel's prospects.

Yeah! I like it too. Long term I think this is the right pick, as well. Thanks!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
when the injury reports hit...

fuckin hell.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
How bad is Hilton's injury? Was just offered Hilton for Cook and I'm tired of the Cook injury game and am inclined to accept.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Poque posted:

How bad is Hilton's injury? Was just offered Hilton for Cook and I'm tired of the Cook injury game and am inclined to accept.

Out this week, probably 50/50 next week.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Between Hyde, Ajayi, and Peterson my RB2 could easily be a wasteland in a few weeks. gently caress.

Is Peterson someone I should be trying trade away? Is this an age thing, honest question?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Would you drop Godwin for Coutee in 1PPR?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Looks like trading away Diggs and Sanders or Kupp (leaning Sanders) for Julio Jones is my best option. Worth doing?

I’d do that with Sanders, but not Kupp.

Tyree posted:

Would you drop Godwin for Coutee in 1PPR?

Nope

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Hyde will be fine and Chubb getting some reps helps him stay healthy. Jesus people relax.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Boosh! posted:

Is Peterson someone I should be trying trade away? Is this an age thing, honest question?

It's a week to week thing. Being his age means he's much more likely to get hurt, tired, etc but it's not a guarantee. Who the hell would have guessed Gore would have gone as long as he has?

Personally I think he could have a good year. He hasn't really played in the last few years so he doesn't have the mileage he otherwise would at this age. He also seems pretty determined to show that he isn't washed up.

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
Anyone have thoughts on Marlon Mack? He's just been sitting on my bench all season due to an injury and I'm thinking about just dumping him.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I just turned Chargers + Boyd + Mike Davis into Chicago. Boyd was depth behind Hopkins, Thielen, and Jeffery. Davis was behind Hunt, Ingram, Collins, Allen, and Crowell.

Goonspeed little monsters of the midway

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Glad I traded him away just as the pats are gonna give him more opportunities

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Eternal Hobo posted:

Anyone have thoughts on Marlon Mack? He's just been sitting on my bench all season due to an injury and I'm thinking about just dumping him.

Dump

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Eternal Hobo posted:

I dropped him.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Eternal Hobo posted:

I cut him early in the season. Pretty useless player at this point.

Here's my question:

I feel like my QB spot is the weakest spot on my roster since Wilson has been terrible so far. I guess it could turn around in Seattle but I'd like a strong QB1 like Brees so I'm looking at who in my roster is worth trading for a Brees or even someone like Rivers.

QB - Bortles (Streaming), Wilson
WR - Nuk, JuJu, Mike Evans, Robert Woods, Chris Godwin
RB - Saquon Barkley, James Conner, Beast Mode, Tevin Coleman
TE - Evan Engram, Eric Ebron
K - Mason Crosby (Streaming)
D/ST - Carolina (Streaming)

I'm comfortable just streaming K and D/ST week by week off the FA list but my QB situation is particularly bad. I ran Fitzpatrick last week and got a whopping 4 points and my bench was Russell Wilson who got a slightly less pathetic 8 points. I lost my match up very narrowly because of my QB spot.

Who off my bench is probably safe to part with in exchange for a decent QB? Or should I just wait until next week put in a waiver for Winston and hope he puts up solid numbers?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Would you trade Keenan Allen for Jordan Howard straight up?

This RB2 situation irks me every week.

WRs : Allen, Cooks, Tate, Edelman, Jeffrey
RBs : Zeke, Lewis, Thompson, Ingram

It's my money league so I'm extra obsessing over it but I'm in first with most points scored so not like I need to make changes but McKinnon going out has me overall uneasy about my RB2.

If not Howard, who? Mixon? Cook?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

weird Asian candy posted:

It's my money league so I'm extra obsessing over it but I'm in first with most points scored so not like I need to make changes but McKinnon going out has me overall uneasy about my RB2.

