Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
someone beat me to this idea
https://goo.gl/images/GxvEnR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy has been in 5 different batman movies.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Plebian Parasite posted:

Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy has been in 5 different batman movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=torjsONjtR4

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

WampaLord posted:

It feels like a lifetime ago, but I remember this being actively shocking (and also very lol) as it was happening.

It seems weird to be shocked by anything in a post-escalator world.

wait, whats the escalator

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quite stretched out posted:

wait, whats the escalator

Apropos for the thread anyway, an evergreen lol.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1048037573996756994

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

LastInLine posted:

I remembered Tipper Gore, 2 Live Crew, and explicit lyric labels today.

zappa pissing off the christian dude on crossfire lol

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
the SPD's 1932 campaign slogan for Paul von Hindenberg, you know the election where they endorsed him as 'at least he isn't Hitler' and then he proceeded to win and appoint Hitler

was

'With Him'

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mandoric posted:

the SPD's 1932 campaign slogan for Paul von Hindenberg, you know the election where they endorsed him as 'at least he isn't Hitler' and then he proceeded to win and appoint Hitler

was

'With Him'

oh the himanity

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mandoric posted:

was

'With Him'

holy poo poo loving lmao

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Mandoric posted:

was

'With Him'

that's a lol

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Please proceed Governor

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
That time the president of the United States boarded air force one with toilet paper stuck to his shoe

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

A police officer may have killed, butchered and eaten the 1968 Youth International Party candidate for President.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Necrothatcher posted:

A police officer may have killed, butchered and eaten the 1968 Youth International Party candidate for President.

Lmao what

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Necrothatcher posted:

Good

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/lebeargirdle/status/898280833299230722?lang=en

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Probably been in this thread 10 times, but Ted Cruz not getting the point of green eggs and ham

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Green Eggs and Hamprince

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mandoric posted:

was

'With Him'

Haha gently caress, I didn't know the SPD endorsed him. But yeah, guys, the communists were dumb for saying the social democrats were just as bad as Hitler.

I'll mention it again as well, the SPD took power after the revolution and empowered the Freikorps, returning German soldiers, to kill the one German MP who made antiwar speeches from the pulpit, and dear Rosa. So gently caress them.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Obama got called a communist for reading a fareed zakaria book

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

SPD killed Rosa and did Blutmai, the Comintern was right about "social fascism"

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigasus_(politics) posted:

Pigasus was a 145-pound (66-kg) domestic pig who was nominated for President of the United States as a theatrical gesture by the Youth International Partyon August 23, 1968, just before the opening of the Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Illinois.
Sources vary on the fate of Pigasus. There is some speculation that a police officer ate him.

also reading that article reminded me how hilariously ineffective the hippies/yippies were

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazycryodude posted:

SPD killed Rosa and did Blutmai, the Comintern was right about "social fascism"

Yeah but what if them saying that is what made the libs sell them out to the nazis hmmm?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

also reading that article reminded me how hilariously ineffective the hippies/yippies were

Lolll

Also yea the yippies were complete trash

on which note Jackson Lears had a good essay in the New York Review of Books recently on “the 60s” that I expected to be insufferable (although I like Lears) but wound up being very, very good

”Aquarius Rising”

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

in my headcanon that's an iraqi because gently caress troops

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Remember how south park said they wouldn't comment on trump

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

“For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.”

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GalacticAcid posted:

Lolll

Also yea the yippies were complete trash

on which note Jackson Lears had a good essay in the New York Review of Books recently on “the 60s” that I expected to be insufferable (although I like Lears) but wound up being very, very good

”Aquarius Rising”

the yippie prank of throwing lots of dollar bills around stockbrokers to create a frenzy was a good idea tho
then they became standard sellout boomers

weather underground didnt go far enough

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

Mandoric posted:

was

'With Him'

lol
lmao

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

oh wow. i thought you were joking about the cannibalism

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what kinda political organization can't stop their presidential nominee from being eaten

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

got any sevens posted:

the yippie prank of throwing lots of dollar bills around stockbrokers to create a frenzy was a good idea tho
then they became standard sellout boomers

weather underground didnt go far enough

none of the "domestic terrorists" did

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

i say swears online posted:

what kinda political organization can't stop their presidential nominee from being eaten

let’s ask Jeb

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

please chew

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uncle Wemus posted:

Remember how south park said they wouldn't comment on trump

oh you have got to be kidding me. that’s not real. is this real? I refuse to believe they’d be this stupid

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Brian Boyko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

oh you have got to be kidding me. that’s not real. is this real? I refuse to believe they’d be this stupid

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-despicable-me-trey-parker-20170630-htmlstory.html

quote:

This season I want to get back to Cartman dressing up like a robot and [screwing] with Butters, because to me that’s the bread and butter of “South Park”: kids being kids and being ridiculous and outrageous but not “did you see what Trump did last night?” Because I don’t give a ... anymore.

We probably could put up billboards — “Look what we’re going to do to Trump next week!” — and get crazy ratings. But I just don’t care.