Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Wombot posted:

https://splinternews.com/the-loneliest-democrat-in-america-1829426449

P. good piece on a democrat that actually gets "it" (how to loving campaign in small town America), Greg Sagan in Texas.

There's a larger story to be told how utterly useless the state Democratic party is in Texas and people are more and more eschewing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
May the blessings of Friar Moustache ward the evil from this page.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Some sort of Manchurian candidate deal?

Maybe some kind of mashup between Manchurian Candidate and Wimp Lo from Kung Pao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqaCEPwWGtc

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wingnut Ninja posted:

May the blessings of Friar Moustache ward the evil from this page.

Maybe some kind of mashup between Manchurian Candidate and Wimp Lo from Kung Pao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqaCEPwWGtc

Does Friar Moustache wish the shameful failed sniper be punished?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Does Friar Moustache wish the shameful failed sniper be punished?

Well I'm no theologian, but I have to imagine he believes in forgiveness and the sublime mercy of dog.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Press conference w/ local sheriff and PD chief now states total of 7 officers shot, they were there to serve a search warrant for child sex abuse and all the kids were home while all this was going on. Shooter hit three deputies who were initially serving warrant and fired on additional responders from second story window while they attempted to treat the first three.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 4, 2018

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Total of 7 officers shot, they were there to serve a search warrant for child sex abuse

Were they shot with 3D printed guns?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Some sort of Manchurian candidate deal?

Some networks may not have been ready for the presidential alert

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Oh boy. Donnie can take down cell networks and kill people whenever something is on his tiny little mind.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Imagine the last text you get before pandemonium being ALL IS WELL AND SO WAS MY MASSIVE ELECTORAL VICTORY

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I didn’t even get an alert. Or maybe alerts depopulate if you’re away from the phone when they come in?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Imagine the last text you get before the bombs drop being ALL IS WELL AND SO WAS MY MASSIVE ELECTORAL VICTORY

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

I didn’t even get an alert. Or maybe alerts depopulate if you’re away from the phone when they come in?

Nah, I was away from my phone until a couple of hours after the alert, and I had it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Imagine the last text you get before the bombs drop being ALL IS WELL AND SO WAS MY MASSIVE ELECTORAL VICTORY ALSO CALL ME IVANKA WE DONT HAVE LONG

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

mlmp08 posted:

That's why they had to test it, to see just how crappy the system is and (pretend to) shore it up. The FCC and FEMA have been working on it a little bit at a time for about the last decade but it never seems to be very successful, though they like to call it a success. Apparently when they did a test back in 2011 DirecTV played lady Gaga over the broadcast for those that actually got the signal.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Where does this fit on the 'decorum bad' spectrum?

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
They really threw the book at that poor fucker. Identity Theft? Burglary? I guess I missed the post when it happened but it seems a bit much.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

This is unsurprising and yet still depressing.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Wombot posted:

https://splinternews.com/the-loneliest-democrat-in-america-1829426449

P. good piece on a democrat that actually gets "it" (how to loving campaign in small town America), Greg Sagan in Texas.

This dude's my new hero

quote:

“I don’t have to pledge my allegiance. I’m a Vietnam vet. I’ve already demonstrated it,” he says. “None of these symbols of America mean anything to me any more.”

If that is true, the math for Greg Sagan—and for the Greg Sagans of the foreseeable future—is grim. The blue wave may not break on the prairies of Amarillo. To do what Greg Sagan is doing takes something more than optimism. It takes an irrational sense of duty. “I really do see congressional representatives as being servants of the people, and not their masters,” Sagan says. “I think whenever we lose sight of that, we lose our legitimacy. And right after that we lose our voters.”

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

AkrisD posted:

They really threw the book at that poor fucker. Identity Theft? Burglary? I guess I missed the post when it happened but it seems a bit much.

From the 28th to the 2nd, the guy was using a twitter bot to dox members of congress.

The bot was congress edits and got suspended at least twice for this.

All the bot does is watch wikipedia for anyone who edits it from a congressional IP and then posts it. Some times these are really funny or spiteful.

This guy was just the spite.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This dude's my new hero

That pledge quote is exactly how I feel.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Soulex posted:

That pledge quote is exactly how I feel.

That and the "irrational sense of duty" bit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

senate is getting kavanaugh report tonight

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
That report is being more strictly controlled than the loving Necronomicon. Kavanaugh's gonna turn out to be the bastard son of Yog-Sothoth.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
None of this is going to matter unless Collins, Murkowski, Flake, Sasse, or anybody else that's "expressed concerns" actually votes no. They need three defections.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Klaatu Barada Nikavanaughisaserialrapist

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
=) 🧀🤔

Had the thread open on my phone and my bird managed to hit reply then wrote you guys the above message. This is a current event.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Wingnut Ninja posted:

That report is being more strictly controlled than the loving Necronomicon. Kavanaugh's gonna turn out to be the bastard son of Yog-Sothoth.

So it should leak by lunch tomorrow.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
There's one copy and Lindsey Graham is currently eating it alone at an Applebees

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

You can probably judge how bad it is by how quickly the GOP tries to push a vote after they open it for reading.

"Whoa yeah nothing to see here, hey you know what's fun a midnight confirmation vote let's goooooo!!!!" :uhaul:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Vasudus posted:

None of this is going to matter unless Collins, Murkowski, Flake, Sasse, or anybody else that's "expressed concerns" actually votes no. They need three defections.

Only two to make it 49-51, and Murkowski is a likely no.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Terrifying Effigies posted:

You can probably judge how bad it is by how quickly the GOP tries to push a vote after they open it for reading.

"Whoa yeah nothing to see here, hey you know what's fun a midnight confirmation vote let's goooooo!!!!" :uhaul:

Yeah, midnight confirmation at an eldritch stone altar on a remote hilltop in a forgotten corner of Massachusetts.

Kavanaugh fhtagn.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'll take some solace in knowing Bart will get beat up for being himself for the rest of his life. I mean, tons of people hated Scalia, and for good reason too. But we didn't know intimate details of him being a pathetic, drunk, rapey, over-privileged dweeb. He also wasn't anywhere near as much of a crybaby.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

Oh boy. Donnie can take down cell networks and kill people whenever something is on his tiny little mind.

https://twitter.com/ritapanahi/status/1047624312243466243?s=21

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Casimir Radon posted:

I'll take some solace in knowing Bart will get beat up for being himself for the rest of his life. I mean, tons of people hated Scalia, and for good reason too. But we didn't know intimate details of him being a pathetic, drunk, rapey, over-privileged dweeb. He also wasn't anywhere near as much of a crybaby.

Sidenote that we're about ~20 years out before dudes Kavanaugh's age start going through upper Court nominations with internet social media trails that extend back into their college and high school years, the future's going to be a fun time if we're not all dead before then :getin:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Sidenote that we're about ~20 years out before dudes Kavanaugh's age start going through upper Court nominations with internet social media trails that extend back into their college and high school years, the future's going to be a fun time if we're not all dead before then :getin:

also majority of boomers will be dead

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
After talking with someone else, my life goal to is to outlive whoever becomes the last Boomer

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
consensus on baby boom's end is 1964 so you'll have to wait about 50-60 years

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I had a pretty edgelordy stage but at least most of it was online and not under my own name.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Judge Soulex, you once played World of Warcraft correct?

"Yes"

"And how many times did you tell another player to "get cancer" "suck my dick' or other such vulgarity?"

..."Yes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's actually him, the body double is working this week.

• Locked thread