Scoring settings kinda matter, but the only format I'd even consider a move is standard. And even then, I'm not sure.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

weird Asian candy posted:

I have Howard and after last week I'm not sure what his role is going to be going forward in Chicago. I'm afraid its going to be a committee after Cohen went off

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I got offered Michael Thomas for my CMC in 0.5 ppr which I feel like is normally a mash accept but it leaves me with just Cook and Conner as starting RBs (with Bell and Chubb lottery tickets) and I have Diggs/Landry/Jeffrey so there's no way I can actually do it right

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Dropping a TE to pick up a defense to cover for the bears bye.

There's a good chance who i drop will be getting picked up on waivers, i'm near the end due to grabbing Yeldon and some teams TE situations are p bad.

.5 PPR

Ebron or Njoku ROS?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I got offered Michael Thomas for my CMC in 0.5 ppr which I feel like is normally a mash accept but it leaves me with just Cook and Conner as starting RBs (with Bell and Chubb lottery tickets) and I have Diggs/Landry/Jeffrey so there's no way I can actually do it right

Yeah, you need CMC

VietCampo posted:

Dropping a TE to pick up a defense to cover for the bears bye.

There's a good chance who i drop will be getting picked up on waivers, i'm near the end due to grabbing Yeldon and some teams TE situations are p bad.

.5 PPR

Ebron or Njoku ROS?

I mean, Ebron has been a top five tight end this season. Njoku hasn't even been a TE2

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ebron is always a top-five tight end in my heart

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Sataere posted:

Scoring settings kinda matter, but the only format I'd even consider a move is standard. And even then, I'm not sure.

Duh sorry. It's PPR. Yea...I'm not feeling it either.

Keith Atherton posted:

I have Howard and after last week I'm not sure what his role is going to be going forward in Chicago. I'm afraid its going to be a committee after Cohen went off

I know...it's sad cuz Howard is a stud. Sigh ok thanks for confirming my thoughts.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

I turned Fitzgerald and Crabtree into Demaryius Thomas and Allen Robinson. I'm stoked.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

decypher posted:

I turned Fitzgerald and Crabtree into Demaryius Thomas and Allen Robinson. I'm stoked.

As a Thomas and Robinson owner I’m a bit :confused: that you’re stoked but good luck to us both

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone think Rishard Matthews is worth holding in dynasty (deep rosters, 16 team)? I haven't seen any news of him working out anywhere or anything at all yet

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Azhais posted:

Anyone think Rishard Matthews is worth holding in dynasty (deep rosters, 16 team)? I haven't seen any news of him working out anywhere or anything at all yet

I mean who would even be worth picking up in those scenarios? Might as well hold onto the lotto ticket.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Keith Atherton posted:

As a Thomas and Robinson owner I’m a bit :confused: that you’re stoked but good luck to us both

Yeah, I'm sure I'll regret it. But hey, change for the sake of change!

Edit: honestly, would you rather have Crabtree and Fitzgerald! I think not.

decypher fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 4, 2018

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

decypher posted:

Yeah, I'm sure I'll regret it. But hey, change for the sake of change!

Take my opinion with a grain of salt considering this is what I’m rolling out this week

I don’t even know where to start to unfuck this team

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean who would even be worth picking up in those scenarios? Might as well hold onto the lotto ticket.

aldrick robinson is available (I dropped neal sterling for that claim).

at that point I'd be dropping him for like geoff swaim or zach pascal

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Azhais posted:

aldrick robinson is available (I dropped neal sterling for that claim).

at that point I'd be dropping him for like geoff swaim or zach pascal

I'd hold Matthews betting he catches on somewhere else (assuming that's what he wants) or grab Pascal if there's potentially room to keep him for next year. Hard pass on the others

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Keith Atherton posted:

Take my opinion with a grain of salt considering this is what I’m rolling out this week

I don’t even know where to start to unfuck this team

Start by packaging some 2 for 1 trades. Players like Demaryius Thomas, etc. Make incremental improvements but work to improve your starters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It is not accurate (Lewis has pretty unique, agile running style). But Michel is gonna be good probably. Reminds me of Reggie Bush.