Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ben Nevis posted:

You can check a teams depth chart. There's a Fantasy Plus extension in Chrome that adds a WR1, RB2, or whatever to ESPN, Yahoo and Fleaflicker. Sometimes that distinction isn't as meaningful. Thompson is nominally the RB2, for example, but he's going to be the RB catching passing every time in Washington. To add, WR1, WR2, and WR3 aren't always useful. Like there's basically always 2 WR out there. Some teams, like the Rams, are using 3 WR almost every play.

Some combination of depth charts and snap count data should help:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

vvv yeah, ourlads is my favorite for depth charths and they update quickly

Azhais fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
For depth charts, I use ourlads because it's much easier to deal with

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!
^^^^^
edit: Thanks, I'll check it out.

Azhais posted:

Some combination of depth charts and snap count data should help:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

vvv yeah, ourlads is my favorite for depth charths and they update quickly

JESUS! those are some sheets. It going to take me the rest of the season to understand how to use this data. I love it!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Kamakaze9 posted:

Oh ok, thanks! I had checked the Cincinnati depth chart because it sounded like what I was looking for. Turns out it was but just wouldn't load on my phone. And why is Thompson going to be catching passing every time? And is that something you know from experience or did they come out and say it somewhere?

Cause Peterson doesn't catch passes. He never really has. So even though Thompson is the RB2, he's got a defined roll in the offense of "Pass catching running back" that's going to get him some points even while Peterson is healthy. Tevin Coleman, Tarik Cohen, Buck Allen and some other guys have similar roles. It's different from a guy like Chase Edmonds who is RB2, but he's not going to see the ball unless David Johnson is taking a breather or gets injured. Basically, opportunity is different for guys who have the same role on a depth chart.

And Azhais raises a great point. Snap count is handy. A guy who is on the field is more valuable than a guy who's not. If you see a players snap count increasing over the course of a season, he might be a good speculative stash, even if the catches and carries aren't there quite yet.

Edit to add: This plays into the handcuff thing you were asking about earlier. One distinction here (in my mind) is that Edmonds is a handcuff, because he has little to no value while DJ is healthy, but a guy like Thompson or Coleman isn't, they'll have a place in the offense whether the RB1 is healthy. They have standalone value and and also generally won't take over a job if the starter goes down. If Peterson goes down, Thompson probably doesn't get every carry, it becomes an ugly backfield with Peterson's role going to Fat Rob and/or Perine. Thompson will still be there catching passes though.

Ben Nevis fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 5, 2018

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Doppelganger posted:

Ok, absolutely nobody is trading. With the team above, should I drop Cooper for a waiver trash TE, or just eat the 0 at the position this week? 1/2 ppr, currently 2-2.

Drop Butker and take a 0 there instead

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm 0-4 in my dynasty league, but I am only 2 games back from a playoff spot. I'm pretty confident I will make it in. Am I crazy?

1 PPR
Starting Lineup: QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/3FLEX

My team:

QB: Rivers, Goff, Luck
RB: Mixon, Ingram, Michel, Lindsay, Hines, Morris, Walton
WR: AB, Hopkins, Jeffery, Robinson, D. Thomas, Crabtree, R. Anderson, Funchess, Westbrook, J. Grant, Parker, Treadwell, St. Brown
TE: Ebron, Seals-Jones

I'm asking because I just bet my buddy $250 that I'd make the playoffs :)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Suave Fedora posted:

I consider myself lucky that these are my TEs across my three leagues.

Yeah I managed to get both Ebron and (Jared) Cook in the later rounds and was surprised that people didn't see their heavy use coming. Absolutely should've either started Ebron or put him in the flex, 30+ points already down the drain because I talked myself into Cook having a big game this week. For guys who weren't that much on the radar they sure are putting up points

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly? I think the chances that an athletic and talented WR who was traded into a high power offense has a better chance of being an elite WR1 than a 33 year old TE coming off of injury will outscore Njoku.

