Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Erdricks posted:

Apparently weekend hots rule still applies to TL. I had overall great games during the week but played a few late last night that were clusterfucks from the draft on.

I discovered the same thing. Its my own fault for thinking TL might be different

I was one match away from masters and I have nobody but myself to blame for not just waiting until next week to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Grats to HGC Europe for getting rid of the most embarrassing major region team

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I discovered the same thing. Its my own fault for thinking TL might be different

I was one match away from masters and I have nobody but myself to blame for not just waiting until next week to play

FWIW everyone I've heard with that story won a master's promo game in the next ~week. Good luck?

Midnightghoul posted:

Grats to HGC Europe for getting rid of the most embarrassing major region team

And in awesome fashion. The first two were pretty boring stomps, game 3 was good, and then I thought 'oh this is it they lost' on Towers.

For those that didn't watch: The top EU Open Division (amateur league) team, ePunks, swept Monkey Menagerie which was objectively the worst HGC team by a very wide margin in the Crucible today, earning a place in HGC and relegating MM to Open Div, assuming they don't disband.

Game 4 had MM up 36-16 or thereabouts on ToD, and then ePunks came back and won with the core HP at 2-1 as their Dehaka pushed a friggin' sapper past Junkrat as an altar spawned - they'd already lost one hero in the 4v4 team fight and were almost certainly going to lose the altar and the game otherwise. Blowing a 20 point lead and losing to a sapper while down 3-0 was the most MM way to lose I can imagine, and it was a very fun game to watch.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I just had a weird game where at around level 5, the Samuro said he was throwing until I (Stukov) apologized. Except I had no clue what he wanted me to apologize for and he refused to say.

We lost, of course.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
To be fair, MM didn't want to win and was on their way out of the pro scene already. People on the team were going back to college / doing other stuff and had openly given up scrimming and stuff like that.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Erdricks posted:

To be fair, MM didn't want to win and was on their way out of the pro scene already. People on the team were going back to college / doing other stuff and had openly given up scrimming and stuff like that.

To be fair pretty much all the other teams already refused to scrim with them for the past 1-2 seasons

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

edit: nm had another game alt tabbed sucking all my cpus and rams

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 7, 2018

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Fingers crossed for a Dreadlord, I've wanted to play as one since the game launched.

Will settle for Pit Lord, though.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1048981321115213826

It's a dreadlord!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Does he self-identify as a turtle?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Should have been Jaraxxus, teased as the gnome that summons him.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

I am going to assume all the people posting Deathwing and pictures of Deathwing in the comments when the green flame picture were released were just being memers or something.

Also, place your bets for class type.

My guess? A highly mobile assassin because we never get those.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

ToastyPotato posted:

I am going to assume all the people posting Deathwing and pictures of Deathwing in the comments when the green flame picture were released were just being memers or something.

Also, place your bets for class type.

My guess? A highly mobile assassin because we never get those.

I’ve got my fingers crossed for a lifesteal tank

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm hoping a thrall type sideliner

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why are the Mal'ganis teases focusing on minions

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Time for people to be angry that it's not the specific dreadlord they want

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Macaluso posted:

Why are the Mal'ganis teases focusing on minions

Possibly a possession mechanic like the Sylvanas talent? That would be in-character for a Dreadlord

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Dire Human posted:

I’ve got my fingers crossed for a lifesteal tank
But we already have Xul

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Genuinely hoping he's a main tank. We could use one, and the Dreadlord kit lends itself to cc.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
I bet he can corrupt or otherwise use the minions, judging by the image text. Hope it's something interesting, not just health or mana regen.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Grei Skuring posted:

I bet he can corrupt or otherwise use the minions, judging by the image text. Hope it's something interesting, not just health or mana regen.

Sure, but how do you beat Garrosh trowing minions at enemies to stun them ?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Captain Oblivious posted:

Genuinely hoping he's a main tank. We could use one, and the Dreadlord kit lends itself to cc.

