Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

lazerus06 posted:

I bought a set of these tokens and love them. They are currently sold out though...

https://burgertokens.com/products/x-wing-miniatures-20

I bought a set and wish I'd bought two. They're awesome. They have the best "feel" of any token I've ever used for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Told my sister, who is super creative and has a business of making crafts for parents and families (multiple cheer teams and sports teams go to her), she should try her hand at making board game accessories. When she asked if people actually spend money on things like little acrylic tokens and customized card displays, I told her that there are people like Curled Paw making nearly 6 figures just in that.

Her and I are going to team up and create some X-Wing stuff like customized bags and card sleeves. I have some prototypes made out of cardboard that my sister is measuring for actual construction. She’s pretty gung-ho after I showed her some Etsy pages.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Ringo Star Get posted:

Curled Paw making nearly 6 figures just in that.

:stare:

I did not realize they were making that much money, holy poo poo.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The Gate posted:

See also the Gold squadron stream, with a Jonus barrage bomber list, where they all stayed tightly together, and Boba simply rammed into the front of them all, denying barrage shots and rerolls from Jonus and getting infinite rerolls and his pick of target. Better move would have been sending one bomber out to block and lose rerolls/shots, keep the rest back to maintain better firepower and limit Boba to one reroll. Still rough, but a hell of a lot better than the basically nothing the bombers accomplished instead.

Better to have some rerolls than none at all.

Did you skip the first engagement round like the dumbass krayts apparetly did(sorry brunas). That's exactly what happened. A bomber was sent out to block and got leapfrogged by like half a millimeter.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

That's more than I expected. I knew they were making good money, though. Everywhere I go for this game, like a quarter of the players or more have CP accessories.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Did you skip the first engagement round like the dumbass krayts apparetly did(sorry brunas). That's exactly what happened. A bomber was sent out to block and got leapfrogged by like half a millimeter.

Nothing feels better than skipping over a block by a hair, and nothing feels worse than having your block missed by a hair.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Those burger tokens look great but man what an uncomfortable assortment. You're going to need more than 6 shield tokens for many lists these days

agscala
Jul 12, 2008

Hey guys, I actually run Burger Tokens.

We're going to be restocking hopefully in 10 days or so. We were planning on restocking earlier, but we had an unanticipated 7 day setback.

Also we've gotten a lot of feedback regarding the distribution of tokens in the X-Wing set, so also available when we restock is our X-Wing "upgrade pack".

$10 for 25 tokens:
  • locks 6 through 9
  • 8 shields
  • 6 standard charge
  • 5 force charge
  • 1 crit
  • 1 evade

The extra crit and evade seem random, but this distribution is based on the feedback that we've received (and we've received a lot of it).

Additionally we have a SA-Mart thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867973
Inside is a discount for 15% off for goons. It's actually our only discount code publicly available right now.
If you end up using it, please consider bumping our thread :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

KongGeorgeVII posted:

I've had it go both ways, sometimes nothing seems to die and then I'll have a game where both players roll hot and everything just loving melts. Business as usual really.

I also designed some tokens for 2.0 and got some samples laser cut. They arrived today so I painted them up although I think the green tokens are a touch too light, not quite green enough.

You can see in the second image the ID marker on the Fang Fighter, I've also got arc indicators for turrets ships etc but I didn't get around to finishing painting them yet so no photos yet. I'm hoping to get off my rear end and do a production run of these to sell so let me know what you think.

This is exactly what i'm looking for in tokes basically. I'd be hyped to get some.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Is there something i'm missing or is Han in the Falcon destined to be like Dash where his ability is neat but way to expensive?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Some Numbers posted:

The guy who runs CP was on a podcast and said that his full time job was I believe an engineer and made good money. Eventually CP was doing so well, he started doing it full time, with his wife doing art and design. So yeah the guy is doing really well. Props to him, he makes quality stuff, he made custom templates for our game store, although go figure they came out a few weeks before 2.0 was announced with the lines in the templates.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Is there something i'm missing or is Han in the Falcon destined to be like Dash where his ability is neat but way to expensive?

Pretty much all of the fat turrets are overcosted right now except the Scum Falcon.

Han's ability is baller, but he just can't stay alive long enough to get use from it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

God help me I'm kinda liking 2.0 k-wings. Barrage rockets out the front, bowtie side arcs and proton bombs out the rear end.

I'm having a lot of fun with Esege/Shara Bey/Garven

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

agscala posted:

We're going to be restocking hopefully in 10 days or so. We were planning on restocking earlier, but we had an unanticipated 7 day setback.

Also we've gotten a lot of feedback regarding the distribution of tokens in the X-Wing set, so also available when we restock is our X-Wing "upgrade pack".

$10 for 25 tokens:
  • locks 6 through 9
  • 8 shields
  • 6 standard charge
  • 5 force charge
  • 1 crit
  • 1 evade

The extra crit and evade seem random, but this distribution is based on the feedback that we've received (and we've received a lot of it).

