Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

faptown posted:

Especially bone dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kaubocks posted:

gonna need you to tell me the head pants and boots, thanks

Kaubocks no.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Kaubocks posted:

either i'm doing better than i give myself credit for or a lot of other players are very bad

9 times out of 10 the answer is going to be both

edit: Isn't it a thing on primal where they tank bone dragon in the back of the arena for some loving reason?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Alakaiser posted:

9 times out of 10 the answer is going to be both

edit: Isn't it a thing on primal where they tank bone dragon in the back of the arena for some loving reason?

Mr Happy has a lot to pay for.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

What makes Mr Happy so terrible, besides his guides being more long winded than they need to.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Long winded, poorly explained, often inaccurate.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I seem to disagree with the game on what grimores and codices should look like; they always seem to want a bunch of stuff attached, and I just want a book that's really big. So I almost always use Medica Thavnairia.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

There needs to be an ingame SMN/SCH weapon that's just the Encyclopedia Eorzea.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
There needs to be one that's just page 64 or Byblos with a vaguely demonic head peeking out of the pages when you flip it open to fight. (As opposed to a whole glowing dragon-thing.)

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Kuvo posted:

galaxy brain guide:
- wall pull
- drop into deliverance
- 9 decimates
- out dps the dps

:hmmyes:

Doing 3x WAR + WHM EXDR runs is the only way I want to run EXDR ever again.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ChaseSP posted:

What makes Mr Happy so terrible, besides his guides being more long winded than they need to.

long winded, rushed so he can get the first views, 10 minutes longer than they need to be, often inaccurate/incorrect at worst, inefficient at best

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

ChaseSP posted:

Also boring. I've been more entertained by training videos at work.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah I've found MTQCapture guides to be much better. Like actually telling you how to do the simon says patterns without just dancing between two symbols which is touchy with lag

KoB
May 1, 2009
Axe chat

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

faptown posted:

Especially bone dragon.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

ChaseSP posted:

Yeah I've found MTQCapture guides to be much better. Like actually telling you how to do the simon says patterns without just dancing between two symbols which is touchy with lag

But dancing between two symbols is the correct thing to do if you actually want to, like, do any damage at all during the phase instead of running around like a headless chicken. I know it seems awful at first but once you figure out the timing you'll realize there's actually plenty of time to move and can proceed directly to virulently hating the badz who are constantly messing it up.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'm a bard I get to run all I want so I don't care about dancing. Also it's easier for pugs that don't have the timing so I can learn the other mechanics.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Minos (Lux) is the platonic ideal of the axe

faptown posted:

Especially bone dragon.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

jalapeno_dude posted:

But dancing between two symbols is the correct thing to do if you actually want to, like, do any damage at all during the phase instead of running around like a headless chicken. I know it seems awful at first but once you figure out the timing you'll realize there's actually plenty of time to move and can proceed directly to virulently hating the badz who are constantly messing it up.

{True North} means I can have my headless chicken and dps both!

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 6, 2018

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Thundarr posted:

{True North} means I can have my headless chicken and dps both!

I even remember to use this button sometimes outside of thirstybird ex now!

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
Little-known fact: tanking the bone dragon at the back of the arena came from the MTQCapture video. The MrHappy video has him properly tanked in the middle.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like this model because it's a cat person whose face doesn't look exactly like every other cat person's.

Monathin posted:

With less joking, as someone who suffers routinely from Tanxiety, how do I unfuck myself? I do actually want to be a cool WAR main to put up along side my other classes but I feel like I don't know the first thing about tanking and I'm gonna die 20 thousand times loving things up. :(

I'm terrible at MMOs and felt the same way, and then I made a DRK and everything was easy and stress-free. Once you start doing it, the stress will disappear. Holding aggro is extremely easy in this game (particularly once you get an AoE aggro ability).

multijoe posted:

for real I've always found it weird how cushy a tank's life is on FF14. Your dungeon role is simple, you get ten second queues for most current content, you get a ton of durability and sustain when soloing as well as good damage options. It's just the easy life all round

It's weird how DPS is undeniably the most stressful to me.

