Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh man I can't wait to do some jigsaws of random Japanese women on my Nintendo Switch home and portable console

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Shoehead posted:

Oh man I can't wait to do some jigsaws of random Japanese women on my Nintendo Switch home and portable console
With friends!

elf help book posted:

Buying [Whatever] Picross

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Buying Kemono Friends Picross

I'll be buying Hot Gimmick Cosplay-Jong.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Shoehead posted:

But enough about Enchanting Mahjong Match.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

In Training posted:

Of course, you are able to enjoy one mahjong after another with girl.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

Have to support Real Mahjong, in all its forms

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

gently caress mahjong solitaire!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Help Im Alive posted:

gently caress mahjong solitaire!!

Sorry, this is gently caress actual mahjong.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Two player mahjong is exclusively Horny Mahjong

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's not just horny, it's also stupid - the two-player mode swaps the anime girls for these goobers:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh no I just looked at the upcoming releases and there's 3 Kairosoft games out next week (in pal at least). Those drat things are like crack cocaine

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Shoehead posted:

Oh no I just looked at the upcoming releases and there's 3 Kairosoft games out next week (in pal at least). Those drat things are like crack cocaine

Are they different or just straight ports?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I love Kairosoft but I'm not spending 12 freakin dollars on ports of Game Dev Story and Dungeon Village. These games are NOT perfect for the switch

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's not just horny, it's also stupid - the two-player mode swaps the anime girls for these goobers:

you have my attention.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

homeless snail posted:

I love Kairosoft but I'm not spending 12 freakin dollars on ports of Game Dev Story and Dungeon Village. These games are NOT perfect for the switch

Jesus Christ that's a hell of a Nintendo tax

I've got like four of those games on my phone already, they're grand, but yikes at those prices.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Dr Cheeto posted:

I've got like four of those games on my phone already, they're grand, but yikes at those prices.

Bet they still have the onscreen dpad

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

duckfarts posted:

Bet they still have the onscreen dpad

It just wouldn't be the same without it tbh

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

They're betting that there's a large enough audience who have never been interested in buying games on their phones, and will happily pay a completely standard price for them on switch (and i think they're right)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dr Cheeto posted:

The whole eShop honestly most turns me off since like 90% of the stuff on there is just Phone games with trumped up Nintendo prices.

Galak-Z was awesome on PS4, but the Switch one, while having reasonably fun gameplay albeit way simplified from the original, is so piled up with annoying cash grab poo poo it's just frustrating and tedious. Paying money doesn't even get you very far in that game, that's the worst part.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Fuzz posted:

The whole eShop honestly most turns me off since like 90% of the stuff on there is just Phone games with trumped up Nintendo prices.

Galak-Z was awesome on PS4, but the Switch one, while having reasonably fun gameplay albeit way simplified from the original, is so piled up with annoying cash grab poo poo it's just frustrating and tedious. Paying money doesn't even get you very far in that game, that's the worst part.

It's also not even made by the original devs but mobile devs who bought the assets and just made a slightly different game.
The original was mostly OK, but its staggering difficulty was a huge turn off.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Y'all know its the devs or publishers that set the prices? If the games worth 12 bucks to you, I say buy it!
If its not worth the price, whine on a forum!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fuzz posted:

Fancy Hat! posted:

It's also not even made by the original devs but mobile devs who bought the assets and just made a slightly different game.

WTF?!?!

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Yep, GungHo, the Puzzles & Dragons guys:

http://www.gunghoonline.com/games/galak-z-variant-s/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's weird as hell

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Junkie Disease posted:

Y'all know its the devs or publishers that set the prices? If the games worth 12 bucks to you, I say buy it!
If its not worth the price, whine on a forum!

Nothing is worth the price, to me, every game is priceless.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I tend to just wait until something is on sale and look at gameplay videos and reviews. There's so much shovelware that I wish you could filter out specific companies.

Then again I'm part of the problem because I've been playing Pokemon shuffle for three years and put in about 25 dollars into the game total in that time.

Mario Party is fun, but the boards feel more frustrating to navigate for some reason. It feels like they are short but require specific dice rolls to get through obstacles. This is especially annoying when Toadette floats only a few spaces away from her previous location which then becomes a freebie for the person who had just received the star.

The other modes are pretty fun though. Especially that rhythm game.

I'm rambling. I'm sorry.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Houle posted:

Mario Party is fun, but the boards feel more frustrating to navigate for some reason. It feels like they are short but require specific dice rolls to get through obstacles. This is especially annoying when Toadette floats only a few spaces away from her previous location which then becomes a freebie for the person who had just received the star.

The other modes are pretty fun though. Especially that rhythm game.

I'm rambling. I'm sorry.

