Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bluemillion posted:

Patrick was a very naughty stand user. Also is there a consensus on that hat/hair situation? Is the hat torn? Is there hair on the hat? What's going on there, by golly?

:iiam:

Or of course, we can always look to the Part 4 movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
So to celebrate episode 1of Jojo's Italian Adventure, I ordered pizza from this place that some friends really like. They had caprese so of course I got one too.

It's a box of cheese.

Famine Poodle fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 6, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :discourse:

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I was told this was the gayest JoJo part ever and was not disappointed with the first episode

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that was probably the least gay thing that'll happen on the Gay Things In Part 5 list

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm glad they added a new bit entirely for the anime at the beginning. it's a good, tidy summary of giorno's character right off the bat

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
https://twitter.com/LEGOdouMoko/status/1048250979664064512

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

same energy

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Willsun posted:

I was told this was the gayest JoJo part ever and was not disappointed with the first episode

That was the straight part. :v:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao reminder that this is still happening
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1031232080204705792

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Giorno is a good boy and my friend.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Part 5 is so gay that emulating it will genuinely break your coccyx.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

"Koichi, I just learned about a possibly evil super-powered son of my mortal enemy. I thought you, a undersized high-schooler, would be the best person to send to the other side of the planet to confront him instead of the half dozen or more super powered badasses I know. I'd go myself but these Starfish legs won't count themselves."

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
If I had Dolphins to snuggle and starfish to display on my wall, I'm not heading to Italy on a hunch.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Honestly though it's nice seeing Jotaro grow up to be a responsible adult.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I'd like to imagine his department just gives him grade school-level tasks to do but he takes them very seriously and usually just spends his time looking at photos of starfish or funny YouTube videos of octopuses stealing things on a fishing boat.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

galagazombie posted:

"Koichi, I just learned about a possibly evil super-powered son of my mortal enemy. I thought you, a undersized high-schooler, would be the best person to send to the other side of the planet to confront him instead of the half dozen or more super powered badasses I know. I'd go myself but these Starfish legs won't count themselves."

the anime skipped over it, but he wanted someone with a long range stand so they could get info on Haruno without having to get too close to him, so Koichi's actually a pretty smart person to go with if it wasn't for the whole 'stand users attract other stand users' thing

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jotaro can't send a Joestar, because if anything would trigger latent DIO genes that would do it, so that rules out him and Josuke.

Okuyasu is a great guy but isn't exactly subtle, and he has to take care of his dad anyway.

Rohan was too busy preparing for his Alaskan Sled Dog manga by interviewing werewolves.

Really Koichi was the best (only) option.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Spacedad posted:

Made a thing in anticipation of Golden Wind weekly eps. Feel free to steal.

Edit: Wow, someone beat me to it on last page. Well feel free to use any you like pretty much.

It should say "this is the taste of the day that comes after Thursday" to be more in line with the official Crunchyroll translation I've been seeing around.

There was like a 3 second clip of it in some versions of the ep (I watched the Chinese one, and it was there, I'm guessing JP as well had it). Lots of brass instruments.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Heavens door continues to prove its superiority by granting knowledge of an entire language to koichi without any trouble.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

galagazombie posted:

Well, I mean, he DID kill his father. Would be kinda awkward to go himself if Giorno knows anything about him inexplicably. Somehow Akira learned that Jotaro could stop time when he had only done it once in Morioh prior to his showing up.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Tunicate posted:

Jotaro can't send a Joestar, because if anything would trigger latent DIO genes that would do it, so that rules out him and Josuke.

Okuyasu is a great guy but isn't exactly subtle, and he has to take care of his dad anyway.

Rohan was too busy preparing for his Alaskan Sled Dog manga by interviewing werewolves.

He should have asked Polnareff. He told Joseph and Jotaro to just give him a call and he will come running. I doubt he would just sit around at home when his friend needs help.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dragonwagon posted:

He should have asked Polnareff. He told Joseph and Jotaro to just give him a call and he will come running. I doubt he would just sit around at home when his friend needs help.

Same prob as Okuyasu but more stabby!

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Tunicate posted:

He should've sent Tonio Trussardi over.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The only problem I have with the beginning of Vento Aureo is that Koichi and Yukako don't go to Italy together, if only because Yukako is great and seeing her tearing Italy apart to get to Giorno would be funny to me.

Also, we never really get to see them do things as a couple. :(

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Part 5 is set 6 years after Part 4, Koichi is not a high schooler anymore.

Edit: Nope, i'm wrong, it's 2001, not 2005.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 6, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, it's set in 2001. It's only been two years. Koichi is a third year.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Koichi stopped a serial killer, he'll be fine.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Kurtofan posted:

Koichi stopped a serial killer, he'll be fine.

not by himself, though :colbert:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When Jotaro was like 'Josuke give us a good one-liner' Josuke flubbed it, so Jotaro will never ask him for anything again.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

YggiDee posted:

When Jotaro was like 'Josuke give us a good one-liner' Josuke flubbed it, so Jotaro will never ask him for anything again.

The same thing happened when he tried to get Avdol to do it too. He should really just stop trying.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm pretty sure Avdol had a good line.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's Jotaro who never has good lines.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Jotaro asks someone else to say a one-liner to cover up that he couldn't think of any himself at the moment.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

YggiDee posted:

If I had any kind of editing skill, I'd turn this into a picture of Jotaro.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's Jotaro who never has good lines.

Cmon, his last words to Dio were good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Cmon, his last words to Dio were good.

It's high noon.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Part 3 Jotaro becomes an infinitely better character when you realize that he's not a cool guy, but a high schooler trying to be a cool guy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Part 3 Jotaro becomes an infinitely better character when you realize that he's not a cool guy, but a high schooler trying to be a cool guy.

I admit, Jotaro is probably my least favourite Jojo but imagining him as just this guy constantly trying super hard to be cool makes him a lot more likable.

He also gets a lot better once Part 4 rolls in and he can be properly mature instead of a tryhard though, so it fits well with that as well.

Also I can't believe just how pretty this episode was. It's not Part 7 Araki levels of pretty yet, but it was an insanely good-looking episode and while I know first episode means it gets more work than what's coming, I hope the series can keep at least close to this level of quality for the rest of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Is it Friday yet