Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

zjentohlauedy posted:

Are we talking about the same mournhold? Because it's always crowded as gently caress around the shrine...

Not compared to how it used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
ESO+ does include Morrowind now, but they only did that a year after release.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Sky Shadowing posted:

It is worth mentioning that, at least assuming you've been subbed from the game going B2P and the introduction of Crowns, its almost more economical to be subbed.

Even more so now, as I understand it they're going to start giving 1600-something crowns per month in... November? More than 1600 but less than 1700.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

JackBadass posted:

That's funny, I don't hear you laughing when I keep your rear end from dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

zjentohlauedy posted:

Are we talking about the same mournhold? Because it's always crowded as gently caress around the shrine...

Yeah, mournhold's layout is perfect for me and I park all 9 of my alts there pretty much permanently.

I even used +crowns to buy the apartment/room there for free teleporting back there from anywhere else to decon and sell poo poo.

Mournhold owns.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I think I'm gonna bail on this game. I feel like I missed the boat w/r/t popularity. Should I dump all my stuff into the Trading Guild Bank?

Apologies to the guys who helped me gear up at 160.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

What boat? It was never popular.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

robotsinmyhead posted:

I think I'm gonna bail on this game. I feel like I missed the boat w/r/t popularity. Should I dump all my stuff into the Trading Guild Bank?

Apologies to the guys who helped me gear up at 160.

I’m not sure what this means, but if the game isn’t clicking for you for whatever reason, then there’s no reason to force yourself to play it. If you’re enjoying it, but there’s some other kind of problem people can help with, please elaborate.

Chill Bros bank will accept your donation if you’re certain.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Coldforge posted:

I’m not sure what this means, but if the game isn’t clicking for you for whatever reason, then there’s no reason to force yourself to play it. If you’re enjoying it, but there’s some other kind of problem people can help with, please elaborate.

I guess I was hoping ESO would recapture some of the fun stuff about MMORPGs I liked long ago. It's more likely that I've moved past that. I guess it seems like so many people are in the late/endgame mindset in the game that there aren't a lot of people doing lower-end content (or they're just flying through it to level an alt, ie)

It's 100% possible that I could go join up some other guilds and get that experience, but :effort:

edit: popular was probably the wrong word.

robotsinmyhead fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 2, 2018

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What sorts of activities in general are you talking about? The group delves?

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

How is nightblade tank for vet dungeons? As much as I like healing, dungeon queue times as a healer are extremely lovely, even accounting for the group finder not working perfectly. Sometimes I can't even get pledges or randoms done. Has everyone moved onto some new summerset thing that I haven't dug into yet?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

robotsinmyhead posted:

I guess I was hoping ESO would recapture some of the fun stuff about MMORPGs I liked long ago. It's more likely that I've moved past that. I guess it seems like so many people are in the late/endgame mindset in the game that there aren't a lot of people doing lower-end content (or they're just flying through it to level an alt, ie)

It's 100% possible that I could go join up some other guilds and get that experience, but :effort:

I mostly just do poo poo by myself but I ended up joining 5 guilds and that at least keeps me entertained chatwise since I don’t usually have discord going. There’s all kinds of themed guilds, get one for trade, one for interior designers, and one for ERP.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

robotsinmyhead posted:

Most people experience the first-time-leveling story and quest content playing solo, which is probably why it's harder to find others in game to join you, if that's what you're looking for. I'm unsure how to help you, if that's the case, except suggest that you ask here and you might get lucky.

If you're wanting to do instanced (Undaunted) dungeons, there's frequently some people asking for others to join them in guild chat. If not, ask in guild chat. "Random normals" are usually open to any player, of any experience level, of any class, and can be a lot of fun.

Snowy posted:

I mostly just do poo poo by myself but I ended up joining 5 guilds and that at least keeps me entertained chatwise since I don’t usually have discord going. There’s all kinds of themed guilds, get one for trade, one for interior designers, and one for ERP.

This is really good advice. You have 5 guild slots you can use, and you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't use them. Goon guild is a fairly low-pop group.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 2, 2018

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

ndub posted:

How is nightblade tank for vet dungeons? As much as I like healing, dungeon queue times as a healer are extremely lovely, even accounting for the group finder not working perfectly. Sometimes I can't even get pledges or randoms done. Has everyone moved onto some new summerset thing that I haven't dug into yet?

I have no experience doing vet dungeons with a NB tank, sorry. Never progressed past normal dungeons before realizing it wasn't my style.