I definitely prefer the longer boards with more turns that don’t take as long. Despite the boards being so small, there seems to be only half of which is regularly touched during an entire game. It also seems that Toadettes spaces are very limited (5-6 total) rather than fully random, which greatly increases the odds of someone getting lucky and getting two stars in a single turn

The rhythm game is an awesome addition and the 20min playing that have been so much better than the couple hours of traditional Mario Party played so far

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Gungho bought 17-bit, the original devs, a year or two ago. They made Variant-S themselves and it's something they announced before the buyout, from memory.

It's not available on consoles but I'd recommend Monolith over any version of Galak-Z.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Monolith really needs 3DS and Switch ports. :argh:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 10, 2018

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases Oct 11, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BST for Europe.

NOE are really bad at updating their web eShop recently, so while most (if not all) of the below games are probably out in EU/Aus, there's currently no link to the shop entry or price information.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo 3 Count Bout - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
“3 COUNT BOUT” is a pro-wrestling game released by SNK in 1993. Aim to become the world's strongest wrestler, and take the champion's throne for yourself! Chock full of the elements of pro-wrestling, including strike exchanges and aerial assaults, dash moves, even illegal moves! Enjoy interesting matches including electricity matches, street matches, and more.

Battle Group 2 - $9.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A deadly new terrorist group has emerged. The Talon seeks vengeance for an unknown crime, commanding seemingly unlimited resources and striking against innocents with precision, efficiency, and savage force. They take no prisoners...but neither do we! Battle Group 2 puts you in control of an advanced naval fleet assembled as a last resort against this deadly new enemy. Command powerful battleships and fire newly developed satellite strikes in a final strike against this deadly new terrorist superpower.

Bombing Busters - $6.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (Oct 8)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Have a blast! Bomb oodles of nasty critters in a series of 30 wicked mazes! Defeat hellish bosses in heroic fights! Embark on a hilarious journey with the witty Dr. Wallow to conquer the galaxy in this explosively fun arcade game!

Boom Ball: Boost Edition - $12.99 / £9.99 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Pick up your Boom Ball and smash all the blocks! Cheerful arcade action with manic multiball mayhem. Two ways to play: Intuitive motion controls and touch screen controls. Instant two-player mode: Just hand off one controller! Meet explosive rectangular sheep and much silliness over 60 scenic levels. Juggle up to 24 balls simultaneously. Boost power: Time your boosts perfectly for more speed and explosions. HD rumble: Feel each unique hit and explosion. Reach goals like Gold Time and No Balls Lost to unlock new paddles and bonus levels. Turbo Mode for the ultimate reaction challenge. Go ballistic with Boom Ball!

Chasm - $19.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Welcome to Chasm, an action-adventure game in which you play a new recruit undertaking your first mission for the Guildean Kingdom. Thrilled to prove your worth as a knight, you track strange rumors that a mine vital to the Kingdom has been shut down. But what you discover in the mining town is worse than you imagined: The townspeople have disappeared, kidnapped by supernatural creatures emerging from the depths.

Child of Light Ultimate Edition - $19.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Join Aurora on her journey to save her ailing father and a lost kingdom in the magical world of Lemuria –along the way she'll discover that her destiny may be far greater than she dreamed. From award-winners Patrick Plourde and Jeffrey Yohalem comes Child of Light. Encounter eccentric creatures, from wicked witches to evil sea serpents, and discover the vast land of Lemuria. Fight alongside your allies to upgrade your stats, unlock unique abilities, and use unique gems to improve your skills. Work together with your allies to solve puzzles and search for mysteries. Experience a story carefully crafted in verse and rhyme with an original soundtrack by composer Coeur de pirate. Play anytime and anywhere. With Nintendo Switch you’ll be able to play on your TV, on the go, or with friends in tabletop mode.

Disgaea 1 Complete - $49.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 9)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
To celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the Disgaea series, the groundbreaking game that started it all returns for modern consoles in beautiful HD. Relive the expanded adventures of Laharl, Etna, and Flonne in Disgaea 1 Complete!

Dungeon Village - $12.00 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Welcome to an epic RPG world in which the town you build can grow from humble hamlet into a mecca for the land's most ambitious adventurers! The enterprising warriors that stop by your blossoming burg will defeat monsters and earn you money. Conquering dungeons and clearing out hordes of monsters will bag you loot to stock your shops. And if your hamlet flourishes, adventurers will want to set up house and settle down! Build training facilities like Combat Schools and Magic Labs to hone your heroic denizens' skills and boost your village's Popularity. The more faces that flock to your cause, the bigger the baddies you can beat!

