Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Man, I would have loved to have walked off with it as a souvenir, but I'm pretty sure they would have noticed the perimeter of fully visible insulation around the window, and I would have just been like "Uhh, I'unno, it was like that when I got here?" and then someone would have gotten suspicious and next thing you know parts of the plane are found in my laptop bag and I'm on the no-fly list 3000 miles from home. Maybe still worth the risk though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

"Why, it's my new Windows laptop, sir."

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Deteriorata posted:

"It's just in airplane mode at the moment"

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The inside windows on passenger planes have holes in them so the pressure doesn’t blast them into shards and break the outside window. They don’t do anything other than keep passengers away from the actual important windows.

It’s a safety barrier and part of the interior compartments that are thankfully not supposed to be airtight.

If the inside window comes off, the actual worst thing that could happen is for someone to try to smash it into the real window.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 3, 2018

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Deteriorata posted:

Bad Munki posted:

"It's just in airplane mode at the moment"
:golfclap:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/0CKOaAC.mp4

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
If no one was hurt, it can't really be that unsafe, CAN IT?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I'm calling it, electricity was a bad idea

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
and some say it's driving still

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Relentless posted:

If it's roots were threatening a foundation, it was probably going to come down anyway. Not in such a rush-job way, but still coming down.

We also had trees like that taken down here in Florida because of hurricanes. Nobody wants something like that toppling on a house.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Wow, that was a really nice tree. Sucks it had to come down because of some rear end in a top hat.

It was a pine tree. gently caress pine trees, they should be in forests only.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Platystemon posted:

Everything is destined for the scrap heap, including the vehicle.

Exactly. It's very efficient - just drive directly to the junkyard and toss the keys through the little window.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Down Periscope is a good movie.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Brute Squad posted:

Down Periscope is a good movie.
Watched it this morning, can confirm.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r48_uT_OmTc

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It looks like they knew this thing was gonna blow when they flipped the switch, besides that they're filming at all, everyone's real hesitant, preparing to run, so why would they even flip the switch in the first place and presumably make the problem worse?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Azathoth posted:

It looks like they knew this thing was gonna blow when they flipped the switch, besides that they're filming at all, everyone's real hesitant, preparing to run, so why would they even flip the switch in the first place and presumably make the problem worse?

Well to start with:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
did it for the vine

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

I'm not an expert, but I don't think that's how you draw on eyebrows.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
"Wanna see a magic trick?"

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Impressive dedication to the "don't pull it out" safety principle for puncture wounds.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Truly mightier than the sword.

schmug
May 20, 2007

safety glasses, check

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

schmug posted:

safety glasses, check

Those eyes are pretty dead, probablly should check for shoes.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
holy poo poo it's mr squiggle

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

By the crest on his shirt, he apparently hosed up the "accio pencil" command.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

By the crest on his shirt, he apparently hosed up the "accio pencil" command.

So not a Ravenclaw, then.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

When I was a kid, I accidentally did something like this to another kid's arm when he ran into me while I was holding a pencil. They called my mom and worded it this way: I "stabbed another kid". So you can imagine the hell I caught for that until she understood what actually happened.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Imagined posted:

When I was a kid, I accidentally did something like this to another kid's arm when he ran into me while I was holding a pencil. They called my mom and worded it this way: I "stabbed another kid". So you can imagine the hell I caught for that until she understood what actually happened.

When I was in grade school, two kids ran into each other head-first on the soccer field. Unfortunately, one kid was a head taller than the other, so the taller kid lost a tooth and the shorter kid had said tooth embedded in his forehead with the root hanging out of it as he screamed holy hell.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Dillbag posted:

When I was in grade school, two kids ran into each other head-first on the soccer field. Unfortunately, one kid was a head taller than the other, so the taller kid lost a tooth and the shorter kid had said tooth embedded in his forehead with the root hanging out of it as he screamed holy hell.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

That triggered a suppressed memory of going out with family to the near by tide flats early one Halloween afternoon. When heading back to the car to leave my younger 9 year old brother was lagging behind. I noticed him trip and fall then stay on the ground for a bit holding his eye. I ran up to him and when he pulled his hand away there was blood.

When he fell, he went face first into some dry grass/reeds. One of the stalks went in to his eye. We rushed him to the ER. Thankfully it went between the eyeball and eye socket so it didn't puncture it. They had to clean out bits of debris and there was a slight abrasion but no serious damage. He spent the night home and we got him bags of candy to make up for it.

He was wearing glasses, too. The stalk just went in at the right angle.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

:golfclap:

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

If only this woman was as lucky as you guys regarding her eye

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/04/ryder-cup-spectator-struck-by-koepka-shot-says-blow-could-have-been-fatal-corine-remande-golf

“The doctor said immediately to my husband that it was a very big explosion in my eye and it was impossible for me now to see again with this eye. I don’t know how to live with only one eye. I like walking, sport, going to the gym and playing golf.”

Safety goggles and hardhats as PPEs for every spectators!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Just lol if your sunglasses aren't ansi z87.1+ rated

I'm not joking either, I've been very glad to have them on when I hit a bee or something in the face going downhill on my mountain bike.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Encrypted posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/04/ryder-cup-spectator-struck-by-koepka-shot-says-blow-could-have-been-fatal-corine-remande-golf

“The doctor said immediately to my husband that it was a very big explosion in my eye and it was impossible for me now to see again with this eye. I don’t know how to live with only one eye. I like walking, sport, going to the gym and playing golf.”

I think there's one question the article failed to adequately address:

did he play the ball where it lay?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Six rescue divers have drowned while trying to save a teenager from a disused mining pool in Malaysia.

They were searching for a 17-year-old boy who is thought to have fallen into the body of water while fishing with his friends on Wednesday.

Authorities said the divers became caught in a "whirlpool" and sudden strong currents caused some of their equipment to come off.

The search for the missing boy resumed on Thursday.

'A very sad day'
The boy and his friends were about to start fishing at the mining pool in Sepang district in Selangor state when he fell in, reports said.

The divers followed all safety procedures as they went into the pool on a search and rescue mission, according to Sepang district police chief Abdul Aziz Ali.

They were all wearing complete diving equipment and were tied to a single rope, he said.

Mr Aziz told state news agency Bernama that a strong current "caused all victims to spin in the water", adding that this caused their equipment to come off.

"A whirlpool had formed at the area and a team on the banks said they saw the six divers struggling to get out," Fire and Rescue Department director-general Mohammad Hamdan Wahid told the New Straits Times.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-45742061

Ugh, I'm having a hard time imagining just what the hell went on there that would cause 6 rescue divers to drown at once. Was there like a giant drain hole like they have in the dams?

Encrypted posted:

This sucks but she does know you can walk or go to the gym with only one eye, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Encrypted posted:

I guess she found out now that golf is just as lame watching it in person as on TV.