Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Kitfox88 posted:

Takes off his sneakers by throwing them around the room while babbling.

This thought will be in the head for the rest of my days.

Thank you. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masterpettitt
Sep 20, 2018
Hi, so I brought 2 canary the other month on orange and the other yellow (Male and female). The orange canary, however, is starting to losing his colour I was told I should feed him boiled carrots to help him maintain and get his colour back at the start of his moult but I don't know when they start to moult I looked everywhere and nowhere tells me when they start does anyone here know when they start or how I have a better way to find out. Thank You.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
"I'm making heart wings, and standing tall, why hasn't someone picked me up?"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Good question

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Veritas posted:

"I'm making heart wings, and standing tall, why hasn't someone picked me up?"

I'm trying dammit!!!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Boggle: don't @ me

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
This picture is exactly how I imagine a cockatiel would type :derptiel:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Tsaedje posted:

Boggle: don't @ me

:neckbeard:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No but seriously guys how great are cockatiels right???

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Stop making me want to make impulse purchases

These are the most perfect amazing birds

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

Stop making me want to make impulse purchases

These are the most perfect amazing birds

I know!!! I keep "accidentally" putting on potato videos so my husband can see them, and I've even got him stopping to look at potatoes we happen to see in the local bird stores etc. We don't have room for one (and I know we would end up with several), but I know we would end up being the crazy bird couple in our neighborhood.

They are adorable little derps tho....

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I'm saving them for Sunday...

But Serra has been getting showers and I HAVE PICTURES! :3:

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
Man i wish Tito liked showers. Only thing he likes that's water related is standing in a little bit of water in the sink. Like just stand in it, and occasionaly dip his beak in, that's it. There's only been one time where i sprayed him and he enjoyed it.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I saw an advert for a wee babby sun conure for sale that mentioned "loves the sun and loves water", yep that's a conure alright

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Judah hated bathing and just wanted to shove his whole head in the faucet so he'd have a sopping wet head and look blissful :derptiel:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
My trick has been this -

1. For my legs, I take baths most days. Serra goes into her travel cage and sits next to the bath tub with some treats.

2. At the end of bath, she gets a spritz with the showerhead.

3. Because it has made her molt incredibly easier, she only protested the first time. Now, she gets soaked, preens for ten minutes, and shuts her eyes while sitting next to my fan.

Bird loves fan.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
She looks like she's trying to sell you something dubious :3:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

GoldStandardConure posted:

I saw an advert for a wee babby sun conure for sale that mentioned "loves the sun and loves water", yep that's a conure alright

Buy it and call it Ikaros

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Buy it, call it Ra, then buy another conure of a different type and call that one Icarus.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Hello everyone it's Crouton Csunday! With a side order of Galbedir.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
how is croutons health going?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Sekkira posted:

Buy it, call it Ra, then buy another conure of a different type and call that one Icarus.

Helios! to keep the theme

Would buy them a model parthenon to hang out in.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I just like to mix pantheons.

Also because Apollo is already famous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnO_f5bpwF0

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
a caique named Jack (after Spring Heeled Jack)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sekkira posted:

I just like to mix pantheons.

Also because Apollo is already famous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnO_f5bpwF0

Was expecting Apollo Justice.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Went to Ms. Cookies's mom's place and made a friend. (sorry for the self tweet.)

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1048972435087872000

The bird fluttered around and into the kitchen near the lit stove. All I could think to do was bodyblock the lil guy, so he just booped into my chest and fluttered to the ground. Just wanted to keep him from the stove and food. Then he was kinda bumbling around on the ground like a happy dope, stomping and singing. Hopped right up on my finger and happily went to his cage, singing and head bobbing the whole way.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Rotten Cookies posted:

Went to Ms. Cookies's mom's place and made a friend. (sorry for the self tweet.)

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1048972435087872000

The bird fluttered around and into the kitchen near the lit stove. All I could think to do was bodyblock the lil guy, so he just booped into my chest and fluttered to the ground. Just wanted to keep him from the stove and food. Then he was kinda bumbling around on the ground like a happy dope, stomping and singing. Hopped right up on my finger and happily went to his cage, singing and head bobbing the whole way.

