Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Black suit spidey more like

Did he make a non-Venom version of it? I can never keep track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Rhyno posted:

May knowing Peter is Spiderman adds so much to the core concept of the character. JMS and Bendis did so much with that idea.

Holy poo poo, agreed. I don't know why it didn't occur to me until just now but maybe that's what they are planning on doing for the movies.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sucks that Hannah will never do official Spidey, but maybe it's for the best that she has the creative freedom of her webcomics

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Who What Now posted:

Did he make a non-Venom version of it? I can never keep track.

Yeah, for a while. I think he stopped wearing it when Venom showed up? Or maybe he switched between black and regular.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, for a while. I think he stopped wearing it when Venom showed up? Or maybe he switched between black and regular.

Not sure, but at one point all his other suits were trashed/too filthy even for him, and he *had* to go out in a black one (Might have been a gift from Black Cat, can't recall for sure) and MJ poo poo bricks.

<insert funny panel here after I get back>

What If? V2 #31, apparently. (GIS result)

Snark:

1 - "The Clone Saga takes on a new twist."

2 - "And here you thought Tony Stark was going to be the only one dressing his girlfriend up like himself."

3 - "OK, run with this - WEB-MENACE BAD-TOUCHES INNOCENT MODEL!"

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 7, 2018

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

That has me imagining Crochet Venom.

Edit: Oh, yup. That's about right.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

?? with doop-chan :o:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Is it weird that I would rather read about Spider-Man just hanging out and making New York a better place than punching the same dudes and getting poo poo on by the universe over and over again?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ygolonac posted:

Not sure, but at one point all his other suits were trashed/too filthy even for him, and he *had* to go out in a black one (Might have been a gift from Black Cat, can't recall for sure) and MJ poo poo bricks.

<insert funny panel here after I get back>

What If? V2 #31, apparently. (GIS result)

Snark:

1 - "The Clone Saga takes on a new twist."

2 - "And here you thought Tony Stark was going to be the only one dressing his girlfriend up like himself."

3 - "OK, run with this - WEB-MENACE BAD-TOUCHES INNOCENT MODEL!"

With great power comes great narcissism I guess, if Peter's decided the sexiest thing a woman can wear is his own costume.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Pete just couldn't get horned up while she was in the kraven outfit

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Filthy Haiku posted:

Is it weird that I would rather read about Spider-Man just hanging out and making New York a better place than punching the same dudes and getting poo poo on by the universe over and over again?

Someday we'll get the Spider-Man slice of life comic series we deserve.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

For Peter, it's the equivalent of MJ wearing one of his dress shirts

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Teddybear posted:

Someday we'll get the Spider-Man slice of life comic series we deserve.

The Everyday Spider-Man

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Thanks

I hate it

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Filthy Haiku posted:

Absolutely not. I like comics scenes with heroes that save regular folks from peril, more than when they're saving the universe. Eg, in New Frontier, when Wonder Woman gets a bunch of Vietnamese women to rise up and liberate themselves, and Batman changes his cowl because he freaked out small child while trying to rescue him, and realized he was TOO spooky. God that's such a good book.

TwoPair posted:

With great power comes great narcissism I guess, if Peter's decided the sexiest thing a woman can wear is his own costume.

"Would you gently caress me? I'd gently caress me."

...and I just weirded myself out

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Cannonball looks like he's taking a whizz.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Lurdiak posted:

Yep! He got a regular cloth version from Black Cat and used that for a few years. Then Venom broke in and terrorized MJ and when Peter came in wearing his costume she freaked out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Filthy Haiku posted:

It is only a single issue but you need to read Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man 310. It just came out and is Chip Z'Darsky's final issue and is literally about that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lobok posted:

Cannonball looks like he's taking a whizz.
He's just been reading JoJo's.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

NoneMoreNegative posted:

It might just be the way Doop's finger is drawn but it looks like Wolvie is resting his packing on there.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Thanks, but I meant the whole thing as being the gang tag.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

It is only a single issue but you need to read Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man 310. It just came out and is Chip Z'Darsky's final issue and is literally about that.

If you are ANY kind of Spider-Man fan, you have to read this.

It is without a doubt the greatest Spider-Man story ever. Zdarsky perfectly captured the essence of Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Proteus Jones posted:

If you are ANY kind of Spider-Man fan, you have to read this.

It is without a doubt the greatest Spider-Man story ever. Zdarsky perfectly captured the essence of Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

I'm not sure I can sign off on greatest Spider-Man story ever, it might be one of the greatest single issue stories ever though as it's that good.

As I said before if someone asked me for a single issue to describe who a character is it would be my pick.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

site posted:

Sucks that Hannah will never do official Spidey, but maybe it's for the best that she has the creative freedom of her webcomics

Didn't she have a backup during some recent-ish anniversary issue?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Archyduke posted:

Didn't she have a backup during some recent-ish anniversary issue?

I think so but she swore off marvel after they did one of their recent stupid rear end moves iirc, though i can't remember which one. She talked about it on Twitter if you're inclined to dig in

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Heroes fighting regular people or helping the same might have the hero be in less outright danger, but I can enjoy those stories more because, hey, we regular people get in trouble all the time and sometimes you really just wish someone would help us out with that, you know?

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

10 Beers posted:

Yep! He got a regular cloth version from Black Cat and used that for a few years.

And he switched back and forth between the original and the black costume during that time, depending on which one was clean that day.

Amazing Spider-Man #269

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Read the first trade of 'Darth Vader' free with Prime Reading, I'm liking 000 & BT-1 here :cool:

Also 000 must be read in the voice of Creepio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lUAnrX7gqw

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I think I like the Supermobile better than the Batmobile.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lobok posted:

I think I like the Supermobile better than the Batmobile.

???

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Supermobile has fists?! Oh now I definitely prefer it over the Batmobile.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, when I was a kid the Supermobile toy was one of my favorite Hot Wheels, because it could punch my other Hot Wheels.

e: and yes, the fists worked.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

muscles like this! posted:

i didn't come to the funny panels thread to cry, dammit

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

This must be the issue Jon Peters read.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Here's a set of funny panels from Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #3

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Man, when I was a kid the Supermobile toy was one of my favorite Hot Wheels, because it could punch my other Hot Wheels.

Same. I had both that toy and that issue of Action Comics.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've probably read 3 different Silver Age comics where either Batman and Robin gain superpowers temporarily, Superman loses powers where Batman gains them, or Clark and Bruce switch costumes and have to pretend to be the other person.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

https://twitter.com/nellucnhoj/status/1050053344822222850

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh gabby