Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
You want to know why Ravens keep splitting or get swept each season with the Bengals? It's partially because the NFL keeps fuckin with us, and putting the second meeting at he last game of he season ALMOST EVERY YEAR THIS DECADE

We're usually too exhausted from more important games played earlier (already eliminated from the playoffs, or too injured to really put up a fight).

2017: last game
2016: last game
2015: last game
2012: last game
2011: last game
2010: last game

On our schedule every year, there are THIRTEEN different teams to choose from.

this year is only the third time in a decade hat es with a different team.

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Oct 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
last game is always divisional which is good and the steelers always have to put the coup de grace on a Browns head coach except hue so it ends up being that

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

a patagonian cavy posted:

last game is always divisional which is good and the steelers always have to put the coup de grace on a Browns head coach except hue so it ends up being that

Oh I know, but they could at least switch up the divisional opponents every year, instead of once a decade.

and prior to 2010, we had a just a thee-peat with he Steelers ,a everyone else was unique on the final game of the season. Three Steelers, one brows,one Bengals , and three non-divisional is quite a breath of fresh air.

Schedule USED to not be about ratings first.

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Oct 3, 2018

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Truly amazing. Do you have any other suspicions?

I have a similar suspicion about the Browns, but it's hard to say because they've never been consistently good since coming back to the league in 1999. So not nearly as strong as the Bengals one.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Putting the biannual Troma movie masquerading as a football game that is Steelers - Bengals in week 17 is not a good idea.

Ravens in week 17 just makes a lot sense. More likely to be playoff implications than the Browns, less likely to cause your viewers to puke from the severed limbs on the field than the Steelers.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Truly amazing. Do you have any other suspicions?

He thought the Redskins would win the superbowl for generations with RG3.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

defaultluser posted:

Oh I know, but they could at least switch up the divisional opponents every year, instead of once a decade.

and prior to 2010, we had a just a thee-peat with he Steelers ,a everyone else was unique on the final game of the season. Three Steelers, one brows,one Bengals , and three non-divisional is quite a breath of fresh air.

Schedule USED to not be about ratings first.

Rivalry game being the last game of the year is cool, it just shouldn't be the Bengals AT Cincinnati every goddamn year. 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016 are ended at the Bengals at Paul Brown stadium. 2010 and 2017 were also against the Bengals but at least they were at home.

The way the NFL schedules divisional games in general is dumb. Like the Steelers are about to come up on a stretch of 3 straight divisional games. 2012 the Ravens played the Steelers twice in three weeks. They should just set 6 weeks of the year aside as 'rivalry weeks' and space them out (like week 4, 7, 10, 13, and 17 and you can't play any team twice before you've played them all once, and alternate home games for week 17).

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the nfl is scripted to give the steelers an easy last game, usually (not this year don't troll me)

also they would never in a million years bury steelers ravens in week 17

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bengals always get Ravens/steelers week 17 and they will only start giving us Browns when they are good and Pit is a cellar dweller.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kawalimus posted:

I have a similar suspicion about the Browns, but it's hard to say because they've never been consistently good since coming back to the league in 1999. So not nearly as strong as the Bengals one.

I'm beginning to think these teams may exist only to torment you

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

defaultluser posted:

We're usually too exhausted from more important games played earlier (already eliminated from the playoffs, or too injured to really put up a fight).

I need to work out a secret handshake with you man. get to know you

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

the nfl is scripted to give the steelers an easy last game, usually (not this year don't troll me)

also they would never in a million years bury steelers ravens in week 17

:biotruths:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens will lose to the Browns

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i putted this post into the WRong thread.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Ravens are back baby!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Browns suck Ravens won

insert a Kawalimus-esq breakdown of why we suck except it's actually true.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Browns, b i n ch

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

virtual tie

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ghost Dog posted:

virtual tie

Still a W

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Lol.

By the way thanks to tiebreakers Steelers are in the basement

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

Lol.

By the way thanks to tiebreakers Steelers are in the basement

Until next week when you take your annual shithousing in Paul Brown

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

THE BENGALS FUCKIN RULE

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bengals have this wrapped up. None of the other teams even close. Unless they piss the bed against Pittsburgh like they often do.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Bengals have this wrapped up.

They're the Bengals, and they will start their slide next week

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

They're the Bengals, and they will start their slide next week

They play pittsburgh who are kind of lovely. There's flashes of their old selves like today but they are on the decline.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

They play pittsburgh who are kind of lovely. There's flashes of their old selves like today but they are on the decline.

If you say so, Mr Never Right!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kawalimus said a lot of correct things in the game day thread today. and i live in his house. Well technically it's both of our house, but he takes care of me a little

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cavauro posted:

kawalimus said a lot of correct things in the game day thread today. and i live in his house. Well technically it's both of our house, but he takes care of me a little

are you one of zomodoks pet birds, escaped and living with kawalimus

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I was more correct today than I usually am. I also think I am correct about the drought situation still.

If we don't score against Tennessee then we have a real situation. It's weird that we could start the year perfect in the red zone then have a drought. We basically got an extra quarter added to our drought today.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
AFC North is the only division where all 4 teams are above .500

:smug:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cursed image

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Kawalimus posted:

I was more correct today than I usually am. I also think I am correct about the drought situation still.

If we don't score against Tennessee then we have a real situation. It's weird that we could start the year perfect in the red zone then have a drought. We basically got an extra quarter added to our drought today.

The Cleveland Browns have won the Super Bowl.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ravens schedule is brutal. Win against Tennessee is vital to knock them into the WC contention and maybe force tiebreaker situation. We've still got @them, Saints, @Chiefs, Chargers, @ Panthers, @Atlanta. Plus cincinnati again, Cleveland and Pittsburgh who are sometimes good.

We are good enough to make the playoffs but probably will not.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Suck my god drat balls oberst

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

NSFW that please.

Browns defense is really good and Baker Mayfield looks like an NFL QB. It would be really cool if our supposed #1 WR would catch footballs that hit him in the hands but the WR corp is so far above the usual thrice dead poo poo that I'm not even bothered.

Joe Flacco is still my hero. Steelers are the only winless team in the division.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Baker HOF good and the answer

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he did far better against the blitz than most rookies from what i saw, which is a very good sign

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Pittsburgh needs to keep letting their D be aggressive constantly like they were today. They're normally lovely enough at coverage that when they drop 8 and play soft coverage they get burnt deep anyway, so may as well send the house more and aim to force some turnovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Zerilan posted:

Pittsburgh needs to keep letting their D be aggressive constantly like they were today. They're normally lovely enough at coverage that when they drop 8 and play soft coverage they get burnt deep anyway, so may as well send the house more and aim to force some turnovers.

Sums it up