Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wuxi posted:

Alright, put me down for 3.83mil

I'll put you down for nothing. You smell and your friends hate you.

(gotta love the English language).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AutismVaccine posted:

i feel grief with my 1.84m

I am 1.72m tall. So I am clearly pretty much in the metric sky I think.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Agony Aunt posted:

I raped him, but its ok, i absolved myself.

:chloe:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

drunk posting detected?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

big nipples big life posted:

I am 15 penises tall.

Important question are these hard or soft? And is this also your suck-quotient?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hav posted:

Again, the same for the cheese steak. I was saying to my wife; "This is a lovely cheese-steak, but it needs more rape and not to be wrapped in foil". Because it makes it soggy and wet, and if there's something I hate in a non-consensual sandwich, it's wet bread.

This was funnier than it had any right to be. I liked it and laughed. :)

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Titanic posted:

I'm leaving it up to the imagination. You can be any penis you want in the 'verse.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

This was funnier than it had any right to be. I liked it and laughed. :)

Honestly, I did have a really good think before pressing enter, but I thought gently caress it. Everyone hates wet bread.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

non-consensual sandwich is what got me

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cant wait to become subdued and then traded on the black market to the 4th Stimpire

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9lfehc/cig_has_done_so_many_great_things/

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They haven't created any of that poo poo

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

History Comes Inside! posted:

They haven't created any of that poo poo

But they made videos saying they did!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Here, you can place these yourselves;

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Just scatter them around liberally.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Daztek posted:

quote:

They managed to make the simple landing of a spaceship a impressing thing to behold

It's all true! Repent doubters!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KgvkQSENIM

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

non-consensual sandwich is what got me

When you think about it all meat is non-consensual

Except those sentient cows in hitchhiker's

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
You know, what does "subsumption" even mean?

I get that its CIG's "magic AI" buzzword but.. what is it supposed to even represent?

Twyst
Mar 5, 2005
:O

I'm leaving it up to the imagination. You can be any penis you want in the 'verse.

Actually there are only glorious erect penises in the 'verse, none of that soyboy soft poo poo. Just massive magnificent members. The biggest ever.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

I get that its CIG's "magic AI" buzzword but.. what is it supposed to even represent?

dreams

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

That being said, none of the backers I've spoken to would admit these things in public, OF COURSE, tee-hee, but that's just one of those things you have to live with on the internet :wink:

I totally know where messages are that prove that derek smart and every goon have doxxed all of the citizens dozens of times and you can find them too but im not going to tell you what to search for or link them cause then i'll get banned.

(I was told this almost exactly once by a redditor (but not about SC))

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

When you think about it all meat is non-consensual

What about lizard tails?

And what about male Anglerfish?

(and the goats that play dead...I can only assume they expect some kind of collateral eating/bbq damage....)

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Subsumption was an AI technique in the 70s where lower order systems were able to subsume control of the entitiy in question to perform specific tasks. For instance if you had a high order AI that was trying to deliver a package, and then someone tried to kick it over, the "I'm falling" system could take over, correct itself from falling, then release control back to the "i'm delivering" system.

What in the world this has to do with ai behavior in Star Citizen is anyone's guess.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

it's a big word that makes the backers vomit cash at chris roberts

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It sounds futuristic and cool

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hey uhhhh please pay attention to where the line is between making fun of insane star citizen guys who talk about nothing but rape and actually being insane star citizen guys who talk about nothing but rape

tia

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:thunk:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Beet Goblin posted:

Hey uhhhh please pay attention to where the line is between making fun of insane star citizen guys who talk about nothing but rape and actually being insane star citizen guys who talk about nothing but rape

tia

You said "rape" twice.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Wise Learned Man posted:

You said "rape" twice.

There is a Blazing Saddles quote.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

The Titanic posted:

please explain suck-quotient. is this about star citizen again?

Twyst posted:

Actually there are only glorious erect penises in the 'verse, none of that soyboy soft poo poo. Just massive magnificent members. The biggest ever.

He said, in a decidedly not homoerotic manner.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wise Learned Man posted:

You said "rape" twice.

The radio said "No, John. You are the demons"

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Lord Stimperor posted:

please explain suck-quotient. is this about star citizen again?

He said, in a decidedly not homoerotic manner.

A while ago an SC poster qualified himself to make comments on certain things because they too had sucked a lot of dicks. Hence, SC adopted the dick sucked quotient ( actually we applied it to them for shits and giggles). All priority is given to those with the highest rating in dick suckage.

Hopefully, someone will dig up the original post.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

My memory may be a bit fuzzy but i don't think that kazan based his qualifications on sucking a whole buncha dicks.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Well it's nice that one of the loser community managers stated that AtV is coming "soon".

What a loving farce.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, the closest I got was this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsumption_architecture

I can see that it's related in that it's "about AI" but I have serious doubts that the AI that CIG is implementing is in any way based on this kind of architecture.
The closest I've got is the in-development game/playground Grandroids (Steve Grand). Which I would say still goes rather beyond this subsumption architecture. It's also been in development as long as Star Citizen so that's something.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Morphix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBVBdohjwYM&t=138s

hahaha everything working great, if only the original halo had such fidelitious vehicle physics

I legit watched this video without context and I assumed it was a "bug test video" where they all laughed at how broken everything is.

Then it was just a gameplay highlight video all of a sudden and it took me a moment to adjust. I really need to watch more SC videos to understand how good Star Citizen is don't I?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

tuo posted:

What about lizard tails?

And what about male Anglerfish?

(and the goats that play dead...I can only assume they expect some kind of collateral eating/bbq damage....)

Non-fatal still doesn't mean consensual. :cheeky:

SoftNum posted:

Subsumption was an AI technique in the 70s where lower order systems were able to subsume control of the entitiy in question to perform specific tasks. For instance if you had a high order AI that was trying to deliver a package, and then someone tried to kick it over, the "I'm falling" system could take over, correct itself from falling, then release control back to the "i'm delivering" system.

What in the world this has to do with ai behavior in Star Citizen is anyone's guess.

Lmao, that's about what I figured. So... yeah that means nothing.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

History Comes Inside! posted:

It sounds futuristic and cool

it sounds clumsy and lame

if they wanted cool and future they would of gone with neural-link-hyper-simulated ai or whatever, there is nothing futuristic or cool about star citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Fidelitious posted:

Yeah, the closest I got was this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsumption_architecture

I can see that it's related in that it's "about AI" but I have serious doubts that the AI that CIG is implementing is in any way based on this kind of architecture.
The closest I've got is the in-development game/playground Grandroids (Steve Grand). Which I would say still goes rather beyond this subsumption architecture. It's also been in development as long as Star Citizen so that's something.

It also seems like a really fiddly thing to base your game AI on, playtesting the way "subsumption" would interact in all the myriad possible scenarios will be basically impossible. It basically guarantees they'll have fallout style AI bugs in the final release.