Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I cleaned 66x3 (hail satan) then went onto some jerk work and did 70x3 easy peasy. I should just stick to OHP.

Really though I've been training with clean/jerk and snatch for only five months. It's challenging going from casual power lifting to the much more dynamic lifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Killing Loaf posted:

something chudly apparently

:psyduck:

Rip sucks, and his style of squatting fuckin sucks imo(although maybe it's okay I'm not an expert but i feel like being mean right now).

Juggernaut all the way. I hope CWS and his iconic boat shoes aren't terrible people.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Dr. Mikey Mike is an annoying libertarian and his Facebook page is full of snowflake mockery and minimizing of trans issues.

I don't know about CWS. He seems smart enough to keep his giant mouth shut. But I haven't looked.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
CWS is the coach of outed Nazi Brandon Allen and didn't make any comment about it iirc

I don't think him and Max are particularly political but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they have some lovely political views in private.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Inspiration for us all

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Anything with an overly macho culture like strength sports is going to attract a significant number of assholes.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
powerlifters seem to have the dumbest opinions

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I could take those bears.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Over a week off after tweaking my neck, now I've cut myself shaving and it won't stop bleeding.

Try again tomorrow...

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Not sure what that has to do with lifting but Godspeed

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I want to lift but my old, broken and now cut (in a bad way) body won't let me.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

When you say week off do you mean just not doing the thing that hurt or total rest?

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
A weak off is what all the swole buff dudes at my gym call having the new guys jerk you off to absorb your gain residue.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Brotein_Shake posted:

A weak off is what all the swole buff dudes at my gym call having the new guys jerk you off to absorb your gain residue.

Im not sure that’s a real gym, Brotein Shake

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Brotein_Shake posted:

you gotta suck the gains out of other guys dicks

otherwise how are you every gonna get ahead

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

My dudes I’ll remind you that this is the No CrossFit Zone

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

barkbell posted:

powerlifters seem to have the dumbest opinions

I used to enjoy watching the Hodgetwins but they seemed to have charged full speed ahead into some real MAGA Trump chud snowflake poo poo

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Cosmik Slop posted:

I used to enjoy watching the Hodgetwins but they seemed to have charged full speed ahead into some real MAGA Trump chud snowflake poo poo

They always seemed like complete idiots to me, not even slightly surprised

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Are there *any* vaguely leftwing famous lifters? It seems all of them either never talk about politics or are raging libertarian MAGA chuds

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I think clarence went vegan for moral reasons.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's the intoxicating idea that effort and hard work directly leads to success combined with the limited worldview of most small business owners, plus a career and lifestyle that relies on law enforcement's uncharacteristically gentle treatment of steroids

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
https://imgur.com/a/o58yAUH

well it's my two year anniversary of Actually Trying at lifting~~~~

135 to 185 lb, hopefully year three will be more progression. im not the biggest but feeling solid. time loving flies.

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 4, 2018

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Nice dude

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Guyver posted:

When you say week off do you mean just not doing the thing that hurt or total rest?

I can only do like 3 or 4 lifts at the best of times so when my neck hurts and I can't turn my head from side to side without a lot of warming up and stretching I don't bother going to the gym.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Uuuuuuugh I hate students and can’t wait until they leave the gym so we can go back to using it again. They’re all doing their circuits of baby weights on leg press and squat racks, making it impossible to use anything.

Edit and taking loving selfies.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

My new gym isn't as nice as my old one but there's a noticeable difference now that I'm not in a major college town. The few people that I even see there at night just want to get their poo poo done and go.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

Are there *any* vaguely leftwing famous lifters? It seems all of them either never talk about politics or are raging libertarian MAGA chuds

I dunno if he even talks about them but I didn't even bother mentioning him last night because I know for a fact my guy Nuckols is a fuckin saint. He's just too thoughtful and nice to have lovely views imo. I know that's a meme where it's like "hey don't look at your favorite person's political opinions or you'll be disappointed" but I'm sure that's not the case this time.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Dum Cumpster posted:

I think clarence went vegan for moral reasons.

There a lot of blood and soil type right wing vegans, i wouldnt read too much into that

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MikeCrotch posted:

There are probably a lot of them, but they just don't say anything. The other option is they just don't care about politics much and hold no real opinions on it. I can respect either stance given how ineffectual caring about politics has been for decades at this point.

If I had to guess on who's left leaning, I'd guess a lot of the stronger, younger guys who you never really see outside of their social media of choice where they're just working hard or goofing off, competitions, and maybe occasionally on reddit.

It's probably bad for business and their image to take any political stance as a lifter.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Oct 5, 2018

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
At 32 years I'm officially an old person in the gym to these youngins'. They all seem to venerate me, like I am some sort of gym spirit you need to respect

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
somehow its good for business to promote the wolves of vinland tho

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
First workout after a 3 week vacation and 1 week sickness. Fuuuuck this sucks so much.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

david carmichael posted:

There a lot of blood and soil type right wing vegans, i wouldnt read too much into that

Is nothing sacred?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
hitler was vegetarian

Khorne
May 1, 2002

barkbell posted:

somehow its good for business to promote the wolves of vinland tho
It's really not. That's the kind of thing that loses followers.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

LordArgh posted:

hitler was vegetarian

GET BEEFY

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

LordArgh posted:

hitler was vegetarian

this is not true

edit: maybe this is true?
edit edit: maybe it’s not true?

ham_sanitizer fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 5, 2018

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Mussolini only ate milk and crackers for a while, but that was because he had chronic stomachache and had to be weaned off them like a literal baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
tell me why i should keep squatting when i feel like i get more results from heavy rear end leg press

there's gotta be a reason but im so loving tired after that i can't be hosed to squat any numbers remotely decent. am i loving myself in some way even slightly?