Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Marv Wolfman's writing a barbarian JL thing called "Primal Age"
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/04/dc-meet-the-publishers-panel-nycc-recap/

I guess they didn't show the comic off, but they did show the line of Masters of the Universe type toys based on it (or the other way around).
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/04/dc-primal-age-funko-exclusive-amazon/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
That sounds goofy in the best ways.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

catlord posted:

That sounds goofy in the best ways.

It's no less goofy than those Batman toy tie-ins where Val Kilmer Batman apparently needed volcano or space gear to defeat Jim Carrey's space conquest goals. I'm convinced the toy-universe are a numbered alternate universe in themselves where Batman is even more prepared than usual.

What's the best and most complete reading order website these days?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

frodnonnag posted:

Get shot in the head and suddenly you're competing with Jason for the '2edgy4u' title of shittiest robin. This new nightwing is terrible.

So this was my initial take as well, then I reread it. And reread it again (ok fine I was just admiring the art) and yeah, its NOT Dick. But that's what he's been trying to tell everybody the whole issue. He is not that guy, he doesn't know that guy, he doesn't know that guy's friends, and he doesn't care he just wants to live his normal guy life. And I gotta say, if I woke up in a hospital bed with no idea wtf was going on, shot in the head with all the damage that entails, and had a bunch of people I didn't recognize telling me I had this secret life as a superhero and by the way its why I got shot, I'd probably be all 'the gently caress is this you people are fuckin' crazy I'm out' too, not having any context.

He doesn't seem particularly edgy, drinking problem and frequenting dive bars aside. He helps out the lady in the diner when she's robbed, he leaves money in the places he squats in to cover expenses and a nice little thank you note. He's a bit curt with Barbara but its obviously not their first conversation and she's nothing if not persistent. Yeah he's basically a drifter who only lives in the present making really bad choices but he's got no memory, no idea who he is, he knows he's a 20something gypsy circus orphan who was raised by a crazy rich guy and his stuffy English butler who trained him from childhood to jump around on rooftops and fight psychopaths until it almost got him killed. And apparently the crazy rich guy did it three more times. Now he's got a constant headache and his memory's swiss cheese and he lives his life in snapshots with blank spots in between and he's feeling overwhelmed enough dealing with all that without all these costume-wearing freaks trying to drag him back into their crazy people war on crime. He has no life skills that he knows of and even if he did its pretty certain his blackouts would preclude him being able to hold down any kind of a steady job, much less jump around on rooftops fighting crime. So he's basically just ghosting through life.

Also on my second read-through I noticed this which I'd missed before:

Look who's lurking, watching over him. That makes me feel a bit better, like Bruce isn't just washing his hands of his kid. Babs has obviously been bugging him when she can find him. I'd love to know how much time has passed though, its gotta be several weeks at least.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If it's been weeks he'd have hair.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dishwasher posted:

It's no less goofy than those Batman toy tie-ins where Val Kilmer Batman apparently needed volcano or space gear to defeat Jim Carrey's space conquest goals. I'm convinced the toy-universe are a numbered alternate universe in themselves where Batman is even more prepared than usual.

What's the best and most complete reading order website these days?

This one is pretty good.
https://comicbookreadingorders.com/

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

If it's been weeks he'd have hair.

Not if he's keeping it shaved.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Parallax posted:

has there been a major teen/kid Green Lantern? with all the different legacy characters I'm surprised if GL hasn't had one by now. Kyle is the closest, but even he was more of a young adult than a "kid"

During Flash and Green Lantern: Brave and the Bold #2 Wally West was temporarily a Green Lantern named "Kid Lantern."

I know it's not major but I'll take any chance I can to shill that series because it's great.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1048274255530663936

EDIT: And BC has some gossip about the whole bat penis debacle

quote:

Well, DC Comics has a new President in town, Pamela Lifford. And the Batpenis basically landed on her desk in her first days of office. Yesterday at NYCC, Jim Lee called it a ‘production error’ but that is disputed by people closer to the comic, who tell me that it was always intended to be this way and was signed off like this.

And suddenly lots of DC’s comic books are under the microscope. And they’re not just looking for penises but anything that may frighten the horses. Bad language, overly violent scenes, political references, whatever can be jumped on. The main line of DC Comics characters has had a loosening of language of late, the likes of bullshit, piss, rear end, bollocks and the like have appeared in non-mature readers titles of late. The suggestion and innuendo has also upped its levels too. I am told to look for that to be dialled back a lot.

As for the rest of the Black Label line, that is especially under the microscope and I am told to expect some bowlderisation going on there too. And creators and editors are not happy about the increased interference in their titles – or the expected interference – and the amends being demanded. Some are wondering why they are doing it for DC in the first place. There is division and dissent among the ranks, and looking at Warners to blame for this new puritanism that has suddenly descended upon the publisher. After all, Walmart might not want to get into bed with the Batpenis people…

And at ground zero for the many demands of changes is Batman: Damned #2 – which apparently featured more Batpenises. It wasn’t just a one-off. These have now been censored, the art changes explaining the second issue’s month delay.

As for why Batman Damned #1 wasn’t reprinted, even censored? Apparently, I am told that was down to an original agreement with Brian Azzarello, that DC Comics wouldn’t censor the art in Batman Damned after publication. At the time, I am told that was down to Brian’s fear that the final page of Batman Damned, featuring a statue of the crucified Jesus Christ painted to look like the Joker would so upset people that they would demand it be changed, This is also why the final page was not included in Batman Damned previews.

