Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Torrannor posted:

I really miss botany. :(

Botany is a very good dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Wait, botany got removed for posting in diesem Faden, or postend in QCS? Bitte klärt diese Butter für mich

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Wait, botany got removed for posting in diesem Faden, or postend in QCS? Bitte klärt diese Butter für mich

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I guess the thread'll live on.

I also need to figure out how to come down from my first visit to the Hackerzelt in like 15 years. Holy poo poo, Münichem esse delendaniem (sponsored by Carls Jr.)

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Monacum delenda est

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If there's one thing that reinforced my Glaube in das Gute im Menschen, it was the fact that the Bierschubsen and Security personnel actively stopped folks from constantly cheering on people chugging Maßkrüge....

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Nie wieder Bayern!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Der letzte Freistoß im BVB-FCA-Spiel hat so weh getan :qq:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://twitter.com/problematash/status/1047852140285313025

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
FAZ hat vor Kurzem einen Schrieb von Gauland ohne Kontext oder sogar Warnung (Autor erst am Ende erwähnt) als scheinbar vollwertigen Artikel veröffentlicht. Waren die schon immer Nazis oder wie ist das?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Mithaldu posted:

FAZ hat vor Kurzem einen Schrieb von Gauland ohne Kontext oder sogar Warnung (Autor erst am Ende erwähnt) als scheinbar vollwertigen Artikel veröffentlicht. Waren die schon immer Nazis oder wie ist das?

Die Mitte ist eben keine eigene politische Strömung, sondern das, was lang genug im eigenen Saft fermentiert ist, um salonfähig zu werden.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Georg_Pazderski/status/1048688657442504705?s=19

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Imagine being so starved for icons that you look at a childish, drunken, probable rapist from the other side of the globe and go "Yeah, that's our guy!".

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Perestroika posted:

Imagine being so starved for icons that you look at a childish, drunken, probable rapist from the other side of the globe and go "Yeah, that's our guy!".

I call it The Atlantikbrücke.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

:stare:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
If it's any consolation, in case the AfD wins Pazderski will still go to the wall instead of celebrating with his nazi buddies, because he is not 100% ~bio-deutsch~.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Ich bin das linke Meinungskartell aus Politikern & wichtigen gesellschaftl. Multiplikatoren.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

https://www.zeit.de/arbeit/2018-07/sb-kassen-supermarkt-automatisierung-arbeitsplaetze-kassierer

Here, let me summarise the article:

Die ZEIT posted:

gently caress human interaction! (◕‿◕✿)

Seriously, I've got nothing against SB-Kassen as is (except that they're in no way faster than a human cashier, at least not yet) but when the main argument seems to be that having to interact with the cashier is so annoying then just lmao

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Randler posted:

If it's any consolation, in case the AfD wins Pazderski will still go to the wall instead of celebrating with his nazi buddies, because he is not 100% ~bio-deutsch~.

You mean like anyone from east of the Elbe? Pretty bold of the AfD to kill of half their base.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012

https://www.zeit.de/arbeit/2018-07/sb-kassen-supermarkt-automatisierung-arbeitsplaetze-kassierer posted:

Denke ich an Kassiererinnen, denke ich nicht an Augenkontakt oder Smalltalk, sondern an die Nervosität, die mich, drei Kunden bevor ich an der Reihe bin, befällt. Es ist der Zeitpunkt, an dem ich mich bereit mache: Die Musik aus den Ohren nehme, das Portemonnaie suche, die EC-Karte bereithalte. Im Kopf noch mal schnell den Pin durchgehe. Den Jutebeutel ausschüttele; alte Kassenzettel fliegen auf den Boden. Egal, alles muss raus. Denn gleich muss ganz schnell ganz viel rein. Gleich muss ich funktionieren.

Ich treffe letzte strategische Entscheidungen: Lege die Milch ganz vorne aufs Band, die Eier als letztes. Jetzt bin ich dran: Noch bevor ich "Guten Tag" über die Lippen gepresst habe, beept schon der erste Milchkarton. Es geht los. Kein Mensch schafft das ohne Tricks. Meine Überlebensstrategie an der Discounterkasse: Im Mittelfeld zwischen Milch und Eiern möglichst viel kleines, unverpacktes Obst und Gemüse streuen. Ingwer, Paprika, Kiwis: Hauptsache, es ist unverpackt und lässt sich nicht in Sekundenschnelle über den Scanner ziehen. Das Wiegen kostet Zeit. Zeit, um die Müslipackung und das Klopapier vom Band zu nehmen. Zeit, um kurz durchzuatmen. Geht leider nicht immer gut. An schlechten Tagen fallen die losen Kiwis in einem Moment der Unachtsamkeit dem Kassierer vor die Füße. An besonders schlechten Tagen gehen mir die verächtlichen Blicke des Kassierers nah. Und jedes Mal ringe ich mir zum Schluss trotzdem ein "Schönen Feierabend dann" ab, spreche innerlich dem nächsten Kunden mein Beileid aus und wünschte, es hätte eine SB-Kasse gegeben.
How can you be so bad at being an adult that you get so stressed about something so simple?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Why wouldn't you just get a cart and do the actual packing after you pay? If your Einkauf feels too small for a cart it's small enough not to have to stress yourself out like that. Jeez Luisa

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Every Supermarket I went to in Munich had at least one cashier who was so ethereally beautiful that I would go shopping just to look at them. Can't do that with a self service station.

