Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Over There posted:

Holy poo poo it's not that bad. I'm assuming you're the type to not go out anywhere because a 5 minute drive is way too long.

If I have a 15 min break at work and want to get a game in it's just jarring and frustrating because I'm on the little "me" time. It isn't about it being "oh so much" as much as it is wildly inconvenient and serves nothing except the game's weird tone that it's all about this show that's on. It was a bad decision if it's 30 sec or 2 mins regardless, that doesn't make disliking it invalid.

Also, 5 minute drive? That's why I use uber eats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Bloop posted:

Well this is a discussion board so you are essentially saying one post of THIS SUCKS and then gas the thread because we don't have a press release from Nintendo about their reasoning.

I think it is incontrovertibly obvious that they decided not to do it based on cost/benefit because they are a big successful company, they obviously considered it, and they didn't do it. Admittedly talking about what the costs and benefits would be is conjecture but we didn't all fall off the turnip truck last night and we can probably guess pretty well.

I think assuming companies act in rational manner, especially with Nintendo, is kind of silly.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Nintendo patented a phone case with physical game boy controls that interface with the touch screen and a little window for gameplay

If they have a GBFLIX service for phone.... jizz I might

Fixed that for you?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

KingSlime posted:

Justify it how you will, you're still buying a party game in 2018 with crippled online features.

Thank you Nintendo for protecting us from standard, universal features other companies worked out, a decade ago or so?

E: yeah nintendo should force us into terrible experiences! Then we'll truly understand the magnitude of the blessings they have priveleged us with :gooncamp:

Ee: I will never pass up on an opportunity to use that emoji

Yeah you really got everyone who was jumping all over the place to say the online mode in Mario party was great. Really nailed all zero of those guys

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think assuming companies act in rational manner, especially with Nintendo, is kind of silly.

You suggest that they did a cost/benefit and then did the thing that looked worse or perhaps that they just threw darts at a should we/ shouldn't we board?

I mean, I said they may be wrong in their assessment but I personally doubt it. Statistically zero people are choosing not to buy a Switch over this.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Getting some harsh lag on Mariothon. Like the game just stops every 5 seconds for a second. But I mean, I know that’s gonna be handled differently from host to host.

Still, it handles it poorly.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Here is exactly what happened:

Nintendo wanted to add online to Mario Party. Someone had really bad gas. Due to how much they farted the rest of online was never finished.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Bloop posted:

You suggest that they did a cost/benefit and then did the thing that looked worse or perhaps that they just threw darts at a should we/ shouldn't we board?

I mean, I said they may be wrong in their assessment but I personally doubt it. Statistically zero people are choosing not to buy a Switch over this.

I don’t know their reasoning and find no real reason to pretend to.

As it’s not relevant or important

And I have no way to know. They could have made a cost benefit analysis, or a dev just didn’t like the idea. Both are possible

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Bloop posted:

This the company that named a new 3DS model New 3DS and called a console Wii U

Also what statistics?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

pixaal posted:

Here is exactly what happened:

Nintendo wanted to add online to Mario Party. Someone had really bad gas. Due to how much they farted the rest of online was never finished.

This is now canon

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Yeah you really got everyone who was jumping all over the place to say the online mode in Mario party was great. Really nailed all zero of those guys

So nobody in the history of this thread has ever implied or outright stated that limited online in Mario Party is actually a good thing? Or made similar arguments when some well intentioned soul wanders in and asks why basic feature x is missing from their new toy?

Hint: try turning your monitor on

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Like I use a loving computer.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I never really get lag problems in online games. I wonder if, because I use a wired connection that's really stable, whatever matchmaking service there is just makes me host, so everything runs smoothly for me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yo why are there no posts saying how much people are enjoying Mario Party. What the gently caress.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RCarr posted:

Yo why are there no posts saying how much people are enjoying Mario Party. What the gently caress.

I’m gonna play it this weekend with some old friends. It’s going to own.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

RCarr posted:

Not really a game you buy and bust out for hours on end by yourself. It's more Saturday Drunk Night type of game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lus what do you really say about MP.

