Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ABC

Nondevor posted:

I want us to set up a floor that’s just a DMV driving practice course. Traffic cones, those lovely do not enter signs, that stadium in the image, etc.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
CCB, and... man, I don't know that there's any way to decorate this restaurant RIGHT. Just go with whatever your heart desires.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, you could go full on yellow and do a magic school bus theme with the pictures, you could go dmv, top gear, or even chuck-e-cheese knockoff.

Like, the whole restraunt screams 'hot wheels restaurant for kids with arcades and activities'

I look at it and I think 'kids menu' and 'toy story pizza palace'.

It looks like a family restaurant for families with young boys.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

A GERMAN CUISINE FORMULA ONE RACING RESTAURANT
:magical:

And let's go full yellow with CCC.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

“pike dumplings,” actually a heap of celery with a single crayfish perched on top

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Nondevor posted:

... and you’re telling me this stadium thing isn’t a floor decoration for us to use?

Erm, um, *cough* *cough*, uh, *tugs collar*

OK so that's also something we can use. It's not actually a floor decoration, it's a stage for performances. I don't think we have any performers lined up who can use a stage that large, but that doesn't have to stop us from putting it in our restaurant. The only problem is that it takes up a good 50% of the floor space of whichever floor we place it on, so if we add that as well as the traffic cones, signs etc., there probably won't be any room for, y'know, tables. That's why I removed it immediately, but we're making plenty of money now, so we could easily devote an entire floor to a little race course.

Pharohman777 posted:

I mean, you could go full on yellow and do a magic school bus theme with the pictures, you could go dmv, top gear, or even chuck-e-cheese knockoff.

Like, the whole restraunt screams 'hot wheels restaurant for kids with arcades and activities'

I look at it and I think 'kids menu' and 'toy story pizza palace'.

It looks like a family restaurant for families with young boys.

It does have a Pizza Planet vibe going on, now that I think about it. Which makes it even odder that it's actually a fine dining German restaurant.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Sauerbraten is the food of the gods, that what it is! My Oma makes it twice a year (Easter and Christmas, and occasionally for very special occasions). Properly done it takes several days to prepare and make because the meat it supposed to spend that long in a vinegar/wine marinade. In some regions they put raisins in there, but no variation that I know of adds cookies*. In my region it goes with Spätzle as well as something sweet (in my family it's pears and lingonberries) to offset the marinade's sourness.

Re: the updates: Holy poo poo, a F1-themed restaurant! :psyduck:

Holy poo poo, the cheating side story wasn't a fakeout! :stonk:

* fake edit: I just looked it up, apparently a German restaurant in NYC popularised a variety of Sauerbraten where gingersnap cookie crumbs are added to the gravy. I don't think this exists outside of the US, though

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

This update is glorious, it has the weirdest loving restaurant and the cheating wasn't a fakeout or anything.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
What's that third race track? The first two are Shanghai and Hockenheim, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the third is supposed to be. It looks awfully familiar, but I can't quite put a finger on it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:psyduck: :confused: :psyduck:

Pharohman777 posted:

Lets go and turn this into a full on Top Gear restaurant. Pics of some of the custom 'cars' they made and drove for challenges, like the multi-story camper, and of the presenters.
Yes, you can't go wrong with as many pictures of Jeremy Clarksson as possible.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
get owned, armand 2: get owned harder

Maximum yellow for the decor.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I'm surprised that Michele is the one who breaks the affair. That puts her way above Armand in my book.

Go AEC for the restaurant.

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 7, 2018

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Tevery Best posted:

What's that third race track? The first two are Shanghai and Hockenheim, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the third is supposed to be. It looks awfully familiar, but I can't quite put a finger on it.

I just checked, and while one of them is indeed Shanghai, the one with a picture of Germany is clearly "Bahrain Track Layout", and the last one is obviously "Turkey Track Layout" :colbert:.