I don't think taking the 0 is an option. If I drop Olsen now I can still grab the Patriots DST, or I can wait until Sunday and still get something like the Texans, Jets, or Bengals.

I like the Jets defense against Denver this week, out of those three I'd take the Jets. And yes I would drop Olsen before Njoku in a heartbeat.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I'm waffling on starting D Freeman (@PIT) on his first game back from injury. Is he worth starting over the likes of

Collins (@CLE)
K Johnson (v GB)
Ekeler (v OAK)

1 PPR, and FWIW Mixon (v MIA) is my other RB. It's his first game back too, but I'm more confident in his health and usage than Freeman.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

The Zack posted:

I'm waffling on starting D Freeman (@PIT) on his first game back from injury. Is he worth starting over the likes of

Collins (@CLE)
K Johnson (v GB)
Ekeler (v OAK)

1 PPR, and FWIW Mixon (v MIA) is my other RB. It's his first game back too, but I'm more confident in his health and usage than Freeman.

I'd start both Freeman and Mixon honestly.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Zack posted:

Collins (@CLE)
K Johnson (v GB)
Ekeler (v OAK)

This one's tough because we have no idea how he's going to be used. Coming off injury he could have a snap count and you wouldn't know until too late. Also the Falcons have been running the ball really well with Coleman and pretty well with Ito Smith too. I feel like at least for this week it's gonna be a committee thing. They won't want to reinjure and they still have some decent other options. I could be completely wrong about that but it makes sense.

I have no idea what's going on with Collins but I wouldn't start him. He's been fumbling so I would be wary that the coaches might be punishing him for that this week by restricting his touches. Even when he doesn't fumble he can't find open space.

Ekeler will probably have a pretty good game, Oakland defense is pretty trash, gives up tons of points to RBs and Rivers has been loving to use Ekeler to get down the field. The risk for me would be him getting decent yards but no touchdowns, but I can also picture him having a massive game.

Kerryon Johnson is risky but I like the pick. He just looks quick and good, his points have been increasing steadily, I feel like he's due for a big game, and the Green Bay defense has gotten manhandled by the run twice this season. Blount is a clear second to Kerryon who I would call the Lions RB1 now, and Riddick isn't getting that many snaps either. Clearly this guy's star is rising and I can imagine that Detroit will want to get him as many touches as possible. On the negative side, if Green Bay comes out with an early lead and stops some runs I could see Detroit pretty much abandoning the run. Johnson is solid in the passing game too though.

It's a tough decision but for me, without knowing what the Falcons plan for Freeman, I'd probably go with Mixon and Ekeler or Johnson, with Ekeler a safer consistent choice and Johnson with home run potential.

Play fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 5, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Play posted:

I like the Jets defense against Denver this week, out of those three I'd take the Jets. And yes I would drop Olsen before Njoku in a heartbeat.

The Texans also seem tempting.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Play posted:

It's a tough decision but for me, without knowing what the Falcons plan for Freeman, I'd probably go with Mixon and Ekeler or Johnson, with Ekeler a safer consistent choice and Johnson with home run potential.

Thanks (to VietCampo as well). I didn't realize this wasn't the sit/start thread, so I'll copy my question there.

As for the ATL backfield, I have Coleman in another league and it seems like both RBs are better when both are healthy and playing. Are there any data to support this?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Play posted:

Are you going with the Jets? They're on the Waiver Wire, but I thought the Broncos would be the better defense play of that matchup. Should I swap?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Vargo posted:

Are you going with the Jets? They're on the Waiver Wire, but I thought the Broncos would be the better defense play of that matchup. Should I swap?

I don't think there are going to be a lot of points scored in that game. Either is a good pick this week

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Vargo posted:

Yeah I like to switch defenses around frequently because usually you can find a decent matchup each weak. I'd say between the Broncos and the Jets it's basically a toss up. I don't expect too much offense in that game and the highest scoring defense will be the one that gets more interceptions and sacks. If I had to choose I guess I'd take Denver due to their superior d line and how well they played against the Chiefs. But either is a good choice imo

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

The Zack posted:

Thanks (to VietCampo as well). I didn't realize this wasn't the sit/start thread, so I'll copy my question there.