You don’t really talk about party games

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah it's not even the weekend yet

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It’s a 30 second delay on an hour timer

Every person demanding to play Mario Party online should be forced by Nintendo to play a random online Mario party match with the other players all being ten years old. I’m telling you now your online Mario Party wish is a monkey’s paw wish cause you’d never finish a game from rage quits or people would wander off during a round as they’re losing and you’d have people purposely loving up mini games it they are on the same team as the person in the lead

I didn't say I wanted to play Mario Party with random people. I don't care about matchmaking. I want to be able to play the game online with people I know, who are on my friends list, presumably while we chat in discord or something.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Alright, your complaints have encouraged me to add proper online support to Mario Party.

Give me a few minutes to learn how to code and fabricate a resume so Nintendo will hire me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

Alright, your complaints have encouraged me to add proper online support to Mario Party.

Give me a few minutes to learn how to code and fabricate a resume so Nintendo will hire me.

Idiot.

If you can fabricate the resume you don't need to learn how to code

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Idiot.

If you can fabricate the resume you don't need to learn how to code

Just for that I’m gonna double the length of the Splatoon 2 map intro.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

You're just creating more localization jobs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

You're just creating more localization jobs.

Nintendo’s incompetence is a net positive on our economy.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Super Mario Party is great! I've tried out Mario Party, Partner Party, River Survival, Sound Stage, and Challenge Road, and they all own.

Also unlocked Dry Bones early on. I think his die works really well with Luigi's die in Partner Party. You either move at a decent pace, a very good pace, or get same-number bonus as a consolation prize.

akiyba
Jan 28, 2009
Well crap. Finding out my right joycon's motion controls don't work when trying to play SMP sucks. It fails the calibration everytime. Buttons and stick work fine.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Folt The Bolt posted:

Super Mario Party is great! I've tried out Mario Party, Partner Party, River Survival, Sound Stage, and Challenge Road, and they all own.

Also unlocked Dry Bones early on. I think his die works really well with Luigi's die in Partner Party. You either move at a decent pace, a very good pace, or get same-number bonus as a consolation prize.

How do you unlock characters again? I played four out of five modes and I think I didnt get any characters.

Still enjoyed being Goomba, despite his dice no longer effecting a bonus star.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

akiyba posted:

Well crap. Finding out my right joycon's motion controls don't work when trying to play SMP sucks. It fails the calibration everytime. Buttons and stick work fine.

Long shot but did you try updating?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The Reporter from Rhythm Heaven is my Waifu.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Completely slipped my mind of friends only games in Mario Party and yes that would make sense. That would be cool as hell. People would bitch and moan about full games being friends only but friends only full games, friends and randoms mini games would be the best options for online

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mega64 posted:

Add the Splatoon 2 map intro to Super Mario Party.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nep-Nep posted:

Add the Splatoon 2 map intro to Super Mario Party.

Add Splatoon 2 to Super Mario Party!

akiyba
Jan 28, 2009

Beastie posted:

Long shot but did you try updating?

Everything's up to date. Just got off phone with Nintendo. Gotta send it in. Warranty had 20 days left

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

akiyba posted:

Everything's up to date. Just got off phone with Nintendo. Gotta send it in. Warranty had 20 days left

If a Nintendo service rep ever tells you they can't fix the joycons, kindly inform them they have to because it's their fault a known issue isn't solved. Then ask for a manager. You should never have to pay to get them repaired, gently caress the warranty.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

bushisms.txt posted:

If a Nintendo service rep ever tells you they can't fix the joycons, kindly inform them they have to because it's their fault a known issue isn't solved. Then ask for a manager. You should never have to pay to get them repaired, gently caress the warranty.

I thought that was just for the connectivity issue

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

RCarr posted:

Amazon hosed up their inventory and a lot of people have delayed shipments now

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

jivjov posted:

I thought that was just for the connectivity issue

Gyro drifting and weak signal are symptoms of the same problem.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there any way to set up a button combo security screen?

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Amazon hosed up their inventory and a lot of people have delayed shipments now

I would like 3 posts saying that Amazon always fucks up their game orders on delivery day and then two that say they’ve been doing it for years and their games always arrive on launch day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Super Mario Party feels like it was made in the highest Nintendo Laboratory, and feels like an enhanced version of Mario Party 64