Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I want to believe Shane Black made a bad Predator movie on purpose after getting mad at the studio. 😢

Also I hosed up at some point because I got that Prodos Titty Predator as a Facebook ad and occasional Raging Heroes ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAUAA8jkF4k

This but with Predators would have ruled

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Oh poo poo, I just listened to the Movie Mastery about that one, too!

W: Predator 2018, not Gremlins 2. Although they should do that as well (or, if they have, I should listen to it).

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 29, 2018

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

I know this is supposed to be about the wall "art" but I can't help but feel like she's thinking "oh gently caress my foot slipped" and the facial expression seems to bear that out.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

wdarkk posted:

I know this is supposed to be about the wall "art" but I can't help but feel like she's thinking "oh gently caress my foot slipped" and the facial expression seems to bear that out.

the miniature itself being like that doesnt help

some folks get more creative:

from the same painter, Infinity inside jokes get weird:

quote:

This is a Nomad hero of the Strikezone: Wotan online campaign, for Infinity the Game. The mighty Dong Peyote, inspired by an abrupt appearance of the Don Peyote Repurposed Freighter, shaped like… well – it looks like a dong. Plunged balls deep into the enemy lines, the Dong Peyote is a sight to behold! His incredible feats of manliness are well known in the entire Human Sphere! This is a hero the all Nomads deserve!

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 29, 2018

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Is that a repurposed freighter in your pocket?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
On Predator 2018; I think they started off with a desire to emulate the original movie, then moved the setting to mostly suburban America kinda like the second movie (but not really) then decided to put together the A-Team if the whole crew was a more murdery Murdoch vs the Predator, threw in a surprising amount of jokes, only to decide they needed to make Predators more bad rear end than before so did the gene editing super preds thing and finally decided to setup a sequel with that final scene of sheer wtf stupid shark jumping.

In other words, they should have decided what the film is meant to be then make that. Also, the CGI was bad.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
The only thing worse than the CGI was the editing. There were moments I thought I'd blacked out and missed 5 minutes of the film because the cuts between scenes/shots were so jarring.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Ugleb posted:

On Predator 2018; I think they started off with a desire to emulate the original movie, then moved the setting to mostly suburban America kinda like the second movie (but not really) then decided to put together the A-Team if the whole crew was a more murdery Murdoch vs the Predator, threw in a surprising amount of jokes, only to decide they needed to make Predators more bad rear end than before so did the gene editing super preds thing and finally decided to setup a sequel with that final scene of sheer wtf stupid shark jumping.

In other words, they should have decided what the film is meant to be then make that. Also, the CGI was bad.

I think it's less likely a series of weird sequential fuckups and more that Shane Black tried to make as deliberately weird and audience-assumption-challenging Predator movie as he made an Iron Man movie, and then test audiences went "What the hell is this?" and the studio went "Right, it's testing badly. Hack it to as short a running time as possible so theaters can have more showings, so we make a smaller loss on opening weekend, since word of mouth is going to kill it after that."

(This could also explain the bad CG, as they'd have test audience reactions before the CG is finished, and expecting a loss might result in them cutting the SFX budget mid-process.)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

I'm the grimdark Pac-Man base

(we're still doing "I'm the" jokes, right? :ohdear:)

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I'm the crippling self-doubt.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

so my brushes are making GBS threads out and i think i should just get a new set. is there a good starter set of camel hairs of sables that someone recommends?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Yes

Also there are The Predator threads to post about The Predator in, TIA.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yes

You got something better to post about than predatitties?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

so my brushes are making GBS threads out and i think i should just get a new set. is there a good starter set of camel hairs of sables that someone recommends?

OP you need to rename the thread again

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Windsor and Newton series 7 miniature. My friend bangs on about artis opus but they are pricey as gently caress

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yes

If they're in CD they're probably poo poo

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

we really need more info here. are you painting naked breasts or a urinating soldier about to be dispatched by a stealthy assassin??

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

StuG Jeebus posted:

If they're in CD they're probably poo poo

Blockbuster Video has a thread

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Nebalebadingdong posted:

we really need more info here. are you painting naked breasts or a urinating soldier about to be dispatched by a stealthy assassin??

need some fine detail brushes to paint veins on a space marine hog i greenstuffed on

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
drat that owns

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I didn't know Blanka was in Mario Kart.

(this owns)

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
:vomarine:
:perfect:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Hell yes. A whole Army of big weirdly proportioned orks would be awesome

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This owns.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Has never skipped neck day.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

Windsor and Newton series 7 miniature. My friend bangs on about artis opus but they are pricey as gently caress

Good brushes cost money. That being said, W&N's have been having some serious QC issues lately, and brush tips are splitting a lot. I don't know if they are cheaping out on the sable or what, but the quality isn't what it used to be. Broken Toad is supposed to have some good brushes, but they are all out of stock due to Russian sanctions/shortages.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah my last W&N is a bit fucky and it splits. Thought I might just have a dodgy one. Think I may get some of those artis opus ones.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Apparently there are counterfeit brushes out there now, so that's also a possibility.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Indeed. There’s counterfeit W&NS7 brushes being put out by various online sellers, and the way Amazon works now, it’s not possible to ensure you’re not getting a 3rd party seller when you buy from them. The only way to ensure you’re getting a real one is to find an art store that buys from a reputable source.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

berzerkmonkey posted:

Good brushes cost money. That being said, W&N's have been having some serious QC issues lately, and brush tips are splitting a lot. I don't know if they are cheaping out on the sable or what, but the quality isn't what it used to be. Broken Toad is supposed to have some good brushes, but they are all out of stock due to Russian sanctions/shortages.

I got some W&Ns a few months ago that had poor tips and splitting issues. I bought them from blick so they sent me replacements, which were actually quite good, but didn't even look like the same size/model as the originals despite having the same info printed on the handle.

Anyway if you're going to buy W&Ns make sure it's from a reputable dealer who will sort QA issues for you and not some shady amazon marketplace store.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
The issue with Amazon is that when third parties send items in for them to stock/distribute if it's the same "item" they get inventoried together. So you can buy from a reputable seller, but get someone elses fakes put into the fulfillment chain. Pretty common on any name brand item that China fakes.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Big Mek and gretchin WIP. Don’t forget to lock up your forgeworld at night or this might happen

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Ghazk posted:

Big Mek and gretchin WIP. Don’t forget to lock up your forgeworld at night or this might happen

:popeye: owns

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Ghazk posted:

Awesome.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

Ghazk posted:

:perfect:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ghazk posted:

wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Moola posted:

wrong thread

I’m actually legit :ohdear: that the lack of “The Bad Thread” in the new title may lead to good jobs getting posted here?