Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

The surprise twist is that somehow angelo is the father of all of the rock humans due to what josuke did in the previous timeline and they want the special rokakaka so that angelo can become more human again and move around and exact vengeance

gently caress ME Angelo IS a rock dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i'd say he's more of a dude rock

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I wish the soccer guys got a cooler fight, the ability to give your handless arm qualities of whatever your other hand is touching is a really neat power, you could make a whole different manga with that power

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
other jojolion things that bug me:

there's a woman sitting in the higashikata house who is the daughter of holy kujo who has the ability to summon an ice motorcycle ghost out of doors and not doing anything

where the hell is kaera

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

there's a woman sitting in the higashikata house who is the daughter of holy kujo who has the ability to summon an ice motorcycle ghost out of doors and not doing anything

where the hell is kaera

Surely karera will be important eventually, and also a rock person. The womans drat name is Kars

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Expect My Mom posted:

where the hell is kaera

Caato still hasn't done anything since showing back up.

At least Mitsuba is going to turn out to be a secret badass, hoepfully.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
caato doing nothing but laying around the house and torturing norisuke by her sheer presence while her failson goes around trying to do whatever he's trying to do is honestly kinda funny to me so im with it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

She's just sitting there.......MENACINGLY!

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Did they ever explain what was up with the bite marks in like chapter 1?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Absolutely not

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

goth smoking cloves posted:

Did they ever explain what was up with the bite marks in like chapter 1?

I think it got teased at some point recently. I think its related to getting a stand? By recently I mean like, within the last 12 chapters which is a years worth of content.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I think we thought it was one of the new rock humans who had no limbs but pronounced teeth or something? but no that seemed to be dropped

I'm still guessing the Wall Eyes were caused by the body of Jesus being there in the past, but I'd really like some going back to that

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

It's Dio's severed and Jesus-infused head travelling through the earth granting stands to create a perfect body to take over, but his brief successes always rotted away, so now he's asking his rock buddies to perfect equivalent exchange so that he can meld with Johnny's preserved headless body and earn the ultimate stand, Tusk

Like, jesus people pay attention

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

halleys comet posted:

Surely karera will be important eventually, and also a rock person. The womans drat name is Kars

I still say she's actualy Carrara and not Kars. She is the ultimate Rock Person.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Expect My Mom posted:

I think we thought it was one of the new rock humans who had no limbs but pronounced teeth or something? but no that seemed to be dropped

I'm still guessing the Wall Eyes were caused by the body of Jesus being there in the past, but I'd really like some going back to that

Oh yea there was an old man rock human who bit peoples ankles, that all happened before the Ozone Baby stuff. I think its related, the story just hasnt gotten to the point to tie it together yet.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I really wanted to make a part 5 anime thread where the OP was entirely in italian but I don't speak a lick of the language and couldn't find anybody willing to help me with what would amount to a shitpost so oh well

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She's probably meant to be Carela. We know for sure Kaato is wrong cos there's a C in her intro chapter art.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

FirstAidKite posted:

I really wanted to make a part 5 anime thread where the OP was entirely in italian but I don't speak a lick of the language and couldn't find anybody willing to help me with what would amount to a shitpost so oh well

Ciao a Tutti e La Bizzare Advventure di GioGio! Capricio Febereeze! Pizza Mozzarella e lira bianci prosciutto cappuccino.

Its not a tough language.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

CodfishCartographer posted:

Going by page count, from when the main cast first begins fighting the main villain (the part that confuses everyone) to the end of Part 7 is slightly longer than the entirety of part 2.

This is from the Part 5 Thread

When you say the part that confuses everyone, are you talking about starting from Who Shot Johnny Joestar? Isnt there all the Wekapipo and Magenta Magenta stuff to go through before the train fight starts?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Meme Emulator posted:

This is from the Part 5 Thread

When you say the part that confuses everyone, are you talking about starting from Who Shot Johnny Joestar? Isnt there all the Wekapipo and Magenta Magenta stuff to go through before the train fight starts?

Yeah, starting from Who Shot Johnny Joestar. I think the magenta magenta stuff starts before then? Since Wekapipo dies during the Johnny confusion. Technically Gyro does fight the weird grid guy during Who Shot Johnny Joestar, but it's pretty intertwined with that fight. I might be remembering wrong, but I recall it going Who Shot Johnny > Love Train > Philadelphia Coastline > Alt Universe Diego.

