Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Japan also called Super Mario Bros 2 "Doki Doki Panic" so I don't really trust them here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well akshually they called it Super Mario Bros USA.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Who the gently caress though it was a good idea to add a "You swing too hard" warning in the baseball rhythm minigame? It blocks the entire and doesn't go away.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SelenicMartian posted:

Who the gently caress though it was a good idea to add a "You swing too hard" warning in the baseball rhythm minigame? It blocks the entire and doesn't go away.
Stop swinging so hard.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mega64 posted:

Japan also called Super Mario Bros 2 "Doki Doki Panic" so I don't really trust them here.

Doki Doki Panic requires several features of the disk system, the port Super Mario 2 US is changed in several ways, mostly that you cannot save, can change characters on a per stage basis, and don't have to beat every stage as every character to get to the final boss. Super Mario 2 US is considered to be superior to Doki Doki Panic, and Doki Doki Panic will likely never be re-released due to it being a promotion for a festival that holds the rights to the characters.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Happy Mario Party Day! :)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lodin posted:

This seems to actually be one of the bigger controversies in the aftermath of Bowsette. Many people claim that Boosette is just a random female Boo that's been turned into a princess so it's not gay to have a wank at her, but anyone who's been following the scene knows she originally was King Boo. Those goobers are totally in denial about cranking it to a trans-female.

But anyway, I was pretty tempted to buy Mega Man 11, but came to the conclusion that it would just end up pissing me off even on the easiest difficulty since I'm to old for that poo poo. Ended up buying CrossCode instead and the only major negative is that it's only out on PC. I surely hope they make enough money on sales so they can manage to port it to God's chosen platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuN-5yxwogU

I know this is the Switch thread but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on CrossCode. It looks really cool

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The same company putting on the festival this was a game for, put out a special version of Super Mario Bros. Not Super Mario Bros Special though, that's different. Super Mario Bros All Night Nippon

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Homestar Runner posted:

MegaMan 3 is still far and away the best MegaMans imo

Just beat it last week and agreed

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Charger/standchat: I just got the new pass-through one today. It's small, doesn't wobble around like the regular kickstand and you can set it to pretty much any comfortable angle. Jack's verdict: Electricity/10.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Al Borland Corpse posted:

My favorite thing about 3 is there is a glitch where you can get rush jet early by just selecting its invisible entry in your pause menu. And rush jet is OP as gently caress

Rush jet is weak in 11 and uses so much energy, it's uses are extremely situational.

I love the young Wily/Light backstory. Wily wanted robots to be powerful but subservient, his ideas were regarded as dangerous. Light wanted robots to have free will.

We all know which one actually destroyed the world.

I'm assuming you've listened to The Protomen? If not you should.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Not a big fan of music

E: it's just so loud

E2: too many notes

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 5, 2018

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

jackhunter64 posted:

Charger/standchat: I just got the new pass-through one today. It's small, doesn't wobble around like the regular kickstand and you can set it to pretty much any comfortable angle. Jack's verdict: Electricity/10.

I got one of these a few weeks ago and it rules.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Apparently Assassin's Creed Odyssey is out Oct 5th...

edit: Assassin's Creed Odyssey will be available to play on Switch in Japan starting from tomorrow - the catch being that it will actually be a cloud-based version of the game running on a remote PC with footage being streamed to the player's system over the internet.

Just make a Steam client :lol:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

psylent posted:

Apparently Assassin's Creed Odyssey is out Oct 5th...

It's a "Cloud Version" aka it's streamed and it's only in Japan

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have decided, Wily stage 2 from Mega Man 9 is a better song than Wily stage 1 from Mega Man 2

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

What consensus though? There games been out less than a week. There's not even guides up.