Additionally we have a SA-Mart thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867973
Inside is a discount for 15% off for goons. It's actually our only discount code publicly available right now.

A lot of folks at my FLGS were "ohh and ahh"ing over my Burger Tokens, so I C/P'd your update into our Discord, minus the discount info, hopefully it'll get you a few more sales. I'm really looking forward to the upgrade pack.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

agscala posted:

$10 for 25 tokens:
  • locks 6 through 9
  • 8 shields
  • 6 standard charge
  • 5 force charge
  • 1 crit
  • 1 evade

Consider my group informed as well, please update us when it's back in stock!

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Possibly? But that's still a screw up on the players part for leaving room for him to potentially fit past. Without actually sitting at the table it's hard to judge what else could have been done better.

And don't take this as some indictment that the player is a complete idiot or anything: everyone is bad right now. Everyone. We all suck terribly, no one is actually good or even really knows all the lists that are going to be good yet. Obviously Boba/Guri is strong, but I actually think the list it beat in finals (4 Strikers plus Sloane shuttle) is better. But since it lost that game on points thanks to a direct hit on the final shot, no one is really talking about it by comparison, which is crazy.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

My strikers have been what’s keeping me alive so far. I’ve been running Countdown and Pure Sabaac, and they’ve generally been among the last to die after mauling something. I want to run Duchess, Countdown, Sabaac, and a Reaper as a gimmick list, which is coincidentally how I stumbled on to my better lists in 1.0.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Icon Of Sin posted:

My strikers have been what’s keeping me alive so far. I’ve been running Countdown and Pure Sabaac, and they’ve generally been among the last to die after mauling something. I want to run Duchess, Countdown, Sabaac, and a Reaper as a gimmick list, which is coincidentally how I stumbled on to my better lists in 1.0.

That should probably work if you go light on upgrades. Could probably fit Sloane or one other more expensive crew, plus a few other cheaper upgrades?

The more I play with the Reaper the more I like it, and the more I realize how bad I am still.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The Gate posted:

That should probably work if you go light on upgrades. Could probably fit Sloane or one other more expensive crew, plus a few other cheaper upgrades?

The more I play with the Reaper the more I like it, and the more I realize how bad I am still.

They all fit (barely), and everyone is running light. I just haven’t had a chance to run it yet.

Majestic space flap-flaps

(49) Major Vermeil
(1) Marksmanship
Points 50

(42) "Duchess"
(6) Shield Upgrade
(2) Predator
Points 50

(44) "Countdown"
(6) Shield Upgrade
Points 50

(44) "Pure Sabacc"
(6) Shield Upgrade
Points 50

Total points: 200

Banking on the Strikers forcing use of a green token before Vermeil takes his shots. Would love to throw Kallus + Marksmanship on that Reaper, for blank->hit->crit shenanigans, but it just doesn’t fit here without dropping a shield from someone.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thane got to face his dream list tonight; two TIE Bombers with Seismic Charges, and a ridiculously expensive RAC. Ten and Jake harassed RAC enough to get a damage on him by turn three, and Thane hung back at range two long enough to get four rounds of shooting. Blinded Pilot is nasty, Thane is nasty, he won't call you Janet.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Thanks for the awesome feedback everyone! I'm super keen to make this happen now. I've got a design for a template tray and templates too so that's in the works.

Finster Dexter posted:

I have access to a laser cutter, now, and was thinking about making some tokens and whatnots for myself. Are you planning to sell these, or would you be willing to share your templates or whatever?

I'm hoping to sell these, I'm going to put our some feelers and get some quotes to see how feasible it is. If I can't make it happen I'll get in touch and share the artwork because I'd rather it gets used than just sit around collecting dust.

Raged posted:

I would defiantly buy some of those tokens Kong. Everything there looks nice.

Are you going to Nats?

I'm gonna do my best to get there if I can!

Some Numbers posted:

I would love to get some of these, they look awesome.

Would you be selling them painted or unpainted? Are the shield tokens double sided?

Double sided for sure and painted is the goal.

agscala posted:

Awesome dude! I love these too and it's nice to see an alternative to acrylic. Do you know if they work with any non-American currency though?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Guys, I flew Double Defenders tonight and wrecked face with it.

Ryad with Lone Wolf + Advanced Sensors
Rexler with Juke + FCS

I didn't lose either ship in any game, although Ryad got down to one at the end of the last game. The only edit I'd make is putting Adv Sensors on Rexler instead of FCS.

Advanced Sensors on Defenders is stupid good. Sure, it stops you from getting the evade, but who cares about evade tokens if no one can shoot you.

However, this list plays long, long games. Bail any time someone has the potential to put a killbox on your ships. Defenders don't care about any one ship shooting them. Two might, maybe get a damage through. Three hurts. Never get shot by three or more ships. Run for the hills instead.

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Awesome dude! I love these too and it's nice to see an alternative to acrylic. Do you know if they work with any non-American currency though?

There's a whole section about non-American alternatives. One of those suggestions (washers) was a suggestion I made in a thread over on Reddit.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Aussie 5 cent pieces will work.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

ConfusedUs posted:

There's a whole section about non-American alternatives. One of those suggestions (washers) was a suggestion I made in a thread over on Reddit.