My original point is still a little facetious, since the Alt Universe Diego is counted in that page count, but it still fits in the context of "the climax of part 7"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJolion is already the second longest part and it's probably going to overtake SBR by the end. It's probably already not far behind.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i dont remember bruno having those circles on his head that the anime gave him

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FirstAidKite posted:

Usually when that kinda poo poo happens I can kinda rationalize it away but the cling wrap from the eyes bit is still like "wait what"

Like, I guess maybe he could've used his ability on himself to stuff himself full of cling wrap if he ever needed it

That sounds incredibly JoJo actually

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Expect My Mom posted:

The brass ones in his hair? They were there in a different form originally and evolved into the orbs as the series went on.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

I never even noticed them before until now but yeah they're there in the manga too, it's just a braid on his head running from the gold hairclip things.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
nah these five black things

e: lol you're totally right, it reads better in the manga where they dont need to move

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The reflection thing never comes up after the beginning, but does anyone actually hit any of Golden Experience's animals after that point?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is his name Bucciarati or Buccellati, I've seen both and I'm used to the latter but I'm not sure which is the correct one

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It's prob supposed to be Buccellati which is the name of a type of italian cookie, but his localized name has consistently been the other one

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

JoJolion is already the second longest part and it's probably going to overtake SBR by the end. It's probably already not far behind.

yeah but at least by this point in SBR we had an idea of the direction and who the main antagonist was, here everything is kind of just...plodding.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Expect My Mom posted:

It's prob supposed to be Buccellati which is the name of a type of italian cookie, but his localized name has consistently been the other one

It's also a high-end jewelry brand.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Do we know yet what Araki picked for the ending theme for Golden Wind?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
randomly thinking about pucci saying "if this snail touches my arm.....i have to kill my brother" and god i love this series, warts and all. things like that, giorno's face inexplicably unzipping or watching diego eat rocks are these otherworldly moments of tension and drama that truly couldn't happen anywhere else and it really feels like araki is having a ball every time he sits down to make it.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I love those bits because in the hands of another mangaka, JoJo would be a comedy where everyone freaks out overdramatically over all the kooky Stand abilities. But Araki just has everyone talk about what's going on completely deadpan and serious, and no one ever lingers on why so many Stands have such unusual or specific abilities, they just focus on how to counter it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

an early line in part 5 is how gangsters blend in pretty well and then it pans to this gaggle of brightly-colored dinguses who look like they ran through a rack of clothing while being chased

and it's just how it is in araki's world

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Diabetic posted:

Do we know yet what Araki picked for the ending theme for Golden Wind?

Nope, no ED this week, gotta wait to see what next week brings.

TheLoneStar posted:

I love those bits because in the hands of another mangaka, JoJo would be a comedy where everyone freaks out overdramatically over all the kooky Stand abilities. But Araki just has everyone talk about what's going on completely deadpan and serious, and no one ever lingers on why so many Stands have such unusual or specific abilities, they just focus on how to counter it.

Its so great. Like there's the conversation in this first episode, Bruno just walks up to Giorno and just starts asking him random questions, and Giorno just indulges him, no like "what the hell why are you asking me that", he just starts answering earnestly.

Its one of the best parts of JoJo, everyone just kind of Goes With It, at least the stand users do.

Madtrixr fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 6, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My fav is when Jolyne thinks she sees Jotaro after she's been arrested, but it's just some lovely dude wearing exactly his outfit, implying Jotaro's fashion isn't weird in JoJo and some people do dress like that

TheLoneStar posted:

Yeah the fact that funny things are happening, but no one is commenting on how funny or weird it is perfect. JoJo taking itself seriously when a man gets his sweat licked is what makes me care about any of it.

The tongue isn't in the cheek, it's in resting position

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a dude who shuffles around while basically crying and killing people with a shovel and that's just how things go in the mystical land of 'italy' that araki invented

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

It's great because pretty much everyone in the franchise seems to function on this same mental wavelength, at least the Stand Users, and they just give no shits about what's going on, what kind of weird things they see, or what odd things come out of a person's mouth. Like Yoshikage Kira randomly goes on a rant about hating going to the gym because men touch everything with their gross sweaty hands. But the guy he's rambling to (was it Koichi?) just kind of stands there and lets him talk and doesn't even acknowledge the whole speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A personal favorite is President Valentine's Napkin Speech and how Lucy just seems completely bewildered by it.