EDIT: since I'm checking item names anyway and I thought it was kind of funny, the names of the different table sets are the following:

A: The Whitemobile Set
B: The Tire Mountain Set
C: The Golden Sports Car Set
D: The Thirst For Speed Set
E: The Leather Luxury Set
F: The Red Eye Set

Enchanted Hat fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 7, 2018

Music Junkie
Sep 30, 2012

That's right, embrace the cute. Embrace it. You know you want to.
Holy crap, someone with enough common sense to break off the affair. Mad props to you, Michele. I actually like how that went. Now to see how the 'reconciliation' thing goes with Delia. Also. Wow. That restaurant is...uh...something. :stare: Good thing it's profitable, or going to be, 'cause almost a mil in debt? Time to grab a shovel and start digging. At least the recipe research is paying off, right?

And my vote is for a full yellow theme: CCC If we're gonna do a race car theme, we're gonna do it right. :colbert: (and by right I mean awfully, but hey.)

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

FBC is bad without being painful.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Please tell me that they're just blasting the Initial D sountrack nonstop in there.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Snark posted:

Please tell me that they're just blasting the Initial D sountrack nonstop in there.

Oh, we could totally do that! Have the customers be forced to drift everywhere.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
So why is Armand being written as such an absolute douche? They have his MISTRESS doing the moral thing, cmon.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
CCC for the first floor, which should be set up like a DMV.

FAD for the second floor, where the REAL DRIVERS get to sit.

Bottom floor should have pictures of weirdass slow cars (like a Reliant Robin) and top floor should be ridiculous concept cars (like the Ferrari Modulo)

Also, credit to Michele for breaking things off.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Jesus. How is the reconciliation gonna go?

"My mistress broke it off. Is your sister single?"

"OH ARMAND I MISSED YOU!"

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hauki posted:

“pike dumplings*,” actually a heap of celery with a single crayfish perched on top

*Dumplings do not actually contain pike.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I thought I was in the right mindset that I wouldn't be shocked when I saw what the new restaurant theme was. I was wrong.

Klaus still continues to be the hero this update, taking advantage of Armand's self-inflicted emotionally vulnerable state to manipulate him into being the cash and connections for a crazy million dollar gimmick restaurant.

Anyway, I don't care what else we do, I just want those Tonka Truck seats. So I'm voting C (Seats), C (Seats), C (Seats).

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
A German Formula 1 restaurant? This place must by default become a shrine to Michael Schumacher.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

1234567890num posted:

I'm surprised that Michele is the one who breaks the affair. That puts her way above Armand in my book.
I can only imagine she genuinely didn't know Armand was married, let alone in another relationship and when she found out she didn't feel like being a homewrecker or someone's silver medal. That's why she backed off.

But anyway - when I saw our new restaurant I honest to god though it was a subway station theme until I noticed the car hanging on the wall. Not a great first impression.

Also, the game allows you to seat your patrons in wheelchairs... seriously. Regardless of what decor wins we can only have wheelchair seating in the restaurant. It doesn't get any more tasteless than that.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

AAD and all the red decor because imo that's the closest we can come to recreating The Keating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKctlPtb64g

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
FDC for a nice uniform green look with those glorious yellow chairs.

Why is our new recipe a pile of small pastries? :colbert:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

The_White_Crane posted:

Why is our new recipe a pile of small pastries? :colbert:

:psyduck: Usually the 3D models of this game are done well enough they’re not easy to make fun of, but I’ll be damned if that doesn’t look more like a plate of small pastries than a plate of shrimp.

Robotic Folksinger
Jun 27, 2008

I guess a robot would have to be crazy to wanna be a folksinger
CAC

Also, there was a thought in the back of my mind after the cheating and losing the game show, and generally Armand being a poo poo, that the game would switch over to Delia and we would play her rise to fame as she takes over and conquers Armand's Resturant Empire, but I guess the game won't be doing that

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Robotic Folksinger posted:

Also, there was a thought in the back of my mind after the cheating and losing the game show, and generally Armand being a poo poo, that the game would switch over to Delia and we would play her rise to fame as she takes over and conquers Armand's Resturant Empire, but I guess the game won't be doing that

I was pulling for that too. It would have been a neat way to use the original cast and make it interesting, and then Armand could even have had a redemption arc after commiserating with his uncle (who IIRC had a long term affair behind the back of his own wife going on).

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Dr. Snark posted:

I just looked this up, and if there were a weird German Formula One restaurant playing Initial D at all times, I would absolutely dine there.

habeasdorkus posted:

Bottom floor should have pictures of weirdass slow cars (like a Reliant Robin) and top floor should be ridiculous concept cars (like the Ferrari Modulo)

Bloodly posted:

A German Formula 1 restaurant? This place must by default become a shrine to Michael Schumacher.