Blizzard announces him as a main tank with no peel ability or hard CC

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

They got a wide array of abilities to pull from. I can imagine them being mages, mobile melee assassin's and tanks with a life steal gimmick.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Dire Human posted:

Possibly a possession mechanic like the Sylvanas talent? That would be in-character for a Dreadlord

Assuming it's Mal'ganis specifically, he was the one "harvesting" infected villagers in Stratholme. The most literal interpretation of this in HotS would be infecting enemy minions so that they briefly become neutral before being added to your forces.

Of course, for all the things he might be, I'm guessing split-pusher extraordinaire is at the bottom of the list.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Given the green armour, that is most likely Mal'ganas. Dreadlords tend to have a colour theme. Balnazzar is purple, Tichondrius is red, Mal'ganas is green, and I can't remember what Varimathras was.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Given the green armour, that is most likely Mal'ganas. Dreadlords tend to have a colour theme. Balnazzar is purple, Tichondrius is red, Mal'ganas is green, and I can't remember what Varimathras was.

Red.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So now that Team League is solo queuable, is that the go-to ranked mode? Or is it still hero league?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Always play both so you can claim the higher rank is your true rank

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

my true rank is GM because that is what my rank is in my heart

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Wow now Zuna is gone too, so many meme targets fading from the pro scene in one weekend

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Super proud of talking trees, used to play a lot of scrims with him in 2016. His genji on towers was great. Did 85k hero damage compared to 88k on chromie

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I just finished my last team league placement game and landed in gold 2. It really did feel like TL had better games than HL or any other game mode.

Last game had a Nova that got called all kinds of poo poo in chat for that pick while I was trying to calm things down "relax we can still win" etc. won that game and nova had top hero damage and 0 deaths. Is there a point to this anecdote, not really, just glad we won that game.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the point of the anecdote is that sometimes people actually know what they're doing and you shouldn't immediately panic/throw because you don't like their pick

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Kith posted:

the point of the anecdote is that sometimes people actually know what they're doing and you shouldn't immediately panic/throw because you don't like their pick

Well yeah but it sounds better when someone else says that as a response. :cheers:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

doverhog posted:

Well yeah but it sounds better when someone else says that as a response. :cheers:

fair enough

On a completely different note, I just realized that Blizzard is adding a Dreadlord around the Halloween season, which is excellent timing.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Psyched for Dreadlord and I'm hoping ults are Infernal and something wild like mass sleep. Is this the last WC3 faction hero to be incorporated? I know technically Shadow Hunter isn't in, but rehgar is close enough. Also when they rework ETC they should make him Cairn.

I've been getting Maiev to 10 and she is by far the hero with the biggest difference between drunk and sober play I've tried so far. So much fun when you can reliably hit 2 with knives and absolutely miserable when you just e in, miss your q then die over and over again.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Camel Camus posted:

I've been getting Maiev to 10 and she is by far the hero with the biggest difference between drunk and sober play I've tried so far.

Sorry for the meme but this immediately popped in my mind.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Camel Camus posted:

Psyched for Dreadlord and I'm hoping ults are Infernal and something wild like mass sleep. Is this the last WC3 faction hero to be incorporated? I know technically Shadow Hunter isn't in, but rehgar is close enough. Also when they rework ETC they should make him Cairn.

I've been getting Maiev to 10 and she is by far the hero with the biggest difference between drunk and sober play I've tried so far. So much fun when you can reliably hit 2 with knives and absolutely miserable when you just e in, miss your q then die over and over again.
ETC is the last hero I ever expect to have his abilities changed, and honestly his moveset is a more exciting version of cairne's (outside the ulti and cairne's ulti would be lame in hots). Allegedly he was modeled after cairne then made more exciting. If you mean like.... release a cairne skin when they rework his talents maybe but cairne powersliding might be too memey.

Yeah this is the last of the faction ones. The only really visually cool hero left is the naga sea witch (imo).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 8, 2018

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Is Rehgar anything like a Shadow Hunter outside of having a chain heal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
No... but shadow hunter's problem is that his abilities have all been used on other heroes (rehgar's chain heal, bw's poly, gazlowe's turret, sanct). A hero with his moveset would be tough to make feel unique.