Feral Fury - $8.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Fast-paced twin stick shooter rogue-lite action. May the soil we conquer nurture the holy seeds of the great bamboo. Long after humankind perished in the flames of the oil wars, the great panda empire is expanding throughout the galaxy as the new dominant power. With the old world in ashes and an endless need for bamboo, entire planets are turned into plantations, and the flames of war are lit once again.

Game Dev Story - $12.00 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 12)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Manage your own game company and try to create a million-selling game in this unique simulation. Features the ability to develop your company's own game console, plus a system for changing your staff members' professions. Your staff members can have a variety of game-related professions, from programmer to sound engineer. Work hard and you may reach the top of the video game industry!

Goosebumps The Game - $29.99 / £29.99 / €34.99 (Oct 9)
Retail/Digital - [[url=https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/goosebumps-the-game-switchNA[/url]] [EU]
The walk home from school today is going to be a lot spookier than usual… Your sleepy neighborhood’s been overrun by monsters! Werewolves prowl the woods, Gnomes roam underfoot, and scarecrows walk at midnight. But these aren’t ordinary monsters—they’re R.L. Stine’s famous Goosebumps monsters, released from their books and looking to wreak havoc! You’ll need to use your wits to investigate the surroundings, puzzle out clues, and outsmart the monsters before it’s too late! Survive a trek through your neighborhood, unravel the mysteries of the Dead House, and sneak through the mall after hours; only then can you confront Slappy and stop his plans for revenge!

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - $14.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is a Metroidvania-style action-platformer set in a magical world inspired by traditional Mexican culture and folklore.

Hot Springs Story - $12.00 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Build your own resort and propel it to success with but a touch of the finger in this one-of-a-kind simulation! Rooms, restaurants, arcades, and baths--position each facility to lull your guests into hot spring Nirvana and skyrocket your establishment to fame! Craft the perfect Japanese garden from lanterns, pine trees, azaleas, and more--you'll need it all if you want to attract VIPs like pop stars and novelists. There can only be one #1! Do you have what it takes? Turn your device to rotate the screen, touch to scroll, and pinch to zoom in and out.

Iris School of Wizardry - Vinculum Hearts - $24.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
You’ll be attending with not only from the wealthy family, but also smart and talented boys and girls attends. School life romance game at the school of magic that everybody wants to attend. The game includes full voice recorded with main cast of popular voice actor Tetsuya Kakihara, Tomohisa Hashizume, Ryosuke Kanemoto, Yuta Kasuya, Kazuyuki Okitsu, Mitsuki Saiga, Atsushi Kakehashi, Atsushi Miyauchi, Nobuhiko Okamoto.

Joggernauts - $14.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A cooperative switching game about trying NOT to kill your friends! Switch places at JUST the right time to beat color-coded levels. Work together as a team. No jogger left behind! Co-op that's ACTUALLY cooperative.

Madorica Real Estate - $14.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Enjoy solving puzzles with floor plans and pencils! The study material for “Madorica Real Estate” would be the floorplan for the corresponding house of the game stage. You would dropdown the magic spell or hints on the floorplans. The floor plans are not only for dropping notes, you might need to cut or fold it! There are twenty stages in total, each of them would have its own various features and traits. Challenge the riddle and enjoy the visual look of each room!

Mark of the Ninja: Remastered - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (Oct 9)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In Mark of the Ninja Remastered, you'll know what it is to truly be a ninja. You must be silent, agile and clever to outwit your opponents in a world of gorgeous scenery and flowing animation. Marked with cursed tattoos giving you heightened senses, every situation presents you with options. For the first time, enjoy the critically acclaimed game as well as the additional Special Edition content on the go!

The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories - $29.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The sudden disappearance of a dear friend spurs J.J. Macfield to go look for her friend on the curious Island of Memories. You can’t die on this nightmare island, even if you’re seriously injured. No matter how many times J.J.’s brought back from the grips of death, she drags her mangled body deeper into the woods. She risks the suffering of having her arms and legs torn off, her neck broken, immolation…all in order to find her friend. J.J. sacrifices her own body and life on this journey so she can discover the answers to her questions: Why did my friend leave? What is this uncomfortable feeling?

Shift Happens - $14.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 10)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The two jello jelly creatures Bismo and Plom got connected in a tragic yet funny accident and thus can exchange their size and abilities at will. Welcome to the world of Shift Happens - the only game out there which doesn't take a closer look at the body mass index and where players are actually forced to work together (and occasionally stab each other in the back).

The Swindle - $14.99 / £14.99 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
London, 1849. Scotland Yard will soon activate its breakthrough surveillance technology, 'The Devil's Basilisk'. Its surveillance capabilities will be total, and your career as a master thief will be over. Steal it, before that can happen. From the safety of your rickety airship, you can modify your thief with new skills, tools, and all manner of technological horrors to tackle the wealthiest and most secure buildings in London. All the buildings you’ll be robbing are randomly-generated, so you’ll never get the same level twice. Have you got what it takes to pull off The Swindle?

