Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Halloween tickets for this Thursday secured. :skeltal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Fart City posted:

Well, I imagine that the crack “let’s turn an apex predator invisible” science team of Hollow Man burns through quite a few in a fiscal quarter.

Hey now, they had to make another gorilla invisible to hunt down the original invisible gorilla. It was perfectly reasonable.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Grendels Dad posted:

Hey now, they had to make another gorilla invisible to hunt down the original invisible gorilla. It was perfectly reasonable.

Food $200

Data $150

Rent $800

Gorillas $3,600

Utility $150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my ethically dangerous researching project is dying

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Fart City posted:

Food $200

Data $150

Rent $800

Gorillas $3,600

Utility $150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my ethically dangerous researching project is dying

Spend less on gorillas.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

M_Sinistrari posted:

Spend less on gorillas.

no

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Neo Rasa posted:

Halloween tickets for this Thursday secured. :skeltal:

Preview screening?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Preview screening?

I don't even know anymore. Like I know the official release date is Friday the 19th, but the Alamo here is selling tickets for multiple showings on Thursday so I guess it is but they're just treating it like the movie is out?

They're doing a Halloween night screening of Suspiria (2018) but that sold out in a few seconds. :/

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pre sales dawg. It comes out on the 18th, tickets just went on sale today.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Neo Rasa posted:

They're doing a Halloween night screening of Suspiria (2018) but that sold out in a few seconds. :/

After reading that I jumped to fandango to see in the sf Alamo was doing that, and they are! Got tickets but more of the good seats were already taken. Should still be awesome.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Man I can't keep up with all the good looking stuff appearing on Shudder. Satan's Slaves looks very promising.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dreadwroth posted:

The sequel was not quite as good, but theres some nice puppet work.
Im watching Mara right now, I kinda dig it but there's some real dumb plot stuff near the beginning.

The sequel isn't just not as good, it's horrible. The leads can't act, the sets look like Shakma, and the directing is awful. But the effects gags are top notch. This is because they had the effects guy direct the moive. :v:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Neo Rasa posted:

I don't even know anymore. Like I know the official release date is Friday the 19th, but the Alamo here is selling tickets for multiple showings on Thursday so I guess it is but they're just treating it like the movie is out?

Are you sure it's the 2018 movie? The original is getting a limited re-release this month - in the UK it's screening on the 10th and the 31st.

(E: making it obvious I mean Hallowe'en.)

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

The sequel isn't just not as good, it's horrible. The leads can't act, the sets look like Shakma, and the directing is awful. But the effects gags are top notch. This is because they had the effects guy direct the moive. :v:

SHAKMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jedit posted:

Are you sure it's the 2018 movie? The original is getting a limited re-release this month - in the UK it's screening on the 10th and the 31st.

I am 10,000% positive.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr.Caligari posted:

I think this is a common problem with Goblin pairings. Contamination has a soundtrack that the movie would never live up to. I haven’t seen some of the poliziotteschi they scored (The Heroin Busters) but I assume they have the same problem

My exposure to Goblin is admittedly almost nothing, but from what I heard in Deep Red it was fuckin' groovin'. I don't know if I should be bobbing my head during a horror film.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It is a thing of Goblin that some of their "scores" are just pre-existing tracks the movies used as score.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i have a 100 degree fever gimme ur fever dream horror movies i already seen lizard in womans skin

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

You sure get sick a lot.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lurdiak posted:

It is a thing of Goblin that some of their "scores" are just pre-existing tracks the movies used as score.

That makes perfect sense.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

i have a 100 degree fever gimme ur fever dream horror movies i already seen lizard in womans skin

All the colors of the dark
Wake in Fright
Possession
Night of the Devils
Tetsuo
La Orme

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Spatulater bro! posted:

You sure get sick a lot.

tell me about it dude it fuckin sucks wanna switch immune systems?

Tolkien minority posted:

Wake in Fright
Possession
Night of the Devils
Tetsuo
La Orme

Thanks! l'll put these on today

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Speaking of body horror and bugs, what are some good horror movies about parasitism?

In particular I don't just mean "just a zombie movie but the excuse is a parasite instead of a virus", I want stuff that's a little further afield, that really puts the relationship between the host and the invader front and center. Shivers is a great example, and if Stargate were horror then the Goa'ould would be right on target.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Tolkien minority posted:

Wake in Fright
Possession
Night of the Devils
Tetsuo
La Orme

Wake in Fright would be a hell of a fever movie.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I haven't even seen it, but I bet Mystics in Bali would be a hell of a sick day movie.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Kvlt! posted:

Mandy!