But it turned out that no one gave a toss about that, it was all about the Batpenis. And stores tell me they could have sold two, three, four times their number they ordered of the comic, even with a severed Batpenis, after all the fuss.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 5, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And more reveals from Johns' panel

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1048279546749964288

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1048276832670420992

I hate that Jason's costume is just a Robin costume with the jacket and the helmet overlayed on top of it. Jason grew out of the Robin identity a long time ago to become his own man. So this feels like a regression of his character.

And if it Johns was involved in it, it shows a basic misunderstanding of Jason's character that doesn't bode well for Jason's role in the story.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

quote:

And the Batpenis basically landed on her desk in her first days of office. 

Ugh another celebrity sex scandal

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Thanks this will do nicely.

Also, that shot of Batman in the background looking after his kid gives me the fuzzies. As a newly wayward guy myself also going through a period of weird hair, listlessness, and a drinking problem, I also have people looking on that I know won't give up on me as well.

We gonna get through this weird detour, Rick. :unsmith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

“You’re going to learn about the characters and see things unfold about each of them that will change your perception on who they are and what they think of each other.” Johns excitedly explained, “You’re going to get to know Jason in a deeper way than you have in the past. Our goal is to explore these characters emotionally.”

Oh boy

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...carousel-186676

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017
Did Scott Snyder block Geoff from using Snyder’s New 52 Joker in Three Jokers? He was clearly one of the 3 in the first few teases for the story and was shown in DC Rebirtth special.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Top Gun posted:

Did Scott Snyder block Geoff
lol

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I can't believe I'm seeing some argument that there should be a fourth joker

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm telling you there's at least 52.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I'm actually not sure what the plot of Three Jokers is supposed to be. They've talked about specific scenes and characters, but I can't remember hearing any overarching story besides the basic premise of there being three Jokers. I mean, Doomsday Clock gave us some idea of what it would look like, but unless Three Jokers is entirely about the three Jokers being catty about the others borrowing their clothes, I couldn't tell you a thing about it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's just a Three Stooges bit but with all three replaced by the Joker and they might just learn a thing or two about friendship along the way.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Ahem. Clearly since there are four suites in a card deck there should be a Joker for each one.

The Joker of Hearts who was the Joker who focused on pranks and humor
The Joker of Diamonds who was the Joker specializing in elaborate thefts
The Joker of Clubs, the one who clubbed Jason Todd to death.
And the mysterious Joker of Spades... what secret could this elusive fourth Joker hold?!

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Ahem. Clearly since there are four suites in a card deck there should be a Joker for each one.

The Joker of Hearts who was the Joker who focused on pranks and humor
The Joker of Diamonds who was the Joker specializing in elaborate thefts
The Joker of Clubs, the one who clubbed Jason Todd to death.
And the mysterious Joker of Spades... what secret could this elusive fourth Joker hold?!

yeah except there’s one joker in a deck of cards

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Parallax posted:

Thus why there was previously one Joker, but these new Jokers have TAKEN OVER THE DECK!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ImpAtom posted:

He's black?
Make him The Joker That Bats

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Just popping in to appreciate the thread title.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Parallax posted:

Two. Usually decks have two.

Also holy poo poo Taters is still alive!!!! It's a blast from the past

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Three Jokers prediction : Batman straight up murders two of them and freaks out the bat family

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Flash Year One by Williamson

https://www.newsarama.com/42232-the-flash-year-one-coming-in-2019.html?utm_source=notification

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I like the cover where he's on a giant pile of sneakers.

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Three Jokers prediction : Batman straight up murders two of them and freaks out the bat family

It’s black label so he unzips his pants and shows them the bat wang

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Skwirl posted:

I like the cover where he's on a giant pile of sneakers.

Is that stink coming off all those sneakers?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

wdarkk posted:

Is that stink coming off all those sneakers?

The Stink Force

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bleeding Cool posted:

Jason is wearing the jacket one of Joker’s thugs was wearing the night Joker shot Babs.

And here I thought the Outlaw was edgy :cripes:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And here I thought the Outlaw was edgy :cripes:

edit:
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1048686414030929920
https://twitter.com/Joe_Quinones/status/1048713192229261312

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 7, 2018

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Joe Q? I’m on board.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Any women in the creative crews?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno about these Wonder books but if you missed recent news, G Willow Wilson is Wonder Woman's next writer and Kelly Sue Deconnick is taking over Aquaman.

edit: Nope. No ladies on Wonder Comics: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/brian-michael-bendis-reveals-details-of-his-new-wonder-comics-line
But here's me learning that Mark Russell is writing a Wonder Twins comic: :toot:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Oct 7, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Wonder Twins are hilarious to me because Jayna can turn into any animal, including alien animals, so basically anything at all and Zan can turn into, uhm,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r8CBl6dwl4

Their JLU episode was pretty good though.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

Their JLU episode was pretty good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PRJnLBva3w&t=27s

Indeed!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mehhh, it was no gopher moat.

(I’m on the world’s shittiest WiFi and I can’t even get Youtube to play the video [and don’t want to post a link without knowing it’s the right one], so if you haven’t seen it go to YouTube, search for Wonder Twins Gopher Moat, and enjoy. There are 3 or 4 videos in the series.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Nonvalueadded User posted:

Mehhh, it was no gopher moat.

(I’m on the world’s shittiest WiFi and I can’t even get Youtube to play the video [and don’t want to post a link without knowing it’s the right one], so if you haven’t seen it go to YouTube, search for Wonder Twins Gopher Moat, and enjoy. There are 3 or 4 videos in the series.)

I got your back, fam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mhbxlz_wrI