Tricky Towers - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
With your brilliant robe and magic powers, it’s time to build some Tricky Towers! Stack your bricks in this land of fable, whose marvelous tower will be the most stable? Cast magic to support your construction, and fend off dark spells to avoid destruction. Battle your friends and rise to fame, in this frantic physics party game.

The World Ends With You: Final Remix - $49.99 / £39.99 / €49.99 (Oct 12)
Complete the mission...or face erasure. That's all Neku knows after regaining consciousness in the middle of a busy intersection without his memories. Now he and his partner must fight to survive a life-or-death game in this twisted tale with more turns than the urban labyrinth of Tokyo they're trapped in. This definitive version of Square Enix's RPG classic brings the dark story to life on the Nintendo Switch system along with an extra chapter, exclusive two-player combat, and some killer, new remixed music.

3DS
Luigi's Mansion - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 12 NA / Oct 19 EU)
G-g-ghosts! Time to suck those suckers up because Luigi is back in the first portable version of this spooky classic. After winning a mansion in a contest he didn’t enter, he must beat its many bosses and puzzles. Follow a map on the touchscreen, shine a flashlight, blow fire, shoot water, stun ghosts, and trap them…before Mario is trapped forever! All this ghost-catching tomfoolery pays off! As you suck ‘em up with your Poltergust 3000, you could also rake in millions in hidden, in-game riches for our hard-luck hero. Make sure to search every area using the Game Boy Horror’s map on your touchscreen and activate its Boo Radar to track down every Boo in the mansion or spot ghosts’ weak points. After beating and capturing boss ghosts, you can select their portraits from the gallery to best your own score in tense rematches—a new feature in the Nintendo 3DS version!

Triple Breakout - $4.99 / £4.99 / €4.99 (Oct 11 NA / May 11 2017 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Triple Breakout is a breakout game which combines game mechanics from a traditional breakout game and a pong game. Play against the computer opponent or play solo mode while aiming for a high score.

WiiU
Petite Zombies - $ ? / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Protect your territory from the invasion of petite zombies. For better game convenience, use the stylus.

Yes, a game has been released on the WiiU in October 2018.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Congrats to Wii U for landing killer app Pee Tit Zombies.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, 12 loving dollars for a Kairosoft game? The same week as TWEWY, Mark of the Ninja, and the week before Starlink? :laffo:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

3 count bout seems really rad.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Child of Light was great, kind of short but a great concept.

TWEWY is the greatest, although I can’t vouch for this version. I’ll wait for initial impressions of the controls before I buy it.

Luigi’s Mansion is good I will probably buy that too

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

According to this, TWEWY controls suck and are laggy https://kotaku.com/the-world-ends-with-you-final-remix-the-kotaku-review-1829697381

quote:

I can’t see anyone getting that obsessed with the Switch version of the game. It’s less a port of the DS version than a port of the mobile version of the game, meaning it uses the mobile port’s touch-screen controls. There’s no real way to get around them. When the Joy-Cons are attached to the console, they simply stop working. You have to use the touch screen. When the Switch is docked and the Joy-Con are detached, you have to use motion controls that mimic the gestures you’d be making on the touch screen with your finger. I tried to play the game that way, but it’s simply atrocious. If you’re lucky enough to find a comfortable position to hold your hand in while you’re swinging around a Joy-Con, getting the game to recognize some of the more delicate motions you make is a struggle.

Not that it’s any easier when you use the touch screen. After playing through the game’s story I realized that there’s about a half-second delay on any gesture you make on the touch screen. Attacks in this game are determined by pins you win off enemies or buy, and different pins use different gestures to trigger their attacks. Some of the attacks that Neku uses require you to do things like draw a circle on the screen. Because it takes a moment for the game to register that you’re making a circle, and in that time enemies are attacking you, using attacks like those are just not very feasible. You’re better off just getting a couple pins that fire projectiles, not moving from the center of the screen, and then calling down your partner when those pins are on a cooldown.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm sitting a few feet away from someone playing TWEWY, and they're having a blast. Might be a YMMV deal.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I never played the DS version so I'm looking forward to getting the chance to try it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's probably about the same cost to pick up a used DS and a physical copy of TWEWY, which is undoubtedly a better way to play it

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I already have a 3DS, I haven't seen the game available here anywhere since it was released really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol i can't believe but i can also totally believe that nintendo is loving this up so you have to research every game before you buy it to see if it works with your control scheme of choice. both their big releases so far this month have disqualifying restrictions on how you play them