As for the ATL backfield, I have Coleman in another league and it seems like both RBs are better when both are healthy and playing. Are there any data to support this?

Data? Dunno. But I can tell you this is absolutely true. Freeman is the better all around back and will be relied upon more heavily if healthy, but Freeman rolling opens things up for Tevin much more.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Zack posted:

The RotoViz Splits App is an invaluable fantasy football tool. Here's Freeman with and without Coleman and vice versa

Just FYI:
The *ONLY* caveat with the Splits app is that passing TDs are 5 PPTD, to split the difference between 4 and 6 pt leagues.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 6, 2018

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Perfect, thanks. So, Freeman is better with Coleman, and Coleman is better on his own. That leads me to believe ATL will use Freeman fully. I think I'm going to roll with him.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

The RotoViz Splits App is an invaluable fantasy football tool. Here's Freeman with and without Coleman and vice versa

Just FYI:
The *ONLY* caveat with the Splits app is that passing TDs are 5 PPTD, to split the difference between 4 and 6 pt leagues.

This is really cool, thanks for sharing! Did you just happen to pick 2011 for the start? Free was drafted in 14 and Teco a year later.

Either way very cool...

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

This is really cool, thanks for sharing! Did you just happen to pick 2011 for the start? Free was drafted in 14 and Teco a year later.

Either way very cool...

Think 2011 is just the default starting year as it usually does it by decades? So if it was 2020, i think it'd default to 2011-2020 splits

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Either way very cool...

I wonder what happens if you exclude 2014 (his rookie year). My bet is his low rookie usage skews the without down.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Zauper posted:

I wonder what happens if you exclude 2014 (his rookie year). My bet is his low rookie usage skews the without down.

That case wouldn't have an effect since Tevin Coleman wouldn't be on the team yet. Unless you meant disregard Coleman's rookie year. I'm pretty sure that takes into account players in the split not even on team.

edit: nvm it doesn't huh, could've remember it did.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 6, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Either way very cool...

Oh yeah it's just the default setting. I didn't touch it at all since it was a "with/without throughout the career" question

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
My trade for Hopkins went through so i have an open roster spot now, i grabbed Donta Foreman and put him in my IR slot first, but i still have a slot to fill for now.

These are p much my best options currently in 1 PPR

Callaway, Sanu, Snead, and Ryan Grant.

Latavius Murray is also available and could grab him as a handcuff to my Cook. I could also grab Dalton to stash for bye, but my starter is Cousins and he has a late bye week.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Zauper posted:

Yeah he was stuck behind the corpse of Steven Jackson his rookie year and didn't touch the ball a lot. Tevin didn't really either but I wanna say he had like 30-40 more carries than Freeman his rookie year.

Basically it comes down to Freeman is the better rusher especially between the tackles, capable reciever but doesn't have the top end speed Coleman has. If Freeman is healthy, he should see plenty of touches this week and beyond.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Excluding 2014 does change things quite a bit, I should have doublechecked the S-Jax thing, because I honestly forgot he was on the Falcons

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm not even gonna ask sit/start about this. Just wanted to note that my WRs for this week (starting 2) are

Will Fuller Q
Keke Coutee Q
Geronimo Allison Q
Larry Fitzgerald Q
Keenan Allen (surprisingly not Q!?)

Nabbed Coutee off waivers in case Fuller can't go, so naturally he's got a hammy injury too. :toot: Not the worst assembly of talent in the world, just a bit irked at the injuries.

Is Derrick Henry a safe drop in .5 ppr or does anyone think I could trade him for someone else's bench garbage?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

VietCampo posted:

My trade for Hopkins went through so i have an open roster spot now, i grabbed Donta Foreman and put him in my IR slot first, but i still have a slot to fill for now.

These are p much my best options currently in 1 PPR

Callaway, Sanu, Snead, and Ryan Grant.