What a good BIRB!

(Lookit dat crest!)

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

GoldStandardConure posted:

how is croutons health going?

She's going well but she's taken to pulling Galbedir's feathers out because she's mean and nasty. I've tried separating them but Galbedir's Stockholm syndrome is in full gear so he flock calls and tries to escape even when they're right next to each other but separated by a cage wall. (Also he never struggles or tries to get away when Crouton chomps him, just squeaks sadly and then tries feeding her more food.)

Luckilyyearly vet visit is coming up so I'll see what he recommends.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

*boots small girl out the way* It's MY turn to hug blue puppy.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Double posting to say I found a new apartment! A few pages ago I mentioned having roommates that would cover the cage indefinitely (although I said they could if he was too noisy, there's an LED light in the cage that keeps the whole thing bright) or bang on the door to spook Banana into being quiet. Excited to have our own place. The other big bonus is that we can finally sleep in separate rooms!

He's gonna have a nice big, bright living room. I can't wait.

I might even get another budgie. I think he needs a friend because right now his flock includes myself, a bell and a cellphone.

And Captain Log, silly question but is Blue the yellow budgie and Yellow the blue one?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Double posting to say I found a new apartment! A few pages ago I mentioned having roommates that would cover the cage indefinitely (although I said they could if he was too noisy, there's an LED light in the cage that keeps the whole thing bright) or bang on the door to spook Banana into being quiet. Excited to have our own place. The other big bonus is that we can finally sleep in separate rooms!

He's gonna have a nice big, bright living room. I can't wait.

I might even get another budgie. I think he needs a friend because right now his flock includes myself, a bell and a cellphone.

And Captain Log, silly question but is Blue the yellow budgie and Yellow the blue one?

Nah, that'd be too clever. Blue is blue, yellow is yellow. (They are secretly Chuck II and Tito II)

I had a picture filled week. Serra Sun...Monday soon!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Serra Smonday is a perfectly cromulent day of the week :colbert:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Tendai posted:

Serra Smonday is a perfectly cromulent day of the week :colbert:

Cromulent. I approve of this message.

Anywho! Remember what I said about getting the bird to bath? Here is the process -

Sits here while I take a soak for my legs -

Then...d'aaaaaawwwww!

Close up for posterity -

She likes getting bathed, but doesn't like mirrors. She normally flies into them or hides -

Then, she does this -

Believe it or not, she is pleased as punch. She spends about five minutes floofing and drying off like a boss.

Then she tries to eat my paracord -

So, I go to the bird store once a week. I've become close friends with someone there and get great access to awesome birds. Like this fella! He stays there about once a month to board. Yes...he has an underbite -

We match!

I've also had my eye on this borb of a Quaker.

She has eyes for my phone. This is what a bird looks like before it jumps a yard -

It's been a good week. Birb says hi to the webs.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Captain Log posted:

Then she tries to eat my paracord -

Green and long must be food yes

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://twitter.com/tojimarumini/status/1049481634154606593

fashionable

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

How did they manage to get clothing on a budgie?

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Hi! I just wanted you all to know that Pip is a very good bird

Finally having a pet bird is awesome, it's lovely coming home to this fluffball. I've taught him a couple of dumb tricks and he always hangs out on my shoulder. He's totally shredded 1.5 shirts so far though!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tann posted:

Hi! I just wanted you all to know that Pip is a very good bird

Finally having a pet bird is awesome, it's lovely coming home to this fluffball. I've taught him a couple of dumb tricks and he always hangs out on my shoulder. He's totally shredded 1.5 shirts so far though!

Look at this tiny blue guy :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Plant MONSTER. posted:

How did they manage to get clothing on a budgie?

Clothing on birds is one of my special jams. Blasts from the past for y'alls Tuesday

Shirec posted:

My fascination with birds wearing hats has been rewarded most wonderfully today

I think this is the best one I've seen yet

Mizuti posted:

Moluccan the Barbarian

1500 posted:

Marry Christmas