Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Bath Tubs posted:

Okay the Bane bit that Gil Ozen does on episode 567 is the most i've laughed at at a CBB bit in a long time for some reason.

For some reason, I always burst out laughing when he would constantly pepper his responses with the "Yesss!" in the Bane accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Is this the first time a guest played someone who has actually been on the show before? I gotta assume LMM is getting a big kick out of this.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

FitFortDanga posted:

Is this the first time a guest played someone who has actually been on the show before? I gotta assume LMM is getting a big kick out of this.

No. There was that comedian, Amy Phillips, who did an impersonation of Sarah Silverman for an entire episode. Episode 198.

Ron Sexsmith was very confused the entire time, and kept flubbing the bit by saying "But you're not Sarah Silverman?"

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Oh yeah, forgot about that one!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Franchescanado posted:

No. There was that comedian, Amy Phillips, who did an impersonation of Sarah Silverman for an entire episode. Episode 198.

Ron Sexsmith was very confused the entire time, and kept flubbing the bit by saying "But you're not Sarah Silverman?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt0qnC9ofn4

bring back videos

edit: has it been five years already :smugjones:

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 8, 2018

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I liked the videos for improv4humans, especially for the YouTube bits, and I liked it for Who Charted, but it just doesn't work for shows like CBB or Hollywood Handbook, where many of the jokes come from split-second absurdity that's ruined if you're just watching people sitting at a table talking.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

piratepilates posted:

bring back videos
Agreed. I think it would be great for Threedom and U2/REM in particular

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Magissima posted:

Agreed. I think it would be great for Threedom and U2/REM in particular

Oh yeah, I'd totally be on board for that.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I4H did some live Facebook broadcasts that they didn't advertise at all so nobody watched. Those were okay.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

All the video versions of CBB I can remember were great. The visual performances only improved the Tim Heidecker/Jon Daly ep.
Look at this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBLYhbljFI&t=1536s
Also, PFT's Richard Harrow mask.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The only video I remember is Lauren Lapkus slowly dying inside as John Gemberling debates the morality of various bestial acts with a listener who gave up on changing Gemberling's mind before he even called.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Gemberling now gets a flurry of tweets whenever beastality becomes national news, so I hope he is happy with that stance

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

All the video versions of CBB I can remember were great. The visual performances only improved the Tim Heidecker/Jon Daly ep.
Look at this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBLYhbljFI&t=1536s
Also, PFT's Richard Harrow mask.
I loved how PFT stayed in character during the lengthy "Would You Rather" theme song.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

The video that sticks with me is everyone sitting around the table dancing to the theme song. It must have been a special episode because I remember a lot of people, including Lapkus and PFT. I think of PFT's little dance all the time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wow, Scott kinda goes full into 'all improv, all the time' with Ike from the start this week. Dude barely gets chance to breathe before the next thing comes at him. Handled it well.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Yeah I really enjoyed that segment. I was surprised when they said he'd been on several times before because I didn't remember him, but it turns out he was only on once before with Chris Hardwick in 2012. I must have missed that one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

“I’m good with titles” - Scott Aukerman (Host, Comedy Bang! Bang!)

Which I only just noticed has the “!”s in the cover art, but not the iTunes listing name. Huh.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Possibly the worst post to make during the forums issues. Forum is fixed, and my post full of "s is now legible. It is still, however, a bad post.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 10, 2018

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I didn't read who the guest list was before listening to this week's episode, so I was pretty excited when I started hearing the off-mic laughter during the Emily Heller interview. "Is that...a Ryan Rosenberg chuckle? A subdued Drew Tarver's cackle?"

Great episode. "You and me, on the couch, no wives? Yeahhhh...Big smile and nod from Scott about gettin' the wives outta the house."

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I just realized that Halloween is next week. So excited.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well I was working in the lab, late one night!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Franchescanado posted:

Well I was working in the lab, late one night!

I wouldn't get your hopes up, word on the street is we're getting a brand new song this year.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I wouldn't get your hopes up, word on the street is we're getting a brand new song this year.

We get a new song every year. :downs:

Not that it matters, but I was quoting Beuford working that line in as much as possible

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

So excited to visit suicide house once again.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Franchescanado posted:

We get a new song every year. :downs:

I think that was the joke...

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I think that was the joke...

Get out of here Wiger, you robot.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

@ScottAukerman posted:

FYI @ComedyBangBang fans - due to scheduling commitments, we won’t be doing a Halloween podcast Monday. Regularly scheduled ep coming tho!

Well poo poo.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm okay with this. The joke's funny but it's hit the point where I don't really need to hear it again.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

*sob* but I miss my...... creeeepies

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I blame that corny rear end burger boy Nick Wiger

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I miss Milo.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Until this week passes without a Halloween episode, I won’t believe Scott.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

All I got was that he wasn't going to be able to put it out on Monday, not that he wasn't doing it at all. Could pop up on Wednesday or Thursday.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

We had a dog named Milo last episode!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Garbus, Betsy Sodaro and Will Hines. This is infinitely better than a Halloween ep.

Oh, how I sure do miss Gelman and Daly kind of half-assing their way through characters they're obviously bored with, somebody else nervously workshopping a 'spooky' character, and 10 minutes of Wiger laying track on the idea that he's definitely not about to do the Monster gently caress.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

agreed except for the monster gently caress, which is timeless

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

cams posted:

agreed except for the monster gently caress, which is timeless

I’m partial to The Monster gently caress: Part 2

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I like gabrus but especially as Gino

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Garbus, Betsy Sodaro and Will Hines. This is infinitely better than a Halloween ep.

Oh, how I sure do miss Gelman and Daly kind of half-assing their way through characters they're obviously bored with, somebody else nervously workshopping a 'spooky' character, and 10 minutes of Wiger laying track on the idea that he's definitely not about to do the Monster gently caress.

You're right but Brett Gelman/Jon Daly aren't on the show enough so I always look forward to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

JethroMcB posted:

sometimes you just want to hear the story about the lone ranger on the freeway, doesn't matter if you've heard it 100 times before, it reminds you of the past and all the times you've laughed before man