Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mega Man isn’t too bad difficulty-wise once you get in the groove of them. They’re never really unfairly difficult imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Reality Pisser posted:

Is this a real new switch or just a switch xl I can safely ignore

It'll be a 14nm process Tegra x1 with a bigger screen, (due to shrinking the bezels) and longer battery life (from the die shrink) without Nintendo actually doing anything.
Maybe they'll be generous, and double the internal storage too.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 5, 2018

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Mega Man isn’t too bad difficulty-wise once you get in the groove of them. They’re never really unfairly difficult imo.

This. Once you kill your first robot master they get a lot easier. They absolutely feel like a brick wall until that though, even if you grew up with them.

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

SeANMcBAY posted:

A cheaper handheld only “Switch” makes more sense since 3DS will surely be dead by then and it’ll be just in time for the new core Pokémon but I really hope it’s a Switch Pro.

I still wouldn’t expect it to match a PS4 but it would be nice to get a little power jump.

I could see them selling the Switch revision without the dock to make the price tag more attractive as that's 1.) a good option for someone who anticipates using it exclusively in handheld and 2.) an easier way to sell a second Switch to a household that already has one, but I really doubt they're going to ditch the Switch's current form factor for whatever a "handheld only" version would entail -- The Switch is like... the only financially successful application of modular function in consumer electronics, it'd be silly to throw that away (I am totally ready and expecting to watch Nintendo throw away good things).

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

ItBreathes posted:

This. Once you kill your first robot master they get a lot easier. They absolutely feel like a brick wall until that though, even if you grew up with them.

To be fair, one of them is literally a brick wall. (Spoilers for a two-day-old game)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

psylent posted:

I grew up playing a C64, I don't have the same nostalgia for these old punishing NES style of game.

You uh, must not have played many C64 games because most of them were vastly ruder than Mega Man.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Final boss of 2 is totally bullshit.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Midjack posted:

Final boss of 2 is totally bullshit.

2 does have some of the most bullshit. I still love it but I’m surprised it’s the most fondly looked on of the series.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
2 is pretty fair except for boobeam trap.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Octopath is really scratchin some chrono trigger itches for me and i love it so far

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They.....they don’t play in any similar manner

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chrono trigger does have a lot of character based story I guess

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Reality Pisser posted:

2 is pretty fair except for boobeam trap.

The boss that’s just those lasers on the walls is kinda meh since you only have enough crash bombs to not gently caress up once. It’s fine though once you know.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can actually make it out with one to spare if you really ace it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

mega man 1 is a bad video game that sucks

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Yeah there's one spot you can blow two crash walls with one bomb.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

The boss that’s just those lasers on the walls is kinda meh since you only have enough crash bombs to not gently caress up once. It’s fine though once you know.

That's terrible design

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega Man 1 is great.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I got my tracking number from Nintendo, should be receiving my prize package tomorrow from UPS! :D

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The SN30 is a loving pro buy for a controller

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

You uh, must not have played many C64 games because most of them were vastly ruder than Mega Man.

Dunno. The games I remember playing was stuff like Zac McKracken, IK+, Bubble Bobble, Defender of the Crown, Sim City, Elite, Microprose Soccer, Giana Sisters, Leader Board, California/Summer/Winter/World Games, Skate or Die, Test Drive, Barbarian etc. I remember Wonderboy being pretty tough though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's terrible design

It is. I won’t defend that. 2 has more cheap stuff than 1 I think.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

voltcatfish posted:

mega man 1 is a bad video game that sucks

Sounds like someone couldn't get past the tracked platforms on Gutsman's stage.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Two Beans posted:

Sounds like someone couldn't get past the tracked platforms on Gutsman's stage.

Actually it took me six tries last night but I did :v:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

voltcatfish posted:

Actually it took me six tries last night but I did :v:

:toot:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

ItBreathes posted:

I have no idea why they did this. The first boss you are supposed to fight is the worst boss with the worst level. Even worse, that’s the level they chose for the demo. The rest of the game is so much better that it’s feels like one team did the whole game, and one team did Block Man and his level.

Bounce man’s stage was one of the coolest Mega Man stages I’ve ever played.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You can fight any boss first. There's no obvious first one. Acid Man's probably got the most useful weapon for playing defensively.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Fremry posted:

I have no idea why they did this. The first boss you are supposed to fight is the worst boss with the worst level. Even worse, that’s the level they chose for the demo. The rest of the game is so much better that it’s feels like one team did the whole game, and one team did Block Man and his level.

I haven't actually played the new one yet, it's just true for every MegaMan ever.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

There is no first boss in Mega Man games. I'm confused.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

There are eight first bosses in every Mega Man and seven wrong choices.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003

If you don't start Mega Man 2 with Metal Man what are you even doing with your life?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

alf_pogs posted:

Octopath is really scratchin some chrono trigger itches for me and i love it so far

It’s a JRPG so that itch must be crabs

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

If you don't start Mega Man 2 with Metal Man what are you even doing with your life?

Going after Flashman.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fremry posted:

What do you mean by "the first boss you are supposed to fight"? It's a mega Man game, you can pick whatever boss you want first. I started with Tundra Man, died in the level, then went to Bounce man, who I beat, then to Voltage/Shock/Jolt man whatever the gently caress his name is.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003

Fair enough, I don't think I've ever managed to beat QuickMan before FlashMan in the like 25 years I've been playing that drat game. I have no goddamn idea how people even get past the lasers without it.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Diabetic posted:

I got my tracking number from Nintendo, should be receiving my prize package tomorrow from UPS! :D

They are processing mine.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Fair enough, I don't think I've ever managed to beat QuickMan before FlashMan in the like 25 years I've been playing that drat game. I have no goddamn idea how people even get past the lasers without it.

Flashman is also a chump that you can beat easily with just the buster, but he's my favorite robot master in the game and has a cool looking stage.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How are you using flashman on him if you wasted it on the lasers

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Because I want a challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LEGEND OF LEGAIA HD REMAKE WHEN