Latavius Murray is also available and could grab him as a handcuff to my Cook. I could also grab Dalton to stash for bye, but my starter is Cousins and he has a late bye week.

Well none of those are great, so unless you really need a mediocre contributor right away I'd take a look at Callaway. He's had some bad drops but I feel like he's gonna be used more as time goes on and he's very much due for some deep touchdown catches. His target rate is acceptable, he catches a lot of intermediate to deep passes and you gotta figure Mayfield will start hooking up with him a bit more. Without Josh Gordon he is the main big play threat on the Browns.

If you've only got the one QB Dalton wouldn't be a bad choice either, it would just give you a little flexibility to put in the guy facing the weakest defense

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'm spoiled for choice on RBs this week and I ain't got a clue who to play between David Johnson, Engram, Devonta, Ajayi, and Chris Thompson.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

someone dropped marvin jones in a league with short benches, im not missing anything other than he was questionable for this week and on bye next week and that guy being kind of loaded at WR right? like he's still startable even with golladay emerging?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

someone dropped marvin jones in a league with short benches, im not missing anything other than he was questionable for this week and on bye next week and that guy being kind of loaded at WR right? like he's still startable even with golladay emerging?

Depends on what you’re rolling out as your team this week

I’m starting Golladay but between Jones and Tate and him who knows what’s going to happen with Lions receivers

GibbonTrainer
Apr 19, 2010
I’ve been offered Hyde for Breida. My RB corps is currently Bell, Fournette, Conner, Yeldon, Hines and Breida. Foolish to accept when I should focus on shifting my handcuffs?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

GibbonTrainer posted:

I’ve been offered Hyde for Breida. My RB corps is currently Bell, Fournette, Conner, Yeldon, Hines and Breida. Foolish to accept when I should focus on shifting my handcuffs?

Hyde is going to lose snaps to Nick Chubb because he's younger and better, snd Duke Johnson because he's a pass catching security blanket.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Hyde is going to lose snaps to Nick Chubb because he's younger and better, snd Duke Johnson because he's a pass catching security blanket.

Counterpoint: The justification for Hyde losing touches is Hue Jackson saying so, and he's incompetent.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

GibbonTrainer posted:

Scoring format? At least for PPR/HPPR that kind feels like a lateral move to me.

Edit: looking into it more, Hyde is probably the better get but not by a whole ton I think. :shrug:

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 7, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

GibbonTrainer posted:

You're somehow selling low on Breida. Conner and Yeldon are medium term options for your backs being out. Hyde could lose his job soon. that leaves you in a month with JACRB, PITRB, part time Hines and a part time Hyde. Do not do this trade.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I neeed help with my 2 WR slots and flex in .5 ppr 12 team

WR 1 - Brandon Cooks
WR 2 - Tate @ GB
Flex - Watkins @ JAX

I want to swap Watkins out....and maybe Tate? But i think Tate stays.... I have:

Kupp @ SEA
Stills @ CIN
Cooper @ LAC

So I'm thinking Cooper for Watkins but ugh Cooper has laid a few eggs this year already

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
wrong thread

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Plebian Parasite posted:

I'm spoiled for choice on RBs this week and I ain't got a clue who to play between David Johnson, Engram, Devonta, Ajayi, and Chris Thompson.

I'd go DJ and Ingram in most scoring formats. DJ is good and the only guy there, and Ingram is fresh and was a monster last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Waroduce posted:

I neeed help with my 2 WR slots and flex in .5 ppr 12 team

WR 1 - Brandon Cooks
WR 2 - Tate @ GB
Flex - Watkins @ JAX

I want to swap Watkins out....and maybe Tate? But i think Tate stays.... I have:

Kupp @ SEA
Stills @ CIN
Cooper @ LAC

So I'm thinking Cooper for Watkins but ugh Cooper has laid a few eggs this year already

I'd stick with Tate because he gets the volume and was on fire last week.
Flex I'd go Kupp because he's gonna get a lot of looks and Rams look like their gonna score a ton