Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
If mexico is missing that is some bullshit right there. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

They have shown poker before. 2:22 in the first gameplay trailer.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

DogonCrook posted:

If mexico is missing that is some bullshit right there. gently caress.

It does seem odd that the one place the gang on the run won't go to is Mexico.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Pivit posted:

They have shown poker before. 2:22 in the first gameplay trailer.

more importantly those are 75 stacks

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

LostRook posted:

Theyve still to show any more detail of that mysterious desert setting from the first gameplay trailer, so who knows.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
There's also one scene in the second trailer with what looks like a mexican gang gunning down a man in a doorway. Be fairly strange if you had a mexican gang trapsing around the plains.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LostRook posted:

I'm sure they would, but also the border was a lot more porous back then so running down to Mexico wasn't the nearly guaranteed escape that it is now. Bounty hunters wouldn't exactly have to smuggle their guns through customs.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm sure they would, but also the border was a lot more porous back then so running down to Mexico wasn't the nearly guaranteed escape that it is now. Bounty hunters wouldn't exactly have to smuggle their guns through customs.

Yeah they only started enforcing the border near me (Vancouver) because so many Americans were going north for the Yukon gold rush (1896 or so) and Canada was afraid it was going to lose control of the west coast due to being heavily outnumbered in their own territory.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Thief posted:

more importantly those are 75 stacks

Can't have players making money without working a day job in game.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MonkeyLibFront posted:

There's also one scene in the second trailer with what looks like a mexican gang gunning down a man in a doorway. Be fairly strange if you had a mexican gang trapsing around the plains.
That and some of the shots they used for the cinematic horseriding camera looked like Mexico from RDR

Interesting to already seeing takes that the game is too big, but that seems like a common criticism with the open world genre right now.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 2, 2018

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

achillesforever6 posted:

Interesting to already seeing takes that the game is too big, but that seems like a common criticism with the open world genre right now.

Big isn't a problem so much as sparse. Witcher 3 and its DLC have you traversing a continent on horseback, but it's not a slog because the world is dense with hidden stuff, mini quests, and cool environments. Seems like Rockstar was well aware that they couldn't just make Red Dead again, for all its strengths, and have made this a quasi-RPG.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I feel like I'm going to let Arthur get fat as gently caress and grow a huge dumb beard as my first order of business.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I feel like I'm going to let Arthur get fat as gently caress and grow a huge dumb beard as my first order of business.

turning him into you?

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
r/reddeadredemption (again, Im sorry) are getting excited about the possibility that RDR2 contains the entire RDR map (although the quote doesnt mention Mexico e: I am dumb, quote clearly says entire) within it:

quote:

This week a Dutch gaming journalist of insidegamer.nl/ got the chance to play Red Dead Redemption 2 for an entire day, and posted a Q&A article about it, in Dutch: http://www.insidegamer.nl/artikel/q-n-a-special-jouw-vragen-beantwoord-na-een-dag-red-redemption-2/. One of the questions asked (by me ;)) was the one burning on everyone's mind: is (part of) the map of Red Dead Redemption included in Red Dead Redemption 2?
The answer from a Rockstar rep: yes, it is.

Translation:

quote:

Q: Are Armadillo and New Austin in the game?
A: Yup! After asking Rockstar they told me the entire (!) map of Red Dead Redemption is also in this game, but that of course there are many more areas added. In the six hours I played I only got to see a small part of Blackwater, and even that was already gigantic. Six hours was not enough to see any of the other familiar places.

Take this with the requisite mountain of salt, but potentially interesting.

As long as previous thread favourite Herbert Moon makes an appearance, Im happy.

Cultural Marxist fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 2, 2018

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Cultural Marxist posted:

As long as previous thread favourite Herbert Moon makes an appearance, Im happy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9khng8/herbert_moon_younger_version_confirmed/

Take it for what you will

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Cultural Marxist posted:

Take this with the requisite mountain of salt, but potentially interesting.