Raged posted:

Aussie 5 cent pieces will work.

Totally missed that, that'll teach me to post while at work.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ConfusedUs posted:

who cares about evade tokens if no one can shoot you.

However, this list plays long, long games. Bail any time someone has the potential to put a killbox on your ships. Defenders don't care about any one ship shooting them. Two might, maybe get a damage through. Three hurts. Never get shot by three or more ships. Run for the hills instead.

This should just be the primer for every Imperial ace, basically. Hell, every ace period, though obviously some ships are a lot better at it than others.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

The Gate posted:

This should just be the primer for every Imperial ace, basically. Hell, every ace period, though obviously some ships are a lot better at it than others.

Yeah that's pretty much how I fly Whisper and Soontir.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I had a drat fine time last night with Wedge, Adv ProTorps, and Predator, and 3xRed Squad Veteran with Elusive. Opponent was a pair of Brobots.

1st game, Brobot 1 died in round 2, and brobot 2 died in round 3. Second game was closer, because now he knew to fear 12 red dice at range 1, and made way better use of his bombs, but RED SQUAD RED SQUAD RED SQUAD still prevailed. I like it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

The Gate posted:

This is exactly how I don't fly aces and I really need to learn.

I'm always super aggro and I'll go for shots over survival and it's SO DUMB.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Gate posted:

Ryad with Advanced Sensors just felt wrong. Obviously she suffers against anything I5 or I6, but against anything that moves before she does? Not only should she never get shot, she should also get to shoot while doing it. That's something that most aces can't say. They usually have to choose between safety and shooting. Ryad really...didn't. It was kind of gross.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Yeah, Ryad with advanced sensors and especially Daredevil is nuts. There's a whole lot of places that ship can end up. Even if you have a PS advantage, you've got a lot of ground to cover of you're trying to guess where they'll end up

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Guri is in a similar space with Advanced Sensors with the slight advantage of being I5. Though with the big disadvantage of not being in a Tie/D

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Soontir also, thanks to I6 and being one of the only ships left that can double reposition. Though a fair amount of time you're firing unmodded dice. I did the dumb thing and tried to shoot at a scum party bus without carefully checking angles and got him killed in two rounds this week though. Zuckuss and 4-L0M are still nasty crew, and the Slaver starts at what would be 29 points in 1e. Lacking EU means I should have played smart and just blown past it, but :downs:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Another dumb list that I want to try:

Don't Talk to Me Or My Sons

(52) Soontir Fel
(4) Juke
Points 56

(72) Delta Squadron Pilot
Points 72

(72) Delta Squadron Pilot
Points 72

Total points: 200

Cause gently caress it, why not?

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

If a TIE Defender flies over a debris cloud, does it get the stress token before it can do the evade action (which it then can't do anymore)?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

polynominal-c posted:

If a TIE Defender flies over a debris cloud, does it get the stress token before it can do the evade action (which it then can't do anymore)?

Yes. On the other hand, if he flies over an asteroid, he can still perform the Full Throttle evade action.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Is it feasible to build a decent list with a Tie Advanced, 2 reapers, and the 2 tie fighters that came in the core?

I ahve the core, rebel and scum conversion kits if those cards help.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is it feasible to build a decent list with a Tie Advanced, 2 reapers, and the 2 tie fighters that came in the core?

I ahve the core, rebel and scum conversion kits if those cards help.

A decent starting point might be something like:

New Squadron

(70) Darth Vader
(12) Supernatural Reflexes
(3) Fire-Control System
Points 85

(45) "Vizier"
(3) 0-0-0
Points 48

(30) Seyn Marana
(1) Marksmanship
Points 31

(23) Academy Pilot
Points 23

Total points: 187

Crew on the Reaper can vary a lot, but if you don't have the Empire conversion kit yet you probably only have generics and whatever comes with the Reaper, which I forget. Krennic is in there, he's probably not bad. But anyway you have a good number of points to customize with from here.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

The Gate posted:

A decent starting point might be something like:

New Squadron

(70) Darth Vader
(12) Supernatural Reflexes
(3) Fire-Control System
Points 85

(45) "Vizier"
(3) 0-0-0
Points 48

(30) Seyn Marana
(1) Marksmanship
Points 31

(23) Academy Pilot
Points 23

Total points: 187

Crew on the Reaper can vary a lot, but if you don't have the Empire conversion kit yet you probably only have generics and whatever comes with the Reaper, which I forget. Krennic is in there, he's probably not bad. But anyway you have a good number of points to customize with from here.

Seyn with Marksmanship is like the best 31 points in the game in my opinion. Def. use her.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

What Imperial list should I fly tomorrow at our monthly tournament?

Soontir/Whisper/Duchess?
Whisper/Redline/Deathrain?
Ryad/Rexler?
OGP w/Sloane, 2x Strikers & 2x Interceptors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
2 strikers 3 interceptors and wampa