These are both fine ideas, but as usual, picture modding is first come, first served! Anyone is free to modify any of the textures I posted with whatever.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
what this restaurant needs is a metaphor for this restaurant:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Enchanted Hat posted:

A GERMAN CUISINE FORMULA ONE RACING RESTAURANT :psyboom:

You know, joking aside, I bet a place like this could ‘clean-up’ if you were to open it around Nürburg.

Enchanted Hat posted:

Oh gently caress, that's not a very good victory celebration at all! Poor Armand has been dumped! I guess we have no other option but to try to reconcile with Delia now, unless we want to try to find another mistress.

Fame is fickle, Armand. You know what else is fickle? A mistress.

She’s a French Heiress, messing around with the celebrity chef du jour.

Enchanted Hat posted:

Thread poll: what décor should we have in The Speed Trap?

Vote: CCC

Because we’re going for the most puerile, childhood wall poster, racing stripe kinda décor!

Also, Hazard Cones. As many Hazard Cones as we can fit in; make it a Hazard Cones maze. Make it like a practical exam course for a weekend motorcycle class.

Pharohman777 posted:

Lets go and turn this into a full on Top Gear restaurant. Pics of some of the custom 'cars' they made and drove for challenges, like the multi-story camper, and of the presenters.

Please, please, please, someone who knows how to mess with the image files, please do this.

I need portraits of Jezzer, May, Hamster, classic Stig, and the Top Gear Test Track on the walls.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Sorry no.

(feel free to ignore it in favor of something better, or rather please do)

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007

Enchanted Hat posted:

We've researched some new recipes. This is our new German main, Sauerbraten. I don't actually know what that is, but it's fun to say. Sauerbraten. Also, I'm going to bet that it's not supposed to contain cookies.

Oddly enough, the gravy for Sauerbraten is generally thickened with crushed gingerbread, so the game did manage to get this one random detail correct.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Poil posted:

Sorry no.

(feel free to ignore it in favor of something better, or rather please do)

Too late, I just added the most challenging course and obstacles in the world.

(Also feel free to edit mine if you have a funnier idea)

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Michele's dialogue really implied she didn't know at first Armand was married, and only found out through other sources.

But yeah, there's a real lack of reflection there, just Armand whining about how bad things are without acknowledging that any of it was his fault.

...actually, did Armand actually tell anyone he was taking a work vacation? Is Delia at their house worried sick - or preparing to file divorce in absentia (assuming he just ran off with his mistress) because Armand hasn't come home in weeks?

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I'm surprised the cheating plotline didn't really go anywhere more dramatic, but I suppose they felt some small need to avoid giving Delia a reason to completely drop Armand, what with the definitely baby hint earlier.

Robindaybird posted:

...actually, did Armand actually tell anyone he was taking a work vacation? Is Delia at their house worried sick - or preparing to file divorce in absentia (assuming he just ran off with his mistress) because Armand hasn't come home in weeks?

"Armand, I went to Treize to find you and there was this German man in charge who said you'd done a restaurant swap? Is this a new TV show thing you didn't mention? Half the reason I knew you were actually alive at all is because Rebecca at the research kitchen told me you'd put in the money for a bunch of German recipes."

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Zagglezig posted:

"Armand, I went to Treize to find you and there was this German man in charge who said you'd done a restaurant swap? Is this a new TV show thing you didn't mention? Half the reason I knew you were actually alive at all is because Rebecca at the research kitchen told me you'd put in the money for a bunch of German recipes."

OMG, this is brilliant!

We need to fill in the rest of the story with vignettes from the rest of the LeBoeuf Empire!!

Test Kitchen, Finance Folks, the Decorators, Truck Drivers, etc.!!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
I'm imaginging the Test Kitchen has their own reality show, wherein they prank Armand with recipes, and he never catches on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'm imaginging the Test Kitchen has their own reality show, wherein they prank Armand with recipes, and he never catches on.
Maybe that's why his ratings were terrible - everyone was tuning in to see a BLT made with anchovies, brown sugar, and no bread, but what they got was sensible cooking advice.