Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I can understand why they wouldn't use remote-detonated explosives, but I really want claymores for random door/window trolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://twitter.com/Treyarch/status/1047909216608894977

enemies in the best buy

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

John DiFool posted:

If any of you actually liked the Infinity Ward cod games why aren’t you playing titanfall 2?

because they are not the same game?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
This seems to be a very eco-friendly version of Call of Duty, with all the recycled content.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

People that like the black ops series are all broken and just want remakes and no new content. That said they did announce yet another new map so the map count is now up to 15: 10 new, 4 flashbacks, and nuke town.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Lambert posted:

This seems to be a very eco-friendly version of Call of Duty, with all the recycled content.

Let me tell you about the Carentan.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Better than 9 + 3 war maps lol

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

People that like the black ops series are all broken and just want remakes and no new content.

Modern Warfare Remastered is part of the Black Ops series? :confused:

ecdub22
Jul 9, 2008

I'm going to crush all opposition in this thread.

:siren: -=+ 54i +=- :siren:
Pillbug

Javes posted:

Better than 9 + 3 war maps lol

B-b-b-but each War map is basically 2 multiplayer maps put together!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also I’ll add Blackout map to the list because it’s actually a pretty cool well laid out map. There’s still plenty of areas in it I haven’t really spent much time on.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also I’ll add Blackout map to the list because it’s actually a pretty cool well laid out map. There’s still plenty of areas in it I haven’t really spent much time on.

Speaking of blackout maps, if they push new ones out through the pass (they will) I’m likely going to have to purchase the season pass. I remain hopeful they’ll do the right thing (they won’t) and release updated Blackout content for free.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

housefly posted:

Speaking of blackout maps, if they push new ones out through the pass (they will) I’m likely going to have to purchase the season pass. I remain hopeful they’ll do the right thing (they won’t) and release updated Blackout content for free.

My guess is they'll take the Fortnite approach and just change/add to the map for events throughout the season and not tie it to the season pass. Once they roll out cosmetics they'll probably sell the pass with something like the fortnite pass or whatever the gently caress it's called where the pass gives you access to more tasks and missions to earn more XP / skins. Plus they've announced how they'll make DLC maps free for specific events and I think they're going to do just enough to push people to jump on the season pass instead of making the pass just the maps and nothing else.

It's already been shown you can buy the pass separate so the standard edition seems like the safe buy until they show exactly what else they're planning to do with the loot boxes and extra content. Treyarch has been uncharacteristically vocal about post launch support so I remain hopefully they won't completely gently caress this up.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Here’s hoping. The maps for 3 were terrible

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

My experience with the 3 Jetpack CODs wasn't great so I'm looking forward to a more refined BOTG game.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Pls add me for games dame psn name god bless you

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

I would prefer the game to be literally 100% recycled Black Ops 1 content. Just make that game again.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Seymour Buttz posted:

I would prefer the game to be literally 100% recycled Black Ops 1 content. Just make that game again.

I'm 100% in favor of anything that brings back the Black Ops 1 Skorpion and Uzi.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Seymour Buttz posted:

:yeah: :same: :hellyeah: :emptyquote:

Galilhu Ackbar

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 6, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Launch is the greatest map ever made

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

From a design standpoint, yes, but it's too easy to spawn trap A or C on it.

When it comes to Domination, I'd argue that Cracked is the most balanced, simply due to the front line spanning the entire width of the map.
Can't cover all the gaps.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 6, 2018

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Bring back Kowloon. Every map should have ziplines.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Bumper Stickup posted:

Bring back Kowloon. Every map should have ziplines.

reported for supporting cruelty to animals

those poor monkeys... :ohdear:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I miss dolphin diving.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Seymour Buttz posted:

I miss the blops m14 and the m60 and the Olympia so much

Omg

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
God blops1 was such a good game.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

buttchugging adderall posted:

I like your username alot

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

buttchugging adderall posted:

Agreed. I miss all the dumb equipment that wasn't optimal at all, sometimes even detrimental to yourself/team, but was just fun to use.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Since all ESPORTS GAMING KEYPADS are loud rear end blue switches, I get to annoy everyone in voice with it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

KingShiro posted:

Since all ESPORTS GAMING KEYPADS are loud rear end blue switches, I get to annoy everyone in voice with it.

I do this too on PS4 :getin:

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I do this too on PS4 :getin:

Everyone can enjoy me clacking away as well. As my PS4 emblem says, WASD it's what moves me.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Mill Village posted:

I miss dolphin diving.

Waroduce posted:

Omg

:same:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Waroduce posted:

Omg

The Blops 1 M60 was fantastic. We once got a Ground War group of 8 +1 pubbie to run M60s only on Nuketown. Those were the days.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Xbox Ahoy’s m60 blops video where he ends with the line “this pig — might just save your bacon” is forever burned into my memory

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
The AK-74u with Grip, Red Dot Sight and Steady Aim was an absolute genocide generator before it got the mandatory nerf.

Weapon I miss most from the whole series is either the M16 from MW2 with Grip, Holo Sight and Steady Aim Pro (with the Fall camo) or the G36C in MW3.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Xbox Ahoy’s m60 blops video where he ends with the line “this pig — might just save your bacon” is forever burned into my memory

Man I miss those videos

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Did they ever release any info on what changes (if any) they're making to the game based on the beta?

Also, it'll be sad not having C4 or anything like it. It's always my best weapon by more than double the kills of any gun in any COD game it's in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6MqGJqvs5M

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Been playing some PUBG again lately to pass the time until Blackout, and I absolutely cannot wait to delete that utter steaming pile of poo poo masquerading as a video game and never look back in 6 days.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So I should be getting this game right?

Also, what's this about no C4? How can they remove one of the most fun explosives that has ever been in a CoD game? Even though they ruined it last game by not making it able to explode while still in the air.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All signs point to a good game, yes.

Get it (the standard, wait on season pass until they show all it offers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Gordon Shumway posted:

Did they ever release any info on what changes (if any) they're making to the game based on the beta?

Only thing I've seen is that revive time is being doubled.