Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Archenteron posted:

woah chicadino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Archenteron posted:

woah chicadino

I always expect this to be an inappropriate reaction, but then I read the new page and it never is.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
You'd think at some point his confidence and preparedness would reach disbelieving caricature levels but then you reread his origin page and no he fairly legitimately just smug-knowledged his way around a primal force of evil a few tiers above him.

Or, between his last line in the new page and Poda's exposition in the old one... below him?

Chicadino's the current incarnation of the Specter of Fate is what I'm attempting to imply

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 2, 2018

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

is it me or is Cheap Thrills teasing a 2019 return

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

hell yeah it is

i'm ready for another wild ride

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

But they are not anthros anymore; what was the rationale behind the change?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Chicadino is such a good villain. :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

DoubleCakes posted:

But they are not anthros anymore; what was the rationale behind the change?

The artist feels confident enough about her art to draw actual people now?

Animal people are much easier to draw so they're kind of a crutch.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
That's cool, should switch them all to people. Except for Frank or whatever his name is. Just one super ugly dog man in a world of humans that never gets commented on.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

World Famous W posted:

That's cool, should switch them all to people. Except for Frank or whatever his name is. Just one super ugly dog man in a world of humans that never gets commented on.

A while back she posted some human Franks on her tumblr (to go with the versions of the rest of the cast) and it was just jarring to see. Everyone else more-or-less resembled their animal counterparts, but Frank just will never be anything but a hairless, splotchy dog in my head.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i love these last three panels of the latest never satisfied update so much lmao

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Chicadino is such a good villain. :allears:
His thing is that he can hear through pretty much anything he's touched, right? I'm mostly just wondering at this point if it's possible to overwhelm that with sheer noise. Get as many Chicadino-watched people and things together in one place and just blast some noise and see if Al Chirpone clutches his head, or maybe try to funnel as much noise through one person to act as white noise covering up someone else's conversation.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Ofaloaf posted:

His thing is that he can hear through pretty much anything he's touched, right? I'm mostly just wondering at this point if it's possible to overwhelm that with sheer noise. Get as many Chicadino-watched people and things together in one place and just blast some noise and see if Al Chirpone clutches his head, or maybe try to funnel as much noise through one person to act as white noise covering up someone else's conversation.

He's already got the entire city's power grid bugged, I'm not sure how much more white noise you can get.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ofaloaf posted:

He's been doing this sicne he was a kid, where he could handle 10 no problem, so at this point he's probably really good at juggling conversations & able to tune them in/out with ease. Like this panel shows at least 14 conversations going on and he's able to tune out and only react to a relevant one that crosses his mind https://www.poppy-opossum.com/comic/poppy-7-page-46/
The coin that dropped in the sewer was going 24/7 for years and if that didn't drown out everything else constantly nothing else would.

I think the only thing that could throw him off at this point is probably the same thing that threw off Petunia's mother: a direct track into a horrifying mind that overwrites everything else to painful results

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
It's important to keep in mind that Chicadino's power isn't hearing in a physical sense. It's not interacting with any of the inner-ear structures that can get damaged or overwhelmed by loud or constant noises.
He also found a way to create a network of proxies, who catalog all of the information gathered in the "Little Birdy room" mentioned in Harley's letter and briefly seen in the Gang War chapter.
Little Birdy's only true weakness is that some people are really annoying when they think no one is listening.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Morbi posted:

It's important to keep in mind that Chicadino's power isn't hearing in a physical sense. It's not interacting with any of the inner-ear structures that can get damaged or overwhelmed by loud or constant noises.
He also found a way to create a network of proxies, who catalog all of the information gathered in the "Little Birdy room" mentioned in Harley's letter and briefly seen in the Gang War chapter.
Little Birdy's only true weakness is that some people are really annoying when they think no one is listening.

Like that one guy from waaaay long ago who kept singing that Bah Ram Ewe song from back around the gang fight story.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, so just get them all to sing The Most Annoying Song at slightly different tempos.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Ironically Chicadino hates hearing big band Sinatra style music so that's how people will block them out in future

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

Like that one guy from waaaay long ago who kept singing that Bah Ram Ewe song from back around the gang fight story.

fazzi's lucky star gives her vocal chords squarewave properties so it's probably like getting serenaded by a fax machine

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Oxxidation posted:

fazzi's lucky star gives her vocal chords squarewave properties so it's probably like getting serenaded by a fax machine

Now I want to hear a version fed through the Floppotron.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 7, 2018

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Really it just sounds like the way to defeat Chicadino is through the Power of Song.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Somebody get Lynx Minmei on the line

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Oh, dang. I shoulda figured we were building up to something, but that actually makes a degree of sense.

It might get meta if someone figures out how to Decrypt Wanda, though I find that fairly unlikely.

Edit: Wrong thread, I'm a Derpamancer.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 10, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Why do people still read Erf anyways

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There's far too many webcomics you could ask that question about.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
it good

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

PMush Perfect posted:

Why do people still read Erf anyways

I think this all the time about John Allison's stuff but y'all seem to like it, so.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I've said it before, and it should explain far too much about webcomics; if you produce content on a regular basis and reliable quality, no matter how mediocre and/or up its own rear end it is, you will sooner or later gather a sufficient quantity of devoted followers or at least people who don't feel like deleting it from their bookmarks. This is how newspaper comics keep their audience. (and note how many long-running webcomics deliberately ape newspaper comics)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I've said it before, and it should explain far too much about webcomics; if you produce content on a regular basis and reliable quality, no matter how mediocre and/or up its own rear end it is, you will sooner or later gather a sufficient quantity of devoted followers or at least people who don't feel like deleting it from their bookmarks. This is how newspaper comics keep their audience. (and note how many long-running webcomics deliberately ape newspaper comics)

and yet oren otter remains largely undiscovered

you've got to make the content be about bideo games for quality to not matter

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There are plenty of weird unlikely success stories, but you don't hear much about the failures because by definition the failures are the ones that remain too obscure to really hear about.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/beatonna/status/1050045157062664192

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=404

Hark! A Vagrant is officially done

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Sad to see it go but at least it got an official ending, which so few webcomics actually get. Half (probably more than that honestly) just go into a perpetual hiatus while the author does other poo poo and/or quits altogether with no notification.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Kind of appropriate that it ends on page 404.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Understandable, tho sad.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Bobbins.horse is back!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Very slightly let down to find that it is not John Allison comics with the dialogue replaced by words from horse.ebooks

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tollymain just made me binge read Never Satisfied. (It's good.)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I feel like about half the webcomics on my current list are on extended hiatuses with dubious end-points. Anyone have any good comics that update regularly, and, ideally, will continue to do so while preserving the physical and mental health of the authors?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The Venn diagram circles of "good" and "updates regularly" rarely overlap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TwoPair posted:

The Venn diagram circles of "good" and "updates regularly" rarely overlap.

As of this current time the bullet point list is:

• Monster Pulse