Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Raku posted:

What's his stand called

「KRYPTONITE」

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vice-president-mike-pence-colts-nfl-anthem-stunt_us_5bb8cfd5e4b0876eda9e78fe The staged event where Pence walked out of a Colts game over the anthem kneeling cost taxpayers over $300k

quote:

Newly released documents from the Department of Homeland Security show more clearly that Pence’s early departure was a stunt — and not a cheap one at that. The Secret Service on Friday released receipts and folios indicating more than $75,000 in expenses, including hotels, travel and additional security measures.

But this is hardly the extent of the bill. As The Washington Post reported in the days after the game, Air Force Two costs approximately $43,000 an hour to operate, which the Post estimated meant a total bill of $250,000 for the flight alone. That’s to say nothing of the cost of local law enforcement, an extra ambulance and extra trauma teams at the local hospitals, with many of these supernumeraries making overtime for Sunday work. None of those expenses was included in the Secret Service’s cost breakdown. All told, it cost $325,000 at the very least for the vice president not to watch a football game.

According to the newly released — and heavily redacted — documents, the hotel rooms for Pence’s security team totaled $64,637.88, split between nine different properties, with the heftiest bill of $25,151 at the Marriott Indianapolis Downtown. A heavily redacted document titled “LRC Air/Rail Detail Report by Project Code” with a “report period” of Oct. 7 through Oct. 9 has an amount at the bottom of $8,877.91, presumably for certain travel expenses. Temporary walkways deployed in downtown Indianapolis add another $2,368.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

How are the Jags against the run? I know their pass defense is very good. I have a feeling we're going to need another good Kareem Hunt game today...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1048968453238005761

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Break a leg big ben, ya fat gently caress

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
odell owns

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

He threw his whole team under the bus.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Chichevache posted:

He threw his whole team under the bus.

That's where they belong.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

me at work

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Manoueverable posted:

I miss Mack Strong, top tier FB and top tier football name

Man, I'm having trouble believing this was ever a thing. Time to look up old game highlights I guess

Sam Gash was my favorite. His hand was so apparently so hosed up and swollen that he had to wear an oversize Superbowl band.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Sean Lee is out for tonight's game. Putting all my funbucks on Houston covering.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Spanish announcers own and Graham Gano owns.

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1049061302608392192?s=19

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

You’d think there’d come a point where Cam can no longer outdo himself but we clearly haven’t reached it yet.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

fsif posted:

You’d think there’d come a point where Cam can no longer outdo himself but we clearly haven’t reached it yet.

By 2020 he will wear the Lady Gaga meat dress.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chichevache posted:

By 2020 he will wear the Lady Gaga meat dress.

I'm hoping for the Bjork swan dress.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chichevache posted:

Sean Lee is out for tonight's game. Putting all my funbucks on Houston covering.

Were going to be fine

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Do teams actually pay for kickers next year, or is this just a weird first half of the season with muffed kicks

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Tae posted:

Do teams actually pay for kickers next year, or is this just a weird first half of the season with muffed kicks

Expect every team to try and trade up to draft a kicker until #1 overall is whoever Alabama has or whoever.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pungry posted:

Expect every team to try and trade up to draft a kicker until #1 overall is whoever Alabama has or whoever.

You don't watch college football do you

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

mastershakeman posted:

You don't watch college football do you

No; you tell me who the best kicker in CFB is and I'll tell you who is being drafted #1 overall

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Pungry posted:

Because that worked so well for the Bucs.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Absolutely dont draft a bama kicker

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1049045106991349760

START EKELER

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
is 15 yards on 6 rushes good

i know 44 and a TD on one reception is

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

goodness.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I am fully in favor of replacing regular announcers with the Spanish ones. Especially if they yell GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!! and have their tables periodically broken.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gatts posted:

I am fully in favor of replacing regular announcers with the Spanish ones. Especially if they yell GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!! and have their tables periodically broken.

So stealing more American jobs? :thunk:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Are... are there illegal immigrant announcers? Is that who announces Tractor Pulls and other sports where Americans wont announce for that money?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

No. It's capitalism. If the Americans cared they'd pull themselves up by the bootstraps and work equally as hard and would lower their rates to compete demonstrating better performance for you see the free market...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Barudak posted:

Are... are there illegal immigrant announcers? Is that who announces Tractor Pulls and other sports where Americans wont announce for that money?

No, but Gatts wants them replacing good, hard-working, American announcers, like Jason Witten.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Now you gotta ask yourself, where's his other hand?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

so mason crosby has the yips huh

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

Azhais posted:

Now you gotta ask yourself, where's his other hand?

Between two pillows?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If the loving Jets railroaded the Broncos imagine what the Rams are going to do hahahahaha

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FizFashizzle posted:

so mason crosby has the yips huh

The entirety of the NFC North this weekend: 5/12 on FG attempts. All of them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Kickers around the league are doing terrible this year. The browns are 5-0 but for want of a kicker.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
So I went to the Hall of Fame yesterday and it was pretty awesome. Seeing all the jerseys and memorabilia from these larger than life heroes I worshiped as a kid was just amazing. If any of you are ever anywhere near Canton (like maybe you're trying to score some cheap meth!) then I really recommend going.

It was pretty depressing seeing this massive wall sized photo of the best defensive player the Raiders ever had!

Oh look, more swag from a guy who plays football better than Jon Gruden drafts, manages rosters and coaches!

For my Browns fam

I think we can all enjoy a reminder of when Fournette skullfucked the Steelers in the garbage city of Pittsburgh

For my AFC West bros

except Denver because gently caress the Broncos forever

oh yeah one more thing, they have a theater show thing called "Road to the Super Bowl" where they do a brief recap of how each team got to the playoffs then a quick run through of the playoff games. Once it gets to the Super Bowl, the goddamn seating platform did a 180 until you're in front of a really massive theater screen...where they do the Super Bowl. Holy poo poo it was amazing watching the Eagles beat the dickhead Patriots on a huge screen like that! It was like sex!

The best part was that shortly after the theater show I came across this

Philly Special bitches!

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 8, 2018

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JonBecker28/status/1049096134055014401?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president