Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

probably not but it doesn't matter. if the reticle is anywhere near them its a crit

https://i.imgur.com/tflChDO.gifv

it requires zero effort

Check your XIM-Privilege bitch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lmao

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

qbert posted:

- Transmat effects added to Collections

:catstare:

It would be nice if Legendary dismantled into random blues so you can still roll the dice with Amanda. I want the Forsaken ones real bad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What's the quickest way to build up light after 500? I'm at 513 now but it feels like I'm barely progressing at all now. I've been doing crucible, strikes, gambit and campaign stuff (finished Forsaken last night). Although I got to The Dreaming City and stuff here recommends a power level of 520 or more.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

:catstare:

It would be nice if Legendary dismantled into random blues so you can still roll the dice with Amanda. I want the Forsaken ones real bad.

Unlock your ornaments lmao

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What's the quickest way to build up light after 500? I'm at 513 now but it feels like I'm barely progressing at all now. I've been doing crucible, strikes, gambit and campaign stuff (finished Forsaken last night). Although I got to The Dreaming City and stuff here recommends a power level of 520 or more.

Dreaming City and Spider's last bounty will be tough at that light level. You can probably do Petra's 8 daily bounties quest, but some of the activities will be way over your light level.

Just make sure you are getting all the powerful rewards you can from the director screen.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 5, 2018

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I unlocked all the Ghost projections, man, I'm spent.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just do your milestones till you don't get one shot by stuff in the dreaming city then do that too.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

I unlocked all the Ghost projections, man, I'm spent.

wait, those arent consumable?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

the good fax machine posted:

wait, those arent consumable?

No, infinite use.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/F1zyupI.gifv

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm reasonably certain that the Ace of Spades precision handcannon kills in the crucible is bugged because literally every kill I've gotten with the Ikelos handcannon has counted and I've been hitting a whole lot of limbs. I'm at 15/25 in two games with it.

Also holy poo poo hazard of the cast is good I want it

Also also I am seemingly the only person without main ingredient and worldline which sucks a lot for this

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 5, 2018

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol I just played a crucible match and not only was it classic solo queue unbalanced bullshit where all the good players are on one team save me, also it didn't count for the milestone or weekly matches, probably because it's that new terrible trials of the nineish map. Lol bungie.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh boy now theres a treasure hunt and I'm pretty sure the only map is in a golden age website I definitely won't use

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/3BE94vY.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

titans are very flexible

https://i.imgur.com/eTui3wd.gifv

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Lol but also god no.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lmao wins in crucible count for wins in gambit for malfeasance

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Trump had tp on his shoe lmao I'm gonna drimk and play destiny until we all die in nuclear hellfire rip

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm reasonably certain that the Ace of Spades precision handcannon kills in the crucible is bugged because literally every kill I've gotten with the Ikelos handcannon has counted and I've been hitting a whole lot of limbs. I'm at 15/25 in two games with it.

Use crimson. That just spews bullets at your opponent. Law of averages says you should get a headshot eventually.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Got hazard if the coast. Weirdly it feels like a weapon I am confident to use in pvp, but in pve seems short (but i have a god roller ether doctor so nothing compare). Gambit weapons, good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tei posted:

Got hazard if the coast. Weirdly it feels like a weapon I am confident to use in pvp, but in pve seems short (but i have a god roller ether doctor so nothing compare). Gambit weapons, good.
Ether Doctor is the single greatest rifle I've found in the game thus far. It just blows the competition away. I don't think I've upgraded the tiers on any other weapons, but I made that bitch a tier 9.

Like, step aside Sweet Business.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hitchensgoespop posted:

Use crimson. That just spews bullets at your opponent. Law of averages says you should get a headshot eventually.

I tried at first but it seems like everything in the universe kills faster than Crimson. It's way easier with Ikelos (and you'll always outshoot enemy players using Crimson trying for it too!). In any case it was the quickest and easy step so far and I say that being a miserable shot :v:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

CheeseFactory posted:

This is my favorite gun in the game.

Also has Ricochet rounds and Farpoint scope. Has 98 recoil direction and good in air accuracy by default.

Such a great gun.

I have this with 4 less range but Under Pressure instead of Outlaw.

Put it this way. I was cackling last night in crucru because it deletes shotgun men.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
2 raids:

4 chatterbone
2 rocket launcher
2 bow
2 leg
2 helmet

Show me the motherfucker who thought it would be cool to have 0 limits on the RNG

3 chatterbone in ONE RAID

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's October maybe Bungie is helping you with your halloween decorations.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Finally got three exotics yesterday, BUT they where saint-14's helmet, DARCI and a sparrow. Who thought it was a good idea to dilute the pool even further with cosmetics?

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Ether Doctor is the single greatest rifle I've found in the game thus far. It just blows the competition away. I don't think I've upgraded the tiers on any other weapons, but I made that bitch a tier 9.

Like, step aside Sweet Business.