WrightOfWay posted:

RDM is by far the simplest DPS job. BRD would be a better choice if you want something with moderate complexity as you have a pretty simple rotation to get the basics down, infinite mobility and a ton of room for optimization if you want to dive in deeper.

My issue with RDM is that, while it's rotation algorithm is simple (and I can execute it perfectly if I give it my full attention), I dislike having to pay much attention to meters and procs, and I hate having to pay attention to both of those things almost constantly. I can't really let my brain turn off as much when I'm constantly having to make decisions based off the meters/procs, even if they're simple decisions.

I'm sure many people don't have a problem with this, but it's a problem someone (like me in this case) definitely can have.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i literally never tanked in an mmo before starting ffxiv, and now i'm a warrior main. if i can do it you can too.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

more axe chat

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
For those of you more well versed in glamour than I, what's the most ridiculously ostentatious staff for WHM? Bonus points if it's purple.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

If you aren't taking every chance to use this adorable guy then what are you even doing:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

If you aren't taking every chance to use this adorable guy then what are you even doing:

Sleeping soundly without that terrifying thing haunting my dreams.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Plus the staff is weird, too!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
This cat boy threw an outfit together to celebrate not being completely terrible at BRD

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Mikazuki Kai is criminally underrated, probably because the stats aren't great. But look at it!

It'd be nice if the tassel had physics, but who cares when you can hit people WITH THE MOON. And wonder if some intern didn't get the model for it flipped around with the model for the Tsukuyomi axe.

Speaking of primals, I did the impossible and got carried cleared Suzaku EX. It's weirdly a lot easier for me to heal than to DPS on, probably because the lack of rotational complexities means I can focus on doing mechanics?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

they forgot to put damage on a bunch of things in that fight

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
No, they just took all the loving damage and concentrated it into two tankbusters.

Cremate has NO GODDAMN BUSINESS hitting for that goddamn hard.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

No, they just took all the loving damage and concentrated it into two tankbusters.

Cremate has NO GODDAMN BUSINESS hitting for that goddamn hard.

It's not the tankbusters that are the problem, it's the loving auto-attacks that never stop while you're having to play simon says and so you have to pay attention to the simon says mechanic, additional mechanics later on, and try and save the tank (and other party members) from themselves when inevitably someone runs around the circle too slowly or just stands in the wrong spot.

What I'm saying is, I did like half a dozen PF runs earlier today and as long as we didn't wipe on the birds at the beginning of the fight, we beat enrage. No matter how many times mechanics were hosed up.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

cremate only hits for like 66k unmitigated

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

"Tenzen, please stop, I love you and would never want to hurt you." - Suzaku while kung-fuing the poo poo out of the main tank and trying to push them to death

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Where do I get this horrible thing

I need it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Renegret posted:

Where do I get this horrible thing

I need it
There's actually a couple of those from different places. The simplest one just has like a single leaf on it's head and drops from SV. There's a crafted one called tane something, and theres one you can buy with wolf marks

A screenshot really doesn't do it justice

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"I have the perfect test for your armor. It's called 'being shot with a loving gun'."

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

homeless snail posted:

There's actually a couple of those from different places. The simplest one just has like a single leaf on it's head and drops from SV. There's a crafted one called tane something, and theres one you can buy with wolf marks

A screenshot really doesn't do it justice

Thanks!

I just looked, the crafted one is called the Tane Mahuta and it's got branches instead of flowers. Which means I guess I'm pvping :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

There's surprisingly few weapons with continuously animated models (not just particle effects), especially among the old ARR stuff like that healer stick. I can only imagine somebody on the art team decided to see if he could turn a weapon into a muppet, succeeded, and then yoship quietly told them to never do that again.