Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Those loss edits, etc.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ahh the good ol' Itanium Curve

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

ate all the Oreos posted:

Ahh the good ol' Itanium Curve

I would have also accepted disco sales projection.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
People that screenshot things with some lovely "night light" feature turned on should be banned from the internet.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Lambert posted:

People that screenshot things with some lovely "night light" feature turned on should be banned from the internet.

that is an incredibly specific thing to bunch your knickers around

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

madmatt112 posted:

that is an incredibly specific thing to bunch your knickers around

I'm really mad about it, though.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBALPi2AOsw&t=31s

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
a 96 year old guy spending a fortune to cling to life a little bit longer...

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

He named the Higgs Boson the "Goddamn Particle" and some publisher censored it to God Particle and attributed it to him and he was bitter about it to his dying breath

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

got any sevens posted:

a 96 year old guy spending a fortune to cling to life a little bit longer...

tell me you wouldnt do the exact same thing in his place

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

babypolis posted:

tell me you wouldnt do the exact same thing in his place
I'd spend it trying to make everyone else's slightly shorter

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

I'd spend it trying to make everyone else's slightly shorter

I would also throw a huge party

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

How the gently caress are people this bad at forecasting, every single time? If you keep noticing you make the same sorts of errors over and over, maybe you should correct for those errors? :thunk:

Nah j/k the forecasters get paid more by predicting unrealistic outcomes.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I’d start a webcam where I pretend to be Barack Obama and jam that Nobel up my rear end for patreon subscribers

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Filthy Hans posted:

He named the Higgs Boson the "Goddamn Particle" and some publisher censored it to God Particle and attributed it to him and he was bitter about it to his dying breath

dang he must have been one of those rad nerds

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

How the gently caress are people this bad at forecasting, every single time? If you keep noticing you make the same sorts of errors over and over, maybe you should correct for those errors? :thunk:

At my last job the owner of the company wanted some dumb live-updating charts to be displayed on this TV he had mounted in the office. So I threw together a thing to his specifications, but he insisted they must be wrong because they showed a bunch of metrics about sales and customer contacts and stuff trending downward instead of upward, and they must be going upward because he's sure they are, so I should go back and make sure I'm aggregating the data right, fix my code, whatever. So I went back to my desk, double-checked that I was in fact doing everything correctly, and finally just reversed the order of the data without reversing the X-axis labels so suddenly everything was doing great :downs:

He never noticed.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I told my immediate boss that's what I did and that I was gonna change it back eventually once the guy stopped paying as much attention, and my boss thought it was very funny and that I should just leave it, so it remained that way for like a year and a half until I left the company for my current job, and who knows it might still be running :allears:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Jon Joe posted:

Those forecasters are exactly the people you want to pitch a pyramid scheme to, everything's going to the moon!

The moon!!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

At my last job the owner of the company wanted some dumb live-updating charts to be displayed on this TV he had mounted in the office. So I threw together a thing to his specifications, but he insisted they must be wrong because they showed a bunch of metrics about sales and customer contacts and stuff trending downward instead of upward, and they must be going upward because he's sure they are, so I should go back and make sure I'm aggregating the data right, fix my code, whatever. So I went back to my desk, double-checked that I was in fact doing everything correctly, and finally just reversed the order of the data without reversing the X-axis labels so suddenly everything was doing great :downs:

He never noticed.

I told my immediate boss that's what I did and that I was gonna change it back eventually once the guy stopped paying as much attention, and my boss thought it was very funny and that I should just leave it, so it remained that way for like a year and a half until I left the company for my current job, and who knows it might still be running :allears:

How is the company not underwater already?

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Jon Joe posted:

The little dip they always add halfway through is the best part. Its that perfect Geroge Costanza type of lie.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

pushpins posted:

The little dip they always add halfway through is the best part. Its that perfect Geroge Costanza type of lie.

The ultimate gotcha, at least imo, are the people who will look at the difference between the prediction and reality and ask, "hmmm, what went wrong in reality?"

feller
Jul 5, 2006

pushpins posted:

it's the obummer dip

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

surely they'll work harder in jail :thunk:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

What's the context of this?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SoR Blaze posted:

What's the context of this?

they're striking today

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

specifically some of the strikers blocked traffic and got arrested for inconveniencing someones commute

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Empire Strikes Back

Those uniforms are dystopian as gently caress.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

The Empire Strikes Back

Those uniforms are dystopian as gently caress.

I have no idea what you could be talking about!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Taintrunner posted:

*desire to know more intensifies*

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Moridin920 posted:

*desire to know more intensifies*

McDonalds is an evil company and every single employee above general manager needs to be lined up against a wall and gunned down like the horrible pigs they are.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

McDonalds is an evil company and every single employee above general manager needs to be lined up against a wall and gunned down like the horrible pigs they are.

Eat the rich, try the new McManager burger today!

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Taintrunner posted:

they're just cosplaying facists for the fashion

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

How many years before I'm getting my mcdoubles handed to me by imperial navy officers?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Crazypoops posted:

How many years before I'm getting my mcdoubles handed to me by imperial navy officers?

Now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

StashAugustine posted:

specifically some of the strikers blocked traffic and got arrested for inconveniencing someones commute

several people were unable to get to their office cubicle to watch unboxing videos all day