Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I dig Mr. Freeze and his safety helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Bunch of Legends reveals yesterday but the one that stood out for me is that they’re finally making the correct Jubilee figure:

https://marvelousnews.com/23-23825

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
NIGHT THRASHER

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Still no MCU Shuri reveal?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

She’s already been announced.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

She’s already been announced.

But the actual figure hasn't been shown yet, to my knowledge. At SDCC, you had the entire Black Panther Wave 2, except her. There was just a placeholder.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
I'm going to have a lot of sleepless nights over the next year waiting for clone wars obi wan:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BojWfGingMK/

very stoked about Grievous too, from what I can tell in the picture looks like his arms are going to work how the TVC one did. I love the bandai kit but will have to get this one too, I like the Hasbro cape a lot better from the looks of it.

pictures floating around ( that I of course can't find now) of the Black series archive figures on their cards, packaging looks pretty good, remind me a bit of the old comics two packs for some reason I can't put my finger on. I'm going to get another IG 88 as the rubber is dry rotting off the elbows on mine.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Sooper Gila posted:

I'm going to have a lot of sleepless nights over the next year waiting for clone wars obi wan:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BojWfGingMK/

Yeah, he looks loving incredible up close, even as a rough prototype.

quote:

very stoked about Grievous too, from what I can tell in the picture looks like his arms are going to work how the TVC one did. I love the bandai kit but will have to get this one too, I like the Hasbro cape a lot better from the looks of it.

pictures floating around ( that I of course can't find now) of the Black series archive figures on their cards, packaging looks pretty good, remind me a bit of the old comics two packs for some reason I can't put my finger on. I'm going to get another IG 88 as the rubber is dry rotting off the elbows on mine.

Here's the Archives packaging:

And speaking of the Archives lines, they announced that Yoda, Anakin, and the Scout Trooper will be in subsequent waves. Yoda and Anakin will have new face paint apps using the photo-real tech.

They also showed off the Ezra, Chopper, and Skiff Lando figs

Unfortunately, everything they announced for The Vintage Collection kinda sucked since Hasbro no longer gives a poo poo about the 3.75" line :sigh:

radlum
May 13, 2013
That Obi Wan looks amazing; they have really done a better job with the faces.

The rest look good too, though I wish they had given Ezra an alternate short hair head, instead of the Imperial Trainee helmet

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Does anyone know where I can find replacement joints for a revoltech figure? I found revoltech Jason Voorhees for super cheap (my first revoltech fig) and the ratcheted joints are driving me nuts. I know the joints are meant to be replaceable but I don’t know what I’m looking for.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Does anyone know where I can find replacement joints for a revoltech figure? I found revoltech Jason Voorhees for super cheap (my first revoltech fig) and the ratcheted joints are driving me nuts. I know the joints are meant to be replaceable but I don’t know what I’m looking for.

I got a whole bag of em on eBay years ago. Can't remember if I searched for anything outside of "revoltech joints." I still have a ton if you wanna post a pic or PM me, I can see if I have a match for you.

Edit: sorry, I think I misunderstood. You're looking for a different type of joint to replace it with?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They’re replaceable as in you can swap out broken ones easily enough with others, not change the type.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

radlum posted:

The rest look good too, though I wish they had given Ezra an alternate short hair head, instead of the Imperial Trainee helmet

That's my biggest irk here. He's got the size of older Ezra, but the hair of kid Ezra.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

HobbyBase joints. They’re compatible with revoltech but no clicking.

Also very commonly used for Japanese garage kits if you ever fall down the dark hole of buying unpainted and unassembled resin toys.

Edit: Specially their “ball shape joints” not ball joints or ball shape slim. Also they come in black, grey, and flesh color.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 6, 2018

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Here's the Archives packaging:

Is no one gonna comment on this guy's face, because it's amazing.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So if I wanted to start looking for some older black series, should I wait for the archives or hunt down the old ones?

Also: anyone have any opinions on the McFarlane titanfall line? Was thinking about getting the robot pilot but didn't know the quality.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

With Star Wars, eventually everything gets rereleased. Don’t even bother going back to get anyone without a mask, cause you’ll want the face printed ones.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kingtheninja posted:

So if I wanted to start looking for some older black series, should I wait for the archives or hunt down the old ones?

I’d wait for the Archives, assuming you’re after the Blue and Orange wave figs from the first couple years. The new ones will have better paint apps (a lot of the older ones are pretty rough and basic), they’ll eventually rerelease all the popular figures, and even with spotty Hasbro distribution they’ll be easier to find. Your average Blue/Orange BS figure goes for $40+ on eBay if it’s a trooper of some kind, $80+ if it’s Boba, Bossk, IG-88, Cody, Maul, Pilot Luke, etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

Also: anyone have any opinions on the McFarlane titanfall line? Was thinking about getting the robot pilot but didn't know the quality.

Quality is fine but they're weird like 5 points of articulation things.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

I got this set on Amazon for the exact same reason but am now liquidating all my MCU stuff and don't want it. Too late to return it, if you want it I could probably get it to you unpacked and loose for less, I just don't want the clutter at this point.

Hey Fuzz, just name your price for Ross whenever you're ready, and I'll Paypal you ASAP. I don't mean to rush you, but I don't want to miss out on getting a Ross figure!

Thank you in advance.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 7, 2018

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Neat, they are releasing a special Barbie to commemorate the new Doctor who.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Do not read any comments underneath the picture of it. So many "So I presume you're going to do Ken dolls of 12, 11, 10, etc?" asshats. Like Doctor Who action figures have never existed before.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I knew a woman Doctor Who would be a big win for feminism!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Do not read any comments underneath the picture of it. So many "So I presume you're going to do Ken dolls of 12, 11, 10, etc?" asshats. Like Doctor Who action figures have never existed before.

People are upset they're making a children's toy for a children's show? :confused:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

People are upset they're making a children's toy for a children's show? :confused:

Have you met the internet lately?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's already a company making high end dollies of the male Doctors.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So my Amazing Yamaguchi Batman came and it's missing the Batarang. :smith:

Emailed HLJ but since it's sold out and no replacement parts are available, there's nothing they can do about it other than offer a refund (I have to pay shipping) or give me a 10% discount on my next order.

Not sure what to do now... debating the return, but I'll probably end up eating over 20 bucks on the shipping, plus I'd need to find another place to buy it from. Sigh.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Have you met the internet lately?

I try not to.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I try not to.

IT JUST WANTS TO LOVE YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Is there a good 1:12 or otherwise decent Marvel Legends scale Dr Who Tardis?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Cocks Cable posted:

They did a couple Doctor + Tardis sets a few years ago, but IIRC that line is 5” instead of 6” so they’d be a bit underscaled for ML.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Cocks Cable posted:

If there is please buy it and post a photo of Cable poking his head out of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Tardos ice bucket/cookie jar might scale well enough for Legends

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Do people think the Walgreens exclusive ML Magik is going to get pretty good distribution? People are already scalping the ever loving poo poo out of it on eBay and I figure I’ll get ahead of the curve and ask one of you guys to middle-man one for me if you see it, unless distribution is going to be plentiful.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I feel like the Walgreens ones tend to be pretty easy to get eventually. She also hasn't gone up on the website yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It seems like all of the people reporting finding it are on the west coast.

In Canada those exclusives always come to Ebgames eventually and are easy to find.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao

I sent this to my brother because it amused me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Man they did a terrible job on that Cumberbatch sculpt.

His neck should be at least 30% longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Neat. Just scored a medicom red son Superman and a new 52 Batman.

Kinda wish I'd have known about the hush Superman before the price skyrocketed.