Also if you don't want to talk to them you don't have to hth

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My regular supermarket has someone like that but she's usually supervising the self service stations. Win-win :v:

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Also just being nice and smiling at cashiers and getting a smile back is great. I’m also not always in the mood for human interaction but what’s so hard about being nice to people.
Some cashiers will still be grumpy but most of em are happy for a change after hundreds or thousands of customers being hectic grumpy and/or just plain assholes to them.

I don’t even know what the point of my post is anymore, I guess be nice and people will be nice to you or something.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

imo there's exactly two scenarios where getting nervous at a supermarket checkout is warranted:

1. when you're like ten years old, went shopping with your mum and she lets you wait at the checkout while she's off looking at one last scarf or w/e, while the queue in front of you gets smaller and smaller and you're sweating bullets because you don't have any money with you and even if you did you only get an allowance of ten DM a month and blew it all on chewing gun and what if the cashier wants you to pay oh god

2. when you're buying condoms for the first time (but only then)

e: hold on, I thought of a third

3. when you're a broke rear end student and are not sure if there is enough money left on your account to cover everything you wanted to buy

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 7, 2018

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Checkouts at Aldi and Lidl can be quite stressful when you don't use a cart and the shop refuses to provide baskets for some inexplicable reasons. You gotta finish cramming your poo poo into a bag/rucksack, paying and getting out of the line of fire in <10 sec or you start getting the stares and then groans, htbh. Edeka, Rewe, Real, etc. are very chill though

Pand posted:

Ich bin das linke Meinungskartell aus Politikern & wichtigen gesellschaftl. Multiplikatoren.

Hi, ich bin der Schlüsselmeister. Wir sollten uns treffen.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

There's this goth cashier at my local Kaufland, and one time instead of asking me "War alles in Ordnung?" or "Ist alles in Ordnung gewesen?", she just asked "Ist alles in Ordnung?" and I thought damb that's too real, at least buy me some clove cigarettes first before you go all existentialist on me. Ever since then I've been avoiding her because she makes me feel scawed. Submit Reply

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Checkouts at Aldi and Lidl can be quite stressful when you don't use a cart and the shop refuses to provide baskets for some inexplicable reasons. You gotta finish cramming your poo poo into a bag/rucksack, paying and getting out of the line of fire in <10 sec or you start getting the stares and then groans, htbh. Edeka, Rewe, Real, etc. are very chill though

Hi, ich bin der Schlüsselmeister. Wir sollten uns treffen.

lmao why stress over a couple of seconds, just take your time and laugh at the people behind you in queue

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

I solve this conundrum by not shopping somewhere I don't even get a basket. I'm also utterly shameless, so when I see the possibility to reduce the amount of Kleingeld I'm carrying around by paying as close to the real price as possible, I will spend a lot of time taking out tiny coins one by one

If looks could set things on fire, half of Germany would have been burned down by all the fires I've started

Smirr posted:

There's this goth cashier at my local Kaufland, and one time instead of asking me "War alles in Ordnung?" or "Ist alles in Ordnung gewesen?", she just asked "Ist alles in Ordnung?" and I thought damb that's too real, at least buy me some clove cigarettes first before you go all existentialist on me. Ever since then I've been avoiding her because she makes me feel scawed. Submit Reply

I've met a Goth cashier once. He immediately attacked me, and I had to take his sword in self defense. Now it's hanging as a trophy in my apartment.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Mithaldu posted:

Unterdessen bei der BILD

http://twitter.com/jreichelt/status/1049025147150249987

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Ich geb denen keinen Klick, aber so wie's ausschaut haben die bei einem random Typen in den USA geklingelt der das Pech hat entfernt mit Hitler verwandt zu sein und sein "gently caress off!" als Kommentar zur US-Innenpolitik verkauft, richtig?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Unrelated, aber schau mal einer an was im BStU-Archiv so alles liegt :haw:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

System Metternich posted:

Ich geb denen keinen Klick, aber so wie's ausschaut haben die bei einem random Typen in den USA geklingelt der das Pech hat entfernt mit Hitler verwandt zu sein und sein "gently caress off!" als Kommentar zur US-Innenpolitik verkauft, richtig?

Keine Ahnung, ist hinter einer Paywall. Aber da weder Hitler noch seine Schwester Kinder hatten, kann dieser Typ maximal ein Enkel von Adolfs Halbbruder sein.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

cebrail posted:

Keine Ahnung, ist hinter einer Paywall. Aber da weder Hitler noch seine Schwester Kinder hatten, kann dieser Typ maximal ein Enkel von Adolfs Halbbruder sein.

Also meine Stimme hat er

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

cebrail posted:

Enkel von Adolfs Halbbruder

mods etc.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

cebrail posted:

Unterdessen bei der BILD

https://twitter.com/realdandyknorke/status/1049038797621669888

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
When I complained about German supermarkets not having baskets everyone itt lost their poo poo lol

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Incidentally I got my Hessian voting papers now, and it turns out they're going to abolish the death penalty (if the electorate permits it). So get your Hessian death penalty jokes in while they're still accurate!

Also, Hessian ultramontanism confirmed

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Cool, can't wait for Allerheiligen and Dreikönig to be holidays in *checks calendar* 69 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Who the gently caress cares what the other peons behind you in the line think and do? Or the cashier? You are a customer, take the time you need - every Rentner does too and takes ten times as long to count all the coins thrice.