Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Can't believe they got the Flashy Flash and Speed of Sound Sonic fight out of the way this early, but it's really well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

That is not the new chapter of One Punch Man.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

El Jebus posted:

That is not the new chapter of One Punch Man.

Are you sure? Every manga looks the same to me.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Please do not recklessly link awesome chapters of ES21, I cannot help but read them and my boss will only understand so many times

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Please dont do this.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
God I forgot how much bullshit Agon is

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 1, 2018

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
It's really kind of hilarious how much more annoyed I get by some of the bullshit the antagonists in ES21 pull even compared to all-powerful world-destroying lovely villains in other anime series over the years.

Like, I was getting more annoyed by Shin toward the halfway mark than I was by any of the stupid eye magic in Naruto way back when. Not that I hated them, because they're still better characters in a better series than any of those other BS rear end-pulling never-failing villains where the stakes are considerably higher, but man have they been provoking some visceral irritation in me. A mark of my engagement, I suppose.

Oddly enough, I've felt virtually nothing during this last arc, other than mild irritation in that first anti-gravity interception from Taka, thus far. Curious, that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahaha you aren’t alone in that. I use to hate Shin. It’s like oh gently caress off that you finally caught up in speed. Bullshit that an LB gets that fast.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Ah, here we go. What I can only hope is the final arc, where the Japanese nationalism gets to really start :jerkbag: and the 'natural superiority of the black body' stuff literally resumes the page after Panther's face is revealed again. Sena-sized middle schooler that can body a seven foot tall Russian olympic weightlifting champion, sure :jerkbag: (can't even go for the hard work and guts stuff, given he's a literal brand new beginner to the game). Canada, the one country other than America with a professional football league, the one country that ACTUALLY has football teams in every highschool in the country (besides America, of course) gets beaten off-screen 63-0 to hype up Japan's love affair with Germany "the major powerhouse aside from America" :jerkbag:. Made-up country to look down on Japan and act like dicks :jerkbag:. Sure, okay.

It was a pretty good manga, I enjoyed reading most of it, and Murata's art was a delight, as always.

edit: Okay, I just got to the introduction of what I can only assume is the final major antagonist, and I just...I'm done. This is just loving stupid.

Aoi fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 2, 2018

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The final arc sucks and exists just for the fanservice of having all the top dogs from the series playing on the same team. I honestly remember nothing from it besides Triple Dragonfly. I didn't hate it cause I'm a sucker for fanservice like that, but I would never srgue that it's good. Finish the Christmas Bowl and skip to the final chapter and all is well.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually love Agon and Gaou.

Maybe I have terrible taste????

But I love Hiruma...

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gaou and Agon are cool but I wasn't really interested in Gaou fighting the only teenager bigger than him or Agon learning to potentially maybe become less of a shithead.

But the biggest issue is in this giant all star team none of my favourites got much screentime. They really couldn't give Marco more to do??? Kid really only gets a couple of appearances even though he is maybe the best quarterback in the series?? If you're going to do a bad fanservice arc to end the series it should at least cater entirely to me!!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I think the world cup is the weakest arc as well. I think everyone does. It's just... kinda exhausting at this point, not a lot of effort is put into the actual championship matches except for the final against America, Mr. Don is impressive in that he's seemingly all our antagonists poured into one shape, but... I dunno just at that point in the series we're kinda done with it. It's neat and interesting but it's just a chance to have Sena showdown with Panther again, and to show that, in spite of all his growth, he's still got a ways to go.

That said the final chapter of the series still really gets to me.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Oh look at that. All the dub episodes dropped on Hulu. I mean, of OPM not E21.

Might give those a go for a rewatch while waiting for the next season.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I don’t think anyone who says “skip the final arc” really understands what they’re asking from someone on their first read-through. It doesn’t take away from the glory of the previous arc, it’s basically a fun encore performance. I will defend it because it made Gaou go from one of my favorite characters to my favorite character. Your advice is better for people on their second readings.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

oh jay posted:

Oh look at that. All the dub episodes dropped on Hulu. I mean, of OPM not E21.

Might give those a go for a rewatch while waiting for the next season.

Did Netflix ever bother putting the dubs back up? They had the dub up for like a day when OPM first hit their service, but the audio was out of sync, so they took the dub down and every time I checked again, it wasn't available.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Hellsau posted:

Did Netflix ever bother putting the dubs back up? They had the dub up for like a day when OPM first hit their service, but the audio was out of sync, so they took the dub down and every time I checked again, it wasn't available.

I've seen it all dubbed on Netflix with no issues in audio desync so I assume they did. I'm in Sweden though so it might just be a region thing.

The Dub was really good. I liked it better than the not dub.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Man with Hat posted:

I've seen it all dubbed on Netflix with no issues in audio desync so I assume they did. I'm in Sweden though so it might just be a region thing.

The Dub was really good. I liked it better than the not dub.

Aside from Genos the dub was really well done. Genos was incredibly bad though.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Netflix in america didn't have the licensing rights for the dub, for some strange reason.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
BTW, Raws for new chapter are out.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Here, to be exact: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156636232178

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Murata worked Bowsette into his manga before Bowsette was even a thing

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Murata on the cutting edge of horniness.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
those six panels line up pretty well with that Vince McMahon gif

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Translation is out on mangadex - https://mangadex.org/chapter/459552

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Child Emperor, you're already an adult.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Well....almost.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Put that one right up with Choze for "designs that deserve to show up a second time but will never show up again". Murata is a great designer but I sometimes feel like he gives mooks too interesting a look. Like the ninjas were the right amount of cool, but something I wouldn't miss. That thousand arm monster from a couple chapters ago? That guy deserved better than dying off screen.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Bikini shrinking gas?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Bremen posted:

Bikini shrinking gas?

Child Emperor is truly a genius.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Bremen posted:

Bikini shrinking gas?

i'm calling NASA with this idea right now

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i just want to see things get onepunched is that so much to ask

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Brought To You By posted:

Put that one right up with Choze for "designs that deserve to show up a second time but will never show up again". Murata is a great designer but I sometimes feel like he gives mooks too interesting a look. Like the ninjas were the right amount of cool, but something I wouldn't miss. That thousand arm monster from a couple chapters ago? That guy deserved better than dying off screen.

It’s bowsette

E: i don’t know the timeline for manga publishing, but this is done online first, right? It’s not like Murata hasn’t redone stuff in a few days before and Bowsette blew up like two weeks ago

Fellis fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 6, 2018

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fellis posted:

It’s bowsette

E: i don’t know the timeline for manga publishing, but this is done online first, right? It’s not like Murata hasn’t redone stuff in a few days before and Bowsette blew up like two weeks ago

That's cool as well, but I still like the design and wish it wasn't most likely a one-off. It's a sad fate when good designs get put in the bin.

As for the timing, OPM is online first, and the last chapter was on the 22nd of last month. So plenty of time to have caught on to the Bowsette craze and put out a more original (meaning Nintendo can't say anything) interpretation of the meme.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Fellis posted:

It’s bowsette

It probably actually is inspired by Bowsette, nice catch

E: Fun fact, I'm pretty sure Murata deleted the tweet where he shared this sketch.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 6, 2018

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Not-Bowsette didn't explode into gore so she may show up again who knows.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

to be so horny
yet so good at drawing

murata lives on the finest line of them all.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Josuke Higashikata posted:

to be so horny
yet so good at drawing

murata lives on the finest line of them all.

Oh yeah :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Wise fwom you gwave, thread, for I bring a new testament of pretty pictures and runes.

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156636232181