I liked ether doctor enough to masterwork it, but Cerberus+1 changed my mind. I want to fire more bullets! MORE.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

2 raids:

4 chatterbone
2 rocket launcher
2 bow
2 leg
2 helmet

Show me the motherfucker who thought it would be cool to have 0 limits on the RNG

3 chatterbone in ONE RAID

i brought 2 ethereal keys to Riven and got two curated chatterbones from two separate chests lol

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Legs Benedict posted:

i brought 2 ethereal keys to Riven and got two curated chatterbones from two separate chests lol

Where do you get the keys

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Where do you get the keys

The make a wish foundation

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

RBA Starblade posted:

The make a wish foundation

Didn't know he had the big C. Goondolences

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This lore tab owns btw

quote:

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/thank-you

Verse 154i:4—Call the Thrall

From a random crypt, Savathûn selected a young Thrall and summoned it into the High Coven. It came hesitantly, fearing death, but nonetheless it came.

"Come, come," snapped Savathûn. "Listen as I reveal unto you my design. You are aware that gravity is the curvature of spacetime, and where gravity is powerful, time itself slows."

The Thrall indicated that it understood, more or less, for it was a singer of prayers and not well fed with the fruit of the knowledge of physics.

"Now I have tried to put an Ascendant in orbit of a black hole while its spawn gather the tribute of an eon. But the worm is not satisfied, for it sees the trick. What I must do is amplify the speed at which tribute is gathered. A pocket world where time passes quickly would do well. Or a world where time is a torus and infinite violence might be gathered. With such a murder battery, I could become a being of supreme insight."

The Thrall indicated it was confused, but not lost.

"With this tribute, I shall undertake a mighty work. A real humdinger of a scheme. I'm going to refinance my entire existence. I'm going to move from an existential economy based on the accumulation of violence to an existential economy based on the accumulation of secrets and the tribute of failing-to-understand-me. I shall name this tribute of failing-to-understand IMBARU, for it shall be as formless as the mist."

The Thrall held up its claws, as if to say, please slow down.

Now spoke Savathûn Scheme-mother, "In the beginning, Yul said to me, 'Savathûn, you may never abandon cunning. If you do, your worm shall devour you.' Cunning is the use of thought to predict the function of a system. Therefore, wherever a being should attempt to understand me and fail—has my cunning not defeated theirs? Wherever a falsehood is repeated about me, have I not displayed cunning? I shall gather tribute from every false prediction, misguided theory, fearful rumor, and ominous supposition which derives from the thought of me. And in time, I shall pin my quiddity upon these rumors. I shall discorporate, so that I exist wherever my schemes and conspiracies also exist. And so I will be immortal, as long as anyone seeks to understand me and fails. Do you see?"

The Thrall demurred, saying that it did not know much of metaphysics.

"Good," said Savathûn. "It's a law of the High Coven that one's sinister plan should be incomprehensible to a Thrall. Do you know why we've come here? If I am to take my tribute from the keeping of secrets… where else are secrets better kept than beneath the event horizon? My brother ruled the flat space of infinity, but I prefer these tide-washed depths… and in time, I shall make them my dominion."

Ur the Ever-Hunger heard this and was pleased.

Verse 154i:5—The Encrypted Verse

Do you know that nothing in all the cosmos has read this verse?

I encrypted it eons ago, and ever since, it has gone undeciphered. At the moment you laid eyes upon it, I captured the entwined quantum state of the verse, your mind, and your Ghost. Then I used Quria to transmit that state back in time to the moment of encryption. You are your own one-time pad. The key to the lock of understanding.

Who am I?

Call me Coyote. Call me mantis, serpent, Cagn, Anansi, call me Sri-cleans-his-brother's-stomach. Call me the grandmaster of semiosis, the jeweler's hammer which gilds the signal, a purposeful mob none of whose members know its purpose, the infinite regress of enigmas, a self-questioning answer, the word not spoken, black ice, cataract of mimes, the ache and fever of overthought while bedridden with illness, the intolerable thorn of frustrated inquisition, gray regret at the end of a fruitless day, the thing which is unlike your beloved but arbitrarily recalls your beloved to agonizing effect, architrave of the no-window, needle driven in flush with skin so that desperate fingers cannot pull it out, sweet petal, unmemorable, crystal death, the provably improvable.

I know your people well, and so I know all your names for me. But what is your name? I am, of course, especially interested in you. You saw me in the stone laid on your plotting table, and in the shining eyes of the admiral at her dying helm. You hunted me between the lines of your texts. Wherever there was space to fit me in, there you found me. You created me and gave me a part of your thoughts, and in presenting those thoughts to others round the campfires and networks of your little world, you expanded that space.

Here at the center, I lie to you the truth. You have everything you need to know it, but I will give you a clue, as the duelist gives warning before she draws. The answer you seek to the Dreaming City is simple, not complex.

Thank you, sweet friend. You are a gift and a delight. You are more dear than my mother, for you have given birth to me a thousand times.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Ben, that you?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Any flabby xbox goons free for a raid tonight? 9pm GMT.

Need 2 to listen to me get really drunk and wipe repeatedly.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

So savathun is literally powered by incorrect speculation, got it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just like that the thrall is just shrugging and going "what's happening right now" and "what the gently caress are you talking about".

I feel a little bad about murdering all of them now

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Rubellavator posted:

So savathun is literally powered by incorrect speculation, got it.

I wonder if Reddit exists in Destiny. If so, Savathun could harness it to become fuckin' turbo-hyper-invincible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

IronSaber posted:

I wonder if Reddit exists in Destiny. If so, Savathun could harness it to become fuckin' turbo-hyper-invincible.

Reddit is the distributary