Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Days of Future Past is literally just two issues.

I know! Very efficient and the ramifications went on for decades. Which admittedly helped because the same guy was writing it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Everyone always forgets The Brood Saga.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There's also the "world tour" storyline where they go from the Savage Land up to Japan, then on to Canada and finally back to New York. I think that one's pretty underrated; a lot of the Dark Phoenix buildup happened in those issues.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Some tidbits from NYCC

-Marvel Comics Presents is set to come back in January 2019. Same format as before with shorter stories in an anthology format. The first book has tales set in the past with a WWII Captain America tale, a Wolverine from the 1940's tale, and the untold story of Namor and the Atomic Bomb. I've been wanting this for a while but anthology books usually don't do well so I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.

-Chip Zdarsky's next project is The Invaders, with Cap, Bucky, Namor, and Human Torch (Jim Hammond)

-Tom Taylor is getting a new book as he's bringing back Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. The book will focus more on low level stuff Spider-Man does and also more on Peter himself as a person.

-The first member of Donny Cates' new Guardians of Galaxy book is revealed and it's no surprise, it's Cosmic Ghost Rider. Also it looks like this is going to be a big team judging by the number of people blanked out on the cover.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm meh on Cosmic Ghost Rider, but if it's a big team and it means the rejuvenation of Cosmic Marvel, I'm down.

Definitely interested in that Invaders though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is the anthology going to be multiple writers?

It's going to be tough trade waiting from now on with all these cool announcements.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Those are all cool sounding books I will check out. I need some FN Spider-Man in my life since Zdarsky's off Spectactular.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

Is the anthology going to be multiple writers?

It's going to be tough trade waiting from now on with all these cool announcements.

Yes the stories above are by Charles Soule, Greg Pak, and Ann Nocenti. Though I don't know who is on which story.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

X-O posted:

Yes the stories above are by Charles Soule, Greg Pak, and Ann Nocenti. Though I don't know who is on which story.

Those are trustworthy writers at least. Better than having just one of them and the others being Cullen Bunn and Ed Brisson or something.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

Those are trustworthy writers at least.

You might've skipped Nocenti in the New 52.

Her recent book, Seeds, seems interesting, though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I skipped most of New 52.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

I skipped most of New 52.

Wonder Woman was good for 33 issues or so.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Well, Soule and Pak did some of their best stuff there. She didn't.

e:
Second Conan comic announced
Sword Of Conan by Gerry Duggan and Ron Garney

Avengers: No Surrender sequel, which I hope doesn't replace the main title this time.

Champs relaunch

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 7, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Avengers: No Surrender sequel, which I hope doesn't replace the main title this time.

Meh. I really didn't like No Surrender. Hopefully this is better.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
What's the point of a Champions relaunch with the same writer?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Kaleidoscope posted:

What's the point of a Champions relaunch with the same writer?

To put a new number #1 that they can charge extra for.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Roth posted:

To put a new number #1 that they can charge extra for.

well yeah, but I meant besides that :P

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ron Garney is gonna draw the poo poo out of Conan.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I'm writing a Daredevil weekly!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Oh hell YES

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Kaleidoscope posted:

well yeah, but I meant besides that :P

Zub now uses his left hand to write the story!

radlum
May 13, 2013

That's great! Congratulations; I've loved your work so far and can't wait to see your take on Daredevil

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Looks like champions might be getting another couple new members but that pic is just a bit too tiny to make out who the new people are

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Power Man, Patriot, and Red Locust. Also a de-powered Sam.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I've read the first issue of superior octopus and I kinda like Otto there. Is superior Spider-man any good? I've heard mixed things about it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

cant cook creole bream posted:

I've read the first issue of superior octopus and I kinda like Otto there. Is superior Spider-man any good? I've heard mixed things about it.

You’ll not find many people around here that like Dan Slott’s work. I liked it but I think it went on a bit too long. Superior Octopus was really good though and catches you up on everything you need to know.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I mostly liked Superior Spider-Man except for how it shits on Peter. It didn't seem like it went on for too long for me but that's because I read through it all after it had finished.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superior Spidey and Foes are good. Also Hickman's Avengers has Otto here and there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I think it's generally agreed upon that Superior Spidey was not the greatest in his actual book but every appearance he had guesting in another book was good.

My favorite Spider-Ock moment featured him teaming up with the (kid) X-Men

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 8, 2018

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I really liked the first issue of Shatterstar a lot. Like I wouldn't mind an entire series of Landlord Shatterstar and his Time/Space/Dimensional Displaced Tenants.

Also is Pug Smasher a new character? Because if so he's now my favorite new character.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I did like Superior Spidey and the lead up to Clone Conspiracy. Did not like CC at all though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lol i didn't know Otto brought back the Ben Reilly Spidey suit

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

X-O posted:

I really liked the first issue of Shatterstar a lot. Like I wouldn't mind an entire series of Landlord Shatterstar and his Time/Space/Dimensional Displaced Tenants.

Also is Pug Smasher a new character? Because if so he's now my favorite new character.

Yeah, I liked it too. I don't know much about Shatterstar but I'm generally down for small-scale stories focusing on C or D level characters.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

C or D level characters.

Shatterstar's moving up in the world!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Lol i didn't know Otto brought back the Ben Reilly Spidey suit

They're similar, but not really the same. The spider legs on Ben's suit go up and connect at his shoulders. He also doesn't have the big metal backpack with octopus spider legs that come out of it. The red part of Ben's costume goes lower, too.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

The die is cast, bitches.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

What did you roll?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've always loved that Ock has his own superhero battle cry. It's a good one too, I mean if it's good enough for Caesar it's good enough for Ock.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

I've always loved that Ock has his own superhero battle cry. It's a good one too, I mean if it's good enough for Caesar it's good enough for Ock.

And the real Octavius was a Caesar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-O posted:

Him showing up in Daredevil was pretty great.

“I understand. I will find Daredevil and I will crush him”

“Thank— wait what??”