I'd say start with bounce man, he's pretty easy. And it's pretty easy to guess who his weapon works on

Block > Acid > Impact > Bounce > Fuse > Tundra > Torch > Blast

The only one that doesn't just do way more damage than the others is Acid vs Impact Man, and that's because he's difficult to hit as it is.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

E2: too many notes

Look into Sunn O)))), there are hardly any notes

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Little Mac posted:

Block > Acid > Impact > Bounce > Fuse > Tundra > Torch > Blast

The only one that doesn't just do way more damage than the others is Acid vs Impact Man, and that's because he's difficult to hit as it is.

Oh man I didn't actually know the weakness order yet. I basically went in mostly reverse order and only had weaknesses to exploit for fuse, tundra, and block man. I was gonna figure them out in the fortress refights.

I went Bounce > Fuse > Blast(you can see why I thought that would work, right?) > Impact > Acid > Torch > Tundra > Block

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lodin posted:

This seems to actually be one of the bigger controversies in the aftermath of Bowsette. Many people claim that Boosette is just a random female Boo that's been turned into a princess so it's not gay to have a wank at her, but anyone who's been following the scene knows she originally was King Boo. Those goobers are totally in denial about cranking it to a trans-female.

I can't imagine why because a trans lady ghost sounds rad, to me

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
This pagan girl at work says all ghosts are non-binary and she seems to know an awful lot about ghosts :shrug:

:ghost::ghost::ghost:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have decided, Wily stage 2 from Mega Man 9 is a better song than Wily stage 1 from Mega Man 2

Your trolling has gone too far

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sakurazuka posted:

Your trolling has gone too far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfvpNd56yrY

It's extremely good

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's a "Cloud Version" aka it's streamed and it's only in Japan

That's pretty cool actually

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

THE loving MOON posted:

This pagan girl at work says all ghosts are non-binary and she seems to know an awful lot about ghosts :shrug:

:ghost::ghost::ghost:

I can't wait to be a ghost or meet a ghost.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Over There posted:

Capcom did the same thing with RE7, it's cool in theory as a way to get Switch versions of games that are too powerful for the hardware, but streaming tech definitely has problems especially over wi-fi

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Over There posted:

It's also a 180 day rental!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Over There posted:

PSO2 works the same way on the Switch. Also wasn't the new Resident Evil the same way? Both were Japan only in any case.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Streaming games sucks mega rear end

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's how they're eventually gonna justify switching to games-as-service, wholesale. That 180 day rental is so they know how long they can justify keeping the streaming servers active.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

does the new mario party only have 4 boards? i just took a look at it quickly last night and wont be playing until this evening but it looked like 3 maps unlocked from the start and 1 locked. thats kinda sucky since its usually 5-7 boards.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It apparently works fine in Japan. Japan also has really good internet infrastructure. Doing this in the US you'd need data centers all over the drat place, due to the shape and where high population is in the US, I have a feeling they couldn't offer this outside of major cities which is why it will never leave Japan. (at least not this console gen, maybe the US will fix their poo poo for the 2030s)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

pixaal posted:

It apparently works fine in Japan. Japan also has really good internet infrastructure. Doing this in the US you'd need data centers all over the drat place, due to the shape and where high population is in the US, I have a feeling they couldn't offer this outside of major cities which is why it will never leave Japan. (at least not this console gen, maybe the US will fix their poo poo for the 2030s)

It’s never good for action games even with a perfect connection

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kly posted:

does the new mario party only have 4 boards? i just took a look at it quickly last night and wont be playing until this evening but it looked like 3 maps unlocked from the start and 1 locked. thats kinda sucky since its usually 5-7 boards.

Aside from those 4 there's also another set of a completely different type which are more grid based and play out somewhat differently

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

pixaal posted:

(at least not this console gen, maybe the US will fix their poo poo for the 2030s)

Hahahaha, you sweet, sweet summer child....

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

pixaal posted:

maybe the US will fix their poo poo for the 2030s

I know this thread often has unrealistic expectations, but come on now.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

pixaal posted:

maybe the US will fix their poo poo for the 2030s)

That ain't happening

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have gigabit U/D :getin:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Someone tell me how Mario Party is drat it! I have to wait until I'm off work to play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have gigabit U/D :getin:

Latency is the main issue, not bandwith