Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

His mantra is Dig Up Stupid rather than say he shouldn't have said something

He also poo poo on one piece's artstyle despite openly enjoying what he saw of the series (up through alabasta iirc) and while the artstyle is certainly stylized, it's not BAD. It's gotten considerably better as the series has gone on, too, outside of the bimbofication of most women in it

if he saw up to alabasta hed still be watching. more likely he read it which makes even less sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

if he saw up to alabasta hed still be watching. more likely he read it which makes even less sense

I don't really see how watching versus reading makes a difference here

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

scary ghost dog posted:

Well, the one piece anime is real fuckin long, so I can see when he was watching it maybe not having the time to really knuckle down and watch 400+ episodes of a thing he enjoyed but might not have been SUPER into, especially if he didn't follow filler avoidance guides.

I messaged him about trying out the manga but he basically brushed it off which is a bummer. OP's artstyle takes some getting used to but it absolutely grows on you, and now I prefer it to a lot of more standard styles. Oda's character designs can be real varied(when not a woman) and apparently, according to eyepatchwolf, there's over 880 named characters in the series. That is nuts.

Also the color version of the manga looks real drat good and some iconic scenes(in particular, THAT scene from the Paramount War Arc) are gorgeously rendered. I wonder if he might give that a go, certainly adds a lot when you can fully enjoy the various character's clownsuits like Doflamingo and co.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Honestly with the one piece anime there's several points where you can just read a basic plot synopsis and start watching from the start of the arc

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Andrast posted:

I don't really see how watching versus reading makes a difference here

its a joke about how one piece anime tends to anime .3 manga chapters per episode to keep from catching up because one piece is the last holdout of shonen anime that dont take any seasonal breaks and just keep going week to week without end

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finallly hit the game being played on camera in the DQ11 stream and Pat goes: '(The Luminary) might as well be Goku' and only then do I realize, aw gently caress Chalky is basically Grampa Gohan.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

RareAcumen posted:

Finallly hit the game being played on camera in the DQ11 stream and Pat goes: '(The Luminary) might as well be Goku' and only then do I realize, aw gently caress Chalky is basically Grampa Gohan.

DQ8's hero was more Goku. DQ11 is like. Somewhere between Future Trunks and Android 17.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Monathin posted:

DQ8's hero was more Goku. DQ11 is like. Somewhere between Future Trunks and Android 17.

Dunno if I agree about 8 but I was more just saying that because 'Oh poo poo! I didn't even realize Chalky was Grampa Gohan!' Agreed on Eleven being Trunks though. Shame about his lack of emoting. I'm only just barely into Act 2 by the way.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm glad that the shitstorm intro isn't extremely long this time.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
8’s hero super tension mode has him turn Super Sayian. He looks like Goku. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shindragon posted:

8’s hero super tension mode has him turn Super Sayian. He looks like Goku. :v:

Yeah, not in the 3DS version, sadly. And the problem is that you see him in the bandana all the time so I can't really remember him looking very Goku-ish because he's pretty much wearing that thing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Noooooooooo! :( Aww man I was looking forward to doing that

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, not in the 3DS version, sadly. And the problem is that you see him in the bandana all the time so I can't really remember him looking very Goku-ish because he's pretty much wearing that thing.

To be fair, that's probably because 8's hero is more Goku as he looked at the end of Dragonball and not anything resembling his modern animation model.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
What is the ! AT RISK ! meme from? Cause drat Pat you're pretty red dude

https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyBetterPigeonDxCat

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Pat just hit his second boss phase.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love the DQ stream mostly because their stupid rambles and shenanigans are accompanied by excellently whimsical music.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Capn Beeb posted:

when a weapon or armor is at its breaking point in bark souls

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Monathin posted:

DQ8's hero was way more Gohan than Goku to me.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Dunno if I agree about 8 but I was more just saying that because 'Oh poo poo! I didn't even realize Chalky was Grampa Gohan!' Agreed on Eleven being Trunks though. Shame about his lack of emoting. I'm only just barely into Act 2 by the way.

RareAcumen posted:

I didn't think of it until the second Pat Pat broke, whereupon I immediately knew why he was laughing.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Depths posted:

when a weapon or armor is at its breaking point in bark souls

Ahh that's why it was vaguely familiar, thanks. It'd been bugging me for a while :haw:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I didn't think of it until the second Pat Pat broke, whereupon I immediately knew why he was laughing.

Yeah, I can now proudly say 'I understood that reference'

Shows how much I remember OG Dragonball though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I haven't watched Dragonball for 13 years straight and I still remember most of the story.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh my god, someone with a Twitter account please tell Pat to keep up that pregnancy gag in the DQ stream. That was some of the funniest poo poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8yiVgLXwlU

Highlights
1:05:40
1:42:10
2:12:00
2:16:10

God, what a powerful 1 1/2 hours of material.

Edit: Since Bowsette's a topic on the podcast again

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_pfuiqhFQhi1uxmqku_480.mp4

http://thejohnsu.tumblr.com/post/178734973366/some-folks-were-interested-in-individual#notes

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 5, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Okay Paratopic I was willing to let slide but if this Shitstorm is going to be mainly games Matt already played on his channel last year that's extremely disappointing

e: That said it's a long one, Pat's playing, and there's some good-rear end Pat scares

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 5, 2018

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's lame but Matt was pretty transparently playing those games on his own channel as research for Shitstorm so I'm not surprised, I just wish he'd let Pat play them instead of playing them himself and half-pretending they're new.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Having not watched every stream Matt has done it's nice to see these games on the Shitstorm, but I can totally get why people who do follow their off-channel streams would be frustrated

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's the "pretending they're new" that really gets me. Watching him fake reactions to things he already knows or seeing him gently caress around with the car because he knows he has to get into the trunk but doesn't remember when isn't fun to watch.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I thought they learned their lesson with metal gear rising that pretending you're surprised doesn't work and usually sucks

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's lame but Matt was pretty transparently playing those games on his own channel as research for Shitstorm so I'm not surprised, I just wish he'd let Pat play them instead of playing them himself and half-pretending they're new.

Yeah Pat being the one to actually play would be much better

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i dont know guys, matt tends to be clueless in general so maybe he genuinely forgot lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

i dont know guys, matt tends to be clueless in general so maybe he genuinely forgot lol

Ha! I was thinking the same thing.

[Throw shield]

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Futaba Anzu posted:

There's way too much half-remembering in both of the replay games he was on controls for, like the five minutes of him wandering around the upper level of the house in tonight's video because he remembered that a bird scares you and you look out the window to see the ghost dude but not what triggers it.

It's actively worse than him forgetting.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I disagree with the guys on this one. It’s a pretty boring looking hell at least this far into the video

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Agony sucks and is based around shock imagery to distract you from the gameplay being total hot rear end

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Agony is a very Twelve year old boy trying to be edgy grimdark. Hell is bad everything is meat and body parts and all the worst things have and/or are vaginas!

The best friends, being Berserk Fans, are the target audience.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hell even Berserk had a lot of crazy imagery going on with it's behelit hell, Agony is just boring bullshit from some hack devs, who after it started bombing pulled out the old "CENSORSHIIIIIIP" card to court idiots who still whip up over that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Yeah, Agony is just dull

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What are some of everyone's favorite Shitstorm videos from previous years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bug Island