Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JBP posted:

Just say that you think it's horseshit that your party is having its strings pulled by a small number of religious dickheads. Get a loving backbone. I will vote for the first visible backbone next election.

Skeleton party wins in a landslide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

JBP posted:

Just say that you think it's horseshit that your party is having its strings pulled by a small number of religious dickheads. Get a loving backbone. I will vote for the first visible backbone next election.

I always knew you were a lock for the skeleton party

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I always knew you were a lock for the skeleton party

Devastating snipe by MMG on this post

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/chriskkenny/status/1047331493985435648

https://twitter.com/chriskkenny/status/1047361739405160449

Maybe if they took the GST off dog loving he'd chill out a bit and stop being such a horrible ghoul

Box of Bunnies fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Oct 3, 2018

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm actually ok with ditching the bra tax as well

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bowmore posted:

I'm actually ok with ditching the bra tax as well

Would that stretch to all undies, or just bras? Could I pay less for guyfront trunks

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Box of Bunnies posted:

Maybe if they took the GST off dog loving he'd chill out a bit and stop being such a horrible ghoul

gently caress off Chris Kenny.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Box of Bunnies posted:

my breasts

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
What’s next, a “safety net” where “all people” are “guaranteed” “basic necessities”?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

JBP posted:

What the gently caress is he on about here?

He's asking what % of Australians make up the conservative Church base of the Liberal party as 36% is the total. He's very roundabout saying they are a very small insignificant minority and not the Liberal base.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Box of Bunnies posted:

All I've ever seen Kenny do is get owned and ratio'd like hell on Twitter. It baffles me why he keeps posting.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Lid posted:

He's asking what % of Australians make up the conservative Church base of the Liberal party as 36% is the total. He's very roundabout saying they are a very small insignificant minority and not the Liberal base.

I know. It's piss weak poo poo masquerading as wink wink I'm smart.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Lid posted:

What if you're giving him to much credit, what if he is legitimately asking someone to work it out for him?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JBP posted:

I know. It's piss weak poo poo masquerading as wink wink I'm smart.

I meant to include the word smarmy in there somewhere

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://twitter.com/fraser_anning/status/1046699226556583936

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

*Monocle explodes*

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

14/8/18

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Taking time off work to surf the web is time theft

ASK most employees what it means to steal from their employer and you’re likely to get answers that relate to taking home office stationery or fabricating work-related expenses.

But there’s another form of theft which is far more prevalent in our workplaces than we care to acknowledge or recognise, and it’s growing and impacting the bottom line of many organisations

Time theft that occurs when employees accept payment for time that they did not put into their work – and it is more easily executed by those with fixed paid hours as opposed to those in salaried positions who must perform the job regardless of the hours required.

It occurs in many different forms but it is one particular type that has thrust the concept in to the spotlight in recent times – using paid work time for online personal activities.

It might be ten minutes here or ten minutes there but over time and across multiple employees the loss can soon add up with time theft estimated to cost Australian organisations billions of dollars each year.

How often, for example have you spent time at work surfing online to get the best airfares for your summer vacation abroad?

Or perhaps you have been made aware of a sale at your favourite retailer but because of your work commitments you have embarked upon some online shopping during working time to secure a bargain?

Maybe it’s simply that you while away your work day chatting to your cyberfriends via your favourite social media sites or you find it more convenient to pay your bills online during the work day.

The bottom line is that if you do engage in these behaviours regularly then you are most probably committing time theft.

For many employees who engage in time theft, it does not stop at online surfing. Think also about the paid work time devoted to lengthy non-work related chats, extended breaks, late starts, or even early knock-offs.

Of course, most employers acknowledge and accept that many employees will devote a small amount of work time to attending to personal matters - and many employees, will make up the time by reducing their breaks or extending their work hours.

But the bottom line is that time theft through personal web surfing reduces productivity and employers are increasingly taking steps to curb their losses.

They recognise that the actions of an employee engaged in time theft can negatively impact on others when they see that that timeliness is not recognised and there are no consequences.

And when counterproductive behaviour is perceived as acceptable behaviour in the workplace, it spreads like a plague of locusts.

So next time you decide to play an online computer game during work time, perhaps rethink that move – you’ll be a winner in the eyes of your employer.

Professor Gary Martin is Chief Executive Officer, the Australian Institute of Management WA.

Chatting to co workers is theft.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

TIME THEFT

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I pay my team to do a job. I have never once cared if they came in late or left early because they always get done what needs to be done. It works super well!

AgentF
May 11, 2009
"Pauline Hanson has become prime minister in 2019? That's five years too early!"

"Something's not right here. We might be looking at... Time Theft."

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm going to steal the most valuable prize of all

TIME ITSELF

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No wait No! You're stealing my TIME!
AaaaAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGHHHHHHhhhhh

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
DORMAMMU!

I've come to collective bargain!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

bell jar posted:

TIME THEFT

Zero sum games, the perfect absolution for control freaks.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
The LNP are probably reading that story this morning about some 79 year old dude who enslaved some teenager 40 years ago and kept him in a shed out the back and thinking "well if he didnt want to be enslaved he should have negotiated better conditions"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

https://www.news.com.au/news/nation...9c18820ad6f04c3

Unbelievable they didn't record any offences or charge anyone when clearly these people were being black and loud simultaneously in public.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Konomex posted:

What if you're giving him to much credit, what if he is legitimately asking someone to work it out for him?

Craig Laundy is about as far to the centre as you can get in the LNP (he was Malcolm’s staunchest defender and lost his Ministry after the spill), so he is making the point that moving to the right will not succeed. That said, as JBP and others have pointed out, like all moderate Liberals he lacks any kind of spine so he cloaks his critique behind wordplay.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

lol I missed this and also what is that av?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

*Monocle explodes*

hell gently caress yeah

dunno why News Corpse is into bashing workers at the moment, but keep on going, it'll only make your readership smaller

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Workers are stealing valuable oxygen and time from our businesses with their incessant breathing!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You Am I posted:

hell gently caress yeah

dunno why News Corpse is into bashing workers at the moment, but keep on going, it'll only make your readership smaller

Nah the people currently reading are the brain dead morons that dob on people for taking too long to piss or making calls to their family on the work phone.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Vic Labor announced they're funding three year old kinder.

Edit: actually I think it's Federal Labor funding it? Whatever, kids in schools.

Whitlam fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 4, 2018

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

lol I missed this and also what is that av?

lmao i guess i made some people mad in pyf

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Whitlam posted:

Vic Labor announced they're funding three year old kinder.

Edit: actually I think it's Federal Labor funding it? Whatever, kids in schools.

https://twitter.com/BreakfastNews/status/1047607316621582336

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Good on Trioli for actually going in and saying the things she said, you wouldn't catch Leigh Sales interrogating MPs like this. Another video that shows that the ALP is at best superficially different from the Liberals. When Trioli asks why he thinks it's acceptable to have children in detention, he says he doesn't agree with having children in detention (*who have medical issues). What about the children without medical issues? Ah well, gently caress em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

Good on Trioli for actually going in and saying the things she said, you wouldn't catch Leigh Sales interrogating MPs like this. Another video that shows that the ALP is at best superficially different from the Liberals. When Trioli asks why he thinks it's acceptable to have children in detention, he says he doesn't agree with having children in detention (*who have medical issues). What about the children without medical issues? Ah well, gently caress em

What does a border security apparatus have to do with funding early learning for Australian citizens?

• Locked thread