What I take from that is that it's pretty much an all new map with names of different places from the first map. If the entire first map had been included 1:1 then if he was in any part of Blackwater it wouldn't have taken him 6 hours to trot over to any other part of it.

davebo fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 2, 2018

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

It appears that a number of other publications got longer playthroughs as well, and some of the articles are spoiler heavy. Be aware, if that's a thing you care about.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah Ive seen one on IGN that youll want to avoid if you dont want spoilers about the beginning of the game.

They arent massive, major spoilers or anything, at least not in that article, but if you want to go into the game relatively blind, avoid it. Its the one called RDR2s First Four Hours for reference.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Mycroft Holmes posted:

turning him into you?

:kiss:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

THe writing looks a lot better than GTAV's so I'm starting to get hopeful. Are there any videos out there showing UI, menus, fast travel and other quality of life stuff? Cause that's the only big issue with GTAV I haven't seen evidence of being fixed in this.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

A Sometimes Food posted:

THe writing looks a lot better than GTAV's so I'm starting to get hopeful. Are there any videos out there showing UI, menus, fast travel and other quality of life stuff? Cause that's the only big issue with GTAV I haven't seen evidence of being fixed in this.

It's been stated they used a thousand extras for NPC's dialogue, all the gameplay videos show the interaction UI but nothing menu driven, but from what I've read it's very hands on much like LA Noire when examining evidence, fast travels done from your main camp or personal camp much like RDR.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

MonkeyLibFront posted:

It's been stated they used a thousand extras for NPC's dialogue, all the gameplay videos show the interaction UI but nothing menu driven, but from what I've read it's very hands on much like LA Noire when examining evidence, fast travels done from your main camp or personal camp much like RDR.

There's also a sort of "slow fast travel" they described that has me very excited: set a waypoint, and you can turn on the cinematic camera and just hold a button and your horse will path along the roads and trails to your destination as you watch the scenery all movie-esque.

It's something I wish GTA5 had, outside of the taxi system.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

MonkeyLibFront posted:

if they're basically implementing what they've learned from all their best games and not just making this gta with horses it will be a contender for goty

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It does seem to be more of a cowboy RPG than GTH

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Heres a preview I enjoyed that goes out of its way to be [e: relatively] free of early game spoilers. All the guy wants to do is get some fishing done. Needless to say, shenanigans happen.

Red Bull RDR2 Preview

A couple of things stood out to me; some of the waterways sound like they can be pretty busy with canoes and paddle steamers (which Im hoping you can board) and that your horse can swim, but if it runs out of stamina it drowns.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
"read dead redemption 2 is full of things to do!"

*cuts to two dudes pumping a handcar*

:wink:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Cultural Marxist posted:

your horse can swim, but if it runs out of stamina it drowns.

at which point you call up lester to source another one

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
hope they keep whoever's responsible for gta online very far away from rdr2 online tbh.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Well you might be in luck because that was Benzies' baby.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Cultural Marxist posted:

Heres a preview I enjoyed that goes out of its way to be [e: relatively] free of early game spoilers. All the guy wants to do is get some fishing done. Needless to say, shenanigans happen.

Red Bull RDR2 Preview

A couple of things stood out to me; some of the waterways sound like they can be pretty busy with canoes and paddle steamers (which Im hoping you can board) and that your horse can swim, but if it runs out of stamina it drowns.

This is by far the best preview I've read.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

it's gonna be hosed up if there is a Bone Tomahawk reference in this game

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Thief posted:

Spooky side mission/Weird West DLC please.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Tercio posted:

This is by far the best preview I've read.

And its from Red Bull of all people, gaming journalism is truly dead.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Thief posted:

I think we at least get the bone tomahawk that was put into gta online as a promo

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Cultural Marxist posted:

Red Bull RDR2 Preview

Red Dead Redemption 2: Obviously I stabbed the deputy.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Ice Fist posted:

Red Dead Redemption 2: Obviously I stabbed the deputy.

Or maybe?

Red Dead Redemption 2: I shot the Sheriff, obviously I stabbed the deputy

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Cultural Marxist posted:

Or maybe?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I can't wait for RDR2 Online so I can make Jim West, Desperado, Rough Rider

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Cultural Marxist posted:

For sure though it may not be spooky enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Either way that line made me laugh. "So I was holding up this store keep and a deputy came in and well... obviously I stabbed him"