Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Box of Bunnies posted:

As someone that lives in NSW, I've always been in favour of people dropping a space colony on us. I guess a nuke would be the next best thing.

i want to die too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Konomex posted:

It would be lovely, but they were happy to have this published, and he is a finance manager. He should be better at managing his own finances. Who the hell has a 100k personal loan? Why are the repayments for their vehicles so drat high? Why have they not consolidated their debt?

To whine 'we just can't save money, it's impossible!' and also 'we choose a bigger house in a more expensive suburb because...' well thats it then, that and his bad loan choices. It's not impossible to live well on 200k, he's just voluntarily burning that money.

Plus they still manage to save 6k a year.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Don Dongington posted:

Update: day 3. Still remain free from apex gang custody.

I'm beginning to suspect the problem is vastly overstated,

Day 4: strange things are happening to me. At night I roam the streets looking for public barbecues and stereos to use. I fear that I am the apex gang.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472

It's not lovely to poo poo on someone on six figures a year, in townsville, complaining that they are just getting by battlers. If you're on that money you can be aware you're privileged and if you're just getting by there is a serious error in play here, not that Society Is Too Hard and needing to talk to the media about how hard it is.

Coming in late but if you can't survive here on that kind of .money you are prime guillotine material.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

Day 4: strange things are happening to me. At night I roam the streets looking for public barbecues and stereos to use. I fear that I am the apex gang.

*Mike Nahan's pants begin to twitch*

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2ymjCqaAsY

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I’m outraged at gambling advertising on the Opera House, and shocked that Labor supports it too.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
NSW and everything in it is poo poo, HTH.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Count Chocula posted:

I’m outraged at gambling advertising on the Opera House, and shocked that Labor supports it too.

COUNT CHOCULAAAAAAAAAAAA

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Count Chocula posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM_A4Skusro

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

And now I want to play Grim Fandango

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We7Tfdyt0v4&t=738s

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 6, 2018

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bell jar posted:

COUNT CHOCULAAAAAAAAAAAA

Holy poo poo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I liked the part in Pacific rim where it was implied part of Sydney was nuked.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I wrote a poem about dreaming about Sydney’s destruction. I perform it in a yelling style.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

You Am I posted:

Oh look at the MRA who is appealing his sentence:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/05/man-who-pleaded-guilty-to-defacing-eurydice-dixon-memorial-appeals

loving shitstain, I hope the appeals judge throws him into jail

Someone I know went to school with this guy. Said he was normal but a bit of a quiet shut in type. Like radicalisation but instead of ISIS it’s sexist nerds

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

if only it was real

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

hambeet posted:

That's a pretty horrible thing to say, part of Sydney is implied to have not been nuked

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Not gunna lie, I was disappointed when that tsunami didn’t destroy Sydney as prophesied.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

bandaid.friend posted:

That's a pretty horrible thing to say, part of Sydney is implied to have not been nuked

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Count Chocula posted:

I wrote a poem about dreaming about Sydney’s destruction. I perform it in a yelling style.

Call in to Alan Jones to recite it

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
What's worse: advertising on the Opera House, or Christmas decorations on the Opera House

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

What's worse: advertising on the Opera House, or Christmas decorations on the Opera House

General advertising is a bit yuck, but gambling advertising, something that's a loving blight on our population, is gross.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

GoldStandardConure posted:

Christmas is only a few days away according to every loving retailer so we will know soon enough.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Just need a visit from IWC and Raptorfag and we've really got the ol' Auspol Crew back together

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And shenanigans

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

has kiegelsuhr kid ever logged on again

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

General advertising is a bit yuck, but gambling advertising, something that's a loving blight on our population, is gross.

christmas decorations made out of poker chips

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bell jar posted:

has kiegelsuhr kid ever logged on again

Lmao

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Now all we need is BCR and the whole gang will be back together

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Who is going to blink first? The Nauruan govt or the Australian govt?

It’s like a competition to see who can treat refugees the worst.

quote:

Nauru’s government has ordered Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) to stop work there immediately, despite a physical and mental health crisis in the country.

The medical NGO has been providing psychological and psychiatric services to residents, asylum seekers and refugees on the island since late 2017.

MSF staff wrote to its clients on Saturday to tell them it could no longer offer them treatment because of an order from Nauru’s health minister, who said the its services were “no longer required on the island”.

MSF said in its letter that the order meant its “mental health activities in Nauru must stop, effective today, Saturday, 6th of October”.

“We know this sudden news may be very difficult to hear and we deeply regret any challenges that this presents to you, all of our patients, and to the community.”

The organisation said it was seeking more information from the government, including the reason for its decision and what alternative services would be available.

An MSF spokeswoman said later on Saturday that the government had asked on Friday that its activities stop within 24 hours.

“At this stage MSF wishes to reiterate our strong commitment to providing quality mental health care to all those in need on the island,” she said. “We are extremely concerned that the health of our patients may be affected by this decision and urge the authorities to grant us permission to continue our lifesaving work.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/06/nauru-orders-msf-to-stop-mental-health-work-on-island

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Just need a visit from IWC and Raptorfag and we've really got the ol' Auspol Crew back together
It's not the loving Blues Brothers unfortunately.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i quickly checked back on achives to find a post of his but gave up. man the old election toxxes were great. found the bottle water xmas meltdown.

also jbp promising to join the greens in five years (back in 2013) if the alp internal party mechanics didn't improve

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

but yeah KK never came back on that account (found a post)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Now all we need is BCR and the whole gang will be back together

AMU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

also jbp promising to join the greens in five years (back in 2013) if the alp internal party mechanics didn't improve

so comrade...

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

hambeet posted:

Did it improve?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well i joined up, so probably

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

hambeet posted:

i quickly checked back on achives to find a post of his but gave up. man the old election toxxes were great. found the bottle water xmas meltdown.

Link pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

Link pls

Yeah post the post so I can ask JBP how changing the ALP from within is going, again (I know you're not a member)

• Locked thread