Edit: I guess that's not exactly true, I did tank vCoA2 on the NB with goons. It really didn't count, though, since Scy came in for DPS.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 2, 2018

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Is there any class that stands out as being unique in PvP? I see that Nightblade has a lot of stealth related skills that don't seem like they'd be terribly useful in PvE, but possibly very useful in PvP.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

ndub posted:

I've only done it once, Direfrost Keep. (Almost) nobody died! It doesn't count though because Coldforge came in for healing.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Reclaimer posted:

(Almost) nobody died!

That reminds me, I got a bitchin' addon that just tracks a list of who in my group dies and how often.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
That scarecrow polymorph is on sale for 2 more days and it is very awesome. Just in case someone missed it.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Snowy posted:

Oooh what's a good interior design guild?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I noticed they have reaper crates as check in rewards this month but the crown store is selling hollowjack items. Are the reaper items going to be purchasable later this season? That's the good stuff that I really want.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
It's what they did last month with the Wild Hunt crates, so I would assume so.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Every month they've been bringing back an old set of crates in the store, and putting their contents up for sale for crown gems as well. You can tell which set is coming back a little bit in advance because they show up in that daily rewards window at the start of the month.

So yeah, maybe it's not 100% guaranteed the reaper crates are coming back, but you can consider it like 99% guaranteed... It would be weird if they didn't, at this point. If you think about it, giving out free samples only makes sense from a business perspective if you're going to offer more for purchase...

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If anyone feels like pitching me an invite to the goon guild, I'm @chuggernaut3025

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Is the OP that up to date as far as what faction I should be playing with to play with goons?.

Played this game a bit at release and just came back to it and I would like to be a bow/dagger user and do some pvp and am not sure what the best faction/class for me would be overall.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Ebonheart is where all the cool dudes reside.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Yardbomb posted:

Weird way to spell Daggerfall, but ok.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Anything but AD and you're good.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Coldforge posted:

Anything but AD and you're good.

Alinor looks really nice though but the racism....

Yardbomb posted:

I agree. I even own a castle there and suck at decorating it.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

ndub posted:

I played a Nightblade tank for a while and loved it. Tanking vets was no problem. :coal:

The upcoming patch is gutting a lot of what made playing them fun though. Evasion is going away (which made this set fantastic for NB tanks running Mirage) and Path of Darkness is getting hosed around so that it will only heal or do damage (depending on morph), not both like the one morph currently does.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'd like to be in the good guild. UserID: @OhFunny

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

OhFunny posted:

I'd like to be in the good guild. UserID: @OhFunny

Who lied and told you that was an option?

(invited)

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I like this dumb game. I've had it for a few months, picking it up during some sale, and finally started it up a few days ago. It's the perfect 'have a few beers and run around bashing poo poo' game. I'm looking forward to playing dress up.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

finally got to summerset after playing through everything else and its pretty refreshing after clockwork city also im getting alot of lols out of the stuffy uptight high elves

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
WoWs newest expansion is pretty bleak and offers virtually nothing for me as a non-raider.
Was thinking of picking up FFXIV again but i kinda miss the action'y combat of GW2 and hear that ESO has similar combat.

I was wondering if someone could help me pick a class to play.
As i understand it the classes in ESO don't necessarily fit into the standard MMO stereotypes, so i would appreciate some help in picking a class

I like classes that:
-Are good soloers (through self heals and sustain, not big dps, while not necessarily in a heal spec) such as WoW 's Prot paladin and Demon Hunter, Rift's Justicar, Anarchy Online's Doctor and Adventurer, GW2's Druid and Necromancer
-By good soloers i mean being able to solo "elites" or other types of "big" enemies, maybe even doing group quests solo.
-I generally prefer melee DPS
-Casters in GW2 are fun, particularly the elementalist, due to the instant cast nature of spells in that game
-I cannot stand "turret" DPS casters, e.g. most of the ranged DPS in WoW
-For group content i prefer to play healers, tanks, dps, in that order.
-Not very big on crowd control support classes, e.g. Enchanter from EQ

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Every single bullet point you said screams play a Magicka Templar.

Holy moly yes.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider
Definitely Magicka Templar. They have all you want and more. If you want to double down on healing, pick Argonian.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Not only are argonians fantastic healers they are the coolest thing ever.

In this game at level 15 you unlock the ability to equip a second weapon which essentially becomes another 6 slots for your abilities. for Magicka Templar I recommend using a lightning or Inferno staff on your front bar and then when you hit Level 15 use a restoration staff on your back bar so that by the time you hit max level both of them have leveled up to the point where you could either fully DPS or fully heal and any combination of the two.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
two buses at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheForgotton
Jun 10, 2001

I'm making a career of evil.
Is there a goon guild for the Xbox NA server? My userID is TungstenClad.