Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Welcome! By now many of you are probably already familiar with how our Dwarf Fortress campaigns go, but this time I'm making a few changes...

First:

If you want to have a dwarf with your name on it you need to give your dwarf an ideology. It can be one from real life such as Marxism, Maoism, etc or a made up one in the context of the DF universe. The purpose of this is pretty much to purely drive internal conflict and cause hilarity like starting a war with a human empire because the fort's elected leader is a 3rd World Maoist.

Second:

If you want something to happen in the Fort just make a straw poll, get a few people to vote yes or no on it and I'll make it happen. This could include anything from banning the export of socks to having a member of the fort executed for counter-revolutionary plotting. The only limit to this policy is you need to give a reason related to your ideology for why the action should be taken.

:siren: Scenario 2 has won! :siren: We will be freezing our balls off for the foreseeable future.

Osaomon, The Absolute Realm

Starting Scenario 2: Tundra Trouble

Massive goblin armies have been marching out of the frozen glaciers to the south. An inhospitable Tundra called The Distinct Winter borders the evil glaciers from which countless evils pour. Naturally we have been exiled here because the dwarven kingdoms got tired of our poo poo. So here freezing at the bottom of the world we shall prove the superiority of our ideas.

-Really loving cold
-Can only trade with Elves and Dwarves
-Not as many goblins nearby, and the land provides natural defenses against attackers
-Did I mention it's cold?

I'll get our embark ready. So begins our expedition into the snow coated wastes...

Venom Snake has issued a correction as of 03:07 on Oct 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dwarf me, my dwarf counterpart is a late 2nd century gnostic

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
my dwarf believes in the only true anti revisionist form of marxism: hoxhaism. build those fortifications tall and wide

Captain Billy Pissboy has issued a correction as of 03:05 on Oct 5, 2018

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

my dwarf believes in the only true anti revisionist form of marxism: hoxhaism. build those fortifications tall and wide

gently caress you, literally was going to grab Hoxhaism due to it being the most DF marxist ideology.

Put me in as Titoism.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Virtual Russian posted:

gently caress you, literally was going to grab Hoxhaism due to it being the most DF marxist ideology.

Put me in as Titoism.

Ideologies aren't exclusive, you can also be a Hoxhaist (is that how it's spelled?) but I'll put you down for Titoism

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
posadist here

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Hell put me down as Hoxhaist, its the only logical choice.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

please dwarf me. i am a green party member and will only tolerate weak unpopular rulers, friendship with the elves, and an end to all logging and smelting

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Baloogan posted:

posadist here

Superweapons and sea beasts. Dwarf me

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

What version is this

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

make me a lovely centrist, i will reach across the isle and negotiate a ceasefire with the hellspawn that keep appearing from the shadows and dragging off our children for ritual sacrifice, i feel like we can come to an acceptable compromise

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We are currently dwarfed up to here

Grimoire posted:

Superweapons and sea beasts. Dwarf me

I'll add more people as we get Immigrants/babies/etc

Lawman 0 posted:

What version is this

Of the fort? Uh like 5-6. Of the game it's 44.12

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Dorf me, obviously my dorf is an extremely obnoxious Marxist-Leninist-Maoist (not a Third-Worldist, though) who's going to purge all you loving revisionists for your deviations from the mass line

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
uh what this is amazing please build me a palace made of bone

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i forbid the export of DOORS

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
are you using any mods or tools?

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
dwarf me, insurrectionary anarchist

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

are you using any mods or tools?

I'm using the PE Starter Pack which comes with a ton of optional mods/stuff you basically need to play the game efficiently. Iv got a legends exporter I can use to analyze populations, regions, etc. Also another mod where I can make special notes for ideology so it ~affects things~

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Dwarf up streetsbound as a tibetan buddhist theocrat. The only true government will be the one guided by buddhadharma.

Quantumfate has issued a correction as of 07:24 on Oct 5, 2018

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crazycryodude posted:

Dorf me, obviously my dorf is an extremely obnoxious Marxist-Leninist-Maoist (not a Third-Worldist, though) who's going to purge all you loving revisionists for your deviations from the mass line

Dwarfed up to this guy. We are currently trading with our dwarven brothers. What should we buy/sell? I'm also making the actual layout of the fort and I assume everyone wants everything to be a communal as possible.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
add me as an anarchocapitalist, smash the monarchy and replace it with dorfcorp

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Dwarf me as colonial mercantilist

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
add me as a juche

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Dorf me as a Bolshevik.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Dwarf me as a strasserist

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005
dwarf me as a Hoxhaist

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Venom Snake posted:

Dwarfed up to this guy. We are currently trading with our dwarven brothers. What should we buy/sell? I'm also making the actual layout of the fort and I assume everyone wants everything to be a communal as possible.

what resources does the area offer? how much wood, is there a place to fish, etc

buy as many ranged weapons as possible and get people training with them. start planning fortifications and guard towers

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Dorf me.

My dwarf is a liberal who believes victory can only come from appealing to moderate goblins and supports dwarf tested social programs. Refers to Bear Man as superpredators.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

what resources does the area offer? how much wood, is there a place to fish, etc

buy as many ranged weapons as possible and get people training with them. start planning fortifications and guard towers

The entire area above ground is a frozen hellscape with no food or wood or running water. We'll have to do our fishing and wood cutting in the caves

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Dorf me as a sovcit

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Dwarf me: I'm gonna regret this, but I'm a gamergater

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Make me a Dorf. Anarchocapitalist. Everything can be bought and sold. All things are valuable resources for the sake of profit.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

good mix of ideologies so far imo

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Xelkelvos posted:

Make me a Dorf. Anarchocapitalist. Everything can be bought and sold. All things are valuable resources for the sake of profit.

Most importantly: own all the private property you can, and let no one else near it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ikanreed posted:

Most importantly: own all the private property you can, and let no one else near it

Not just own, appropriate.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
dwarf me as an anarchist who wants to abolish the dwarven hierarchy, no dwarf job assignments

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like dwarf

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

freckle posted:

i like dwarf

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

dwarf me, so that i may spread the influence of trotskyism and aggressively pursue permanent revolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
make me a nihilist dwarf

• Locked thread