Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Martin Random posted:

The words are too educated. Too calculated to divide us.

This dwarf is no simple farmer. This dwarf is an infiltrator and a traitor.

We should place it in custody for my questioning, to learn more, who sent it, and what agenda it represents, so that we may extirpate this disease, roots and all.

*dwarf does NOT require alcohol to get through the day

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

*dwarf does NOT require alcohol to get through the day

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

What greater proof of a conspiracy in our midst could we ask for? Gentledwarves, quarry is set, and the hunt is on.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

I am not pig, I am a free Dwarf! The only dirt naps I take are of my own volition!

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

But seriously, cave adaptation prevents you from running around or liberating shiny things from the oppressor!

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Dwarf me as a captain of industry.

More magma smelters, destroy all nature for short term gain.

There is no scientifically proven link between dwarven adamantite mining and demon attacks.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

EdithUpwards posted:

I propose the construction of a surface farm and complex of rowhouses with a secure, but separate underground hideaway, or "burrow", linking them. Should an opportunistic attack occur, the farmers shall shelter in place, dividing the attention of the enemy and easing the logistical burden faced by a fortress under siege.

Also, everyone should waggle around on the ground!

Unfortunately we live in a tundra region where it's literally impossible to grow stuff above ground.

Mining Adamantine, making sure I'm careful so the circus doesn't visit us too early

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

The futurist party calls on the government to cease its cowardice and pierce through the adamantine spires into the netherworld - and the future. After our glorious soldiers crush the demonic hordes, we shall have for our taking an entire new realm into which we can expand.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

A Russian troll farm posted:

The futurist party calls on the government to cease its cowardice and pierce through the adamantine spires into the netherworld - and the future. After our glorious soldiers crush the demonic hordes, we shall have for our taking an entire new realm into which we can expand.

:ghost::yeah::ghost:

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I know a dwarf film by the name Dwarf Event Horizon where its true when we reach a singularity we will also open a portal to hell, this dwarf is correct.

a corrupt official
Sep 25, 2015

when not meticulously manufacturing a variety of cloths, i try to spend some time near the well crafted Electrum Statue of Squizzle 2nd Century Gnostic Testedlanced. i sit silently at its side. sometimes i well up all of the sudden. if any of the dwarves approach me i gently kiss them on the forehead and tell them they are more powerful than god

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Martin Random posted:

I know a dwarf film by the name Dwarf Event Horizon where its true when we reach a singularity we will also open a portal to hell, this dwarf is correct.

Where-a we-a going, we no gonna need-a the eyes to see

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

How about we compromise and just send soldiers out to raid some enemy towns? The new version of DF lets you do XCOM where you send people on raids

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I urge on behalf of the my fellow farmer brother and sisters I represent and detest, free yourselves of your bondage. All structures are a trap, destroy all walls, send in the cleansing magma.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Any posadists left? If so I'd like to point out the similarities of breaking the adamantine she'll between this and the hell world and setting off a nuclear holocaust

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

Any posadists left? If so I'd like to point out the similarities of breaking the adamantine she'll between this and the hell world and setting off a nuclear holocaust

all in favor of a suicide cult ?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Martin Random posted:

all in favor of a suicide cult ?

Goodness no, I'm a clintonite! However I will help you automate your death cult as long as you agree to 50% of your executioners being women or minorities

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We have our second artifact! Our first was real boring throne, but this thing is awesome!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Is it possible to make those screenshots less incomprehensible on mobile

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Venom Snake posted:

Entrance (im going to put ballistas in the stone fortifications)

you call those fortifications? WE NEED BUNKERS! BUNKERS EVERYWHERE. A BUNKER IN EVERY BEDROOM.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Epic High Five posted:

Is it possible to make those screenshots less incomprehensible on mobile

Unfortunately dwarf fortress loves really long wide rolls of text for descriptions. this is a problem iv worked on a lot with little success outside of a few things

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

you call those fortifications? WE NEED BUNKERS! BUNKERS EVERYWHERE. A BUNKER IN EVERY BEDROOM.

right away boss

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bad news on the bunkers.....

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

How about we compromise and just send soldiers out to raid some enemy towns? The new version of DF lets you do XCOM where you send people on raids

do the other towns have oil

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Calibanibal posted:

im sorry but i resolved not to play yhis game again until the magic release. See you in 3 years

:same:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dwarf me up. ideology: Khmer Rouge

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
walls 2 thick trigger me greatly in dwarf fort

I play pretty fort

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Forgotten Beast has been vanquished! Unfortunately one of our new recruits Eonwe was killed in the battle, thankfully they were a Nihilist, so they probably didn't care that much.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Signing up as a Mazdaki

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

well if we get to here then dwarf me up as a Cardassian

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol im ded

animist
Aug 28, 2018
Dwarf me up as a Rationalist. Any and all use of mechanisms must be immediately banned! ...at least until we can be sure that the impending mechanism-singularity will be friendly to dwarvenkind.

To ensure that this will be the case, I would like to work as a Scholar in the library, where I will spend my time writing incredibly lovely self-insert fanfiction.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
Dwarf me as an illegalist.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Venom Snake posted:

uhm

Well lets hope the Militia don't gently caress this up!!

Venom Snake posted:

Bad news on the bunkers.....

This is why fort needs more military investment, both in terms of dwarf power and industrial power. We need ballistas and traps aimed not just at the surface, but anything that might dare come from below. Multiple layers of security in every single direction. A dwarf's fort should be a true "fortress" after all.

And our militia should be expanded. At least 50% of our dwarves should be militarized. We should remove dwarves from non-essential industries, such as farming, fishing, and cooking. You can't eat if you're dead.

Also more ballistas. Ballistas upon ballistas.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

thankfully they were a Nihilist, so they probably didn't care that much.

lol

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Dorf me up as a Singularitarian transdwarfist

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Venom Snake posted:

I missed this bit earlier but we should absolutely do this.

Pros:
-Steal our enemy's poo poo
-We can fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here
-We could "export the revolution" I guess as some of you lefties would say
-We'll be greeted as liberators
-Jobs

Cons:
-None

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
i skipped pgs 2-6 but when there is a dorf for me please make me a nymphomaniac trot

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Dwarf me as an ecofascist please.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Updated list:

We're up to 50 dwarves now, a lotta people are going to get drafted into the militia to support our new popular war-mongering agenda. Interestingly our library appears to be our forts main attraction at the moment.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
needs some neo-stalinists and gaddafiists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Make me a Dwarf Hotep. I believe the dwarves created the pyramids with the help of alien technology until our bloodline was debased by degenerate races and ideologies.

• Locked thread