I want to watch something similar to Return of the Living Dead. Any recommendations?

Speaking of Dan O'Banon, I watched The Resurrected on Wednesday and I really enjoyed it. Some of the effects are really neat!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

rip young Kvlt, taken by the consumption so quickly in the night. We drained all that blood for nothing.

Ah well, perhaps we can sell his polio braces for meat pies

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Fart City posted:

rip young Kvlt, taken by the consumption so quickly in the night. We drained all that blood for nothing.

Ah well, perhaps we can sell his polio braces for meat pies

dude this had me cracking up so hard lol thanks for cheering me up

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Don’t forget to get the dope mondo pint glasses if you get tickets at the Alamo. They look rad.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
My Kong: Skull Island glass is one of my most treasured possessions.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Finally watched Inferno! Pretty good movie, I expected a little more craziness but it was still a ton of fun to watch. Great movie if you hate cats! They sure threw a ton of them at actors in this movie. Also that one song is a loving BANGER, it's a shame that the rest of the soundtrack can't really keep up.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Kvlt! posted:

Devil Fetus , Seeding of a Ghost , Boxers Omen.

Eat some chicken soup.

You're too thin.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Man I hated Creep 2 so so much

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Speaking of body horror and bugs, what are some good horror movies about parasitism?

In particular I don't just mean "just a zombie movie but the excuse is a parasite instead of a virus", I want stuff that's a little further afield, that really puts the relationship between the host and the invader front and center. Shivers is a great example, and if Stargate were horror then the Goa'ould would be right on target.

I am not going to claim it is good, but Parasyte: Part 1 and Part 2 might be what you're looking for if you don't mind foreign movies.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Maybe “good” isn’t the right term but Plankton owns

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

The Church (1989)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Biomute posted:

I am not going to claim it is good, but Parasyte: Part 1 and Part 2 might be what you're looking for if you don't mind foreign movies.

avoid these movies like the loving plague and read the excellent manga or watch the only marginally less excellent anime instead

it's basically "what if The Thing went global, one of the Things ended up in a weird spot, and decided to be bros with his host and fight evil"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
also, I watched Jigsaw, the reboot of the Saw series, last night

it's, surprisingly, totally fine. i might even be convinced to call it the best Saw by a mile; it gets a lot of mileage out of leaning into the goofiness and basically being a Friday the 13th movie with Jigsaw instead of Jason.

I also have to legit say "well played" at the twist. I lost my loving poo poo when Tobin Bell showed up because I had no clue he was coming back and I expected some dumb handwave about him not actually having died or being a ghost now or something. Then the actual twist with the split timelines happened and it was somehow even better than anything I could have hoped for.

e: also, seriously, can we get Tobin Bell in more and better horror movies before he gets too old? He's way too good of an actor to only be known as the Jigsaw Guy.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 6, 2018

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Kvlt! posted:

dude this had me cracking up so hard lol thanks for cheering me up

;-*

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

also, I watched Jigsaw, the reboot of the Saw series, last night

it's, surprisingly, totally fine. i might even be convinced to call it the best Saw by a mile; it gets a lot of mileage out of leaning into the goofiness and basically being a Friday the 13th movie with Jigsaw instead of Jason.

I also have to legit say "well played" at the twist. I lost my loving poo poo when Tobin Bell showed up because I had no clue he was coming back and I expected some dumb handwave about him not actually having died or being a ghost now or something. Then the actual twist with the split timelines happened and it was somehow even better than anything I could have hoped for.

e: also, seriously, can we get Tobin Bell in more and better horror movies before he gets too old? He's way too good of an actor to only be known as the Jigsaw Guy.

my only beef was they got rid of that gritty 2000s green filter griminess characteristic of Saw and made it look "clean" but yeah that twist was nuts and the movie was good

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kvlt! posted:

my only beef was they got rid of that gritty 2000s green filter griminess characteristic of Saw and made it look "clean" but yeah that twist was nuts and the movie was good

eh, I'm kinda of two minds on the look. like, i do associate that look with Saw pretty hard, but at the same time I've gotta admit Jigsaw just straight up looked better than any of the other movies as a result of ditching it. it also kinda works interestingly on a meta level, as a way of dividing the "old" Saw series that goes from the original to 3D and the "new" Saw series that Jigsaw's clearly trying to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Holy gently caress, Hereditary, holy gently caress.