Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

JJ S2 is just miserable. All around miserable for no pay off, or anything. All the characters just get treated like poo poo and everyone ends up broken for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

hatelull posted:

Kingpin is aware Murdock is DD from S1, yeah?

From season 2. Matt visited him in jail and Wilson was subtly shown to have an "ah-ha" moment. It seemed to be left that Fisk strongly suspects it at least. Been a while since I watched it but I think he tried to call Matt's bluff by hitting him or something

Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ydnfk-RV8w

Preceding scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nHbF1bXU7Q

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 5, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

That trailer is the loving hype. I miss D'Onfrio's Kingpin. I hope we get some variation of full on costumed Bullseye. Any guesses on who he's confessing to that he's Daredevil?

His dad's tombstone.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

hatelull posted:

Did Jessica Jones ever really wear a costume in the comics? They made some cheeky references to the classic Iron Fist costume in S2, but they definitely never put Danny in a green and yellow jumpsuit. The most he gets is a hoodie with the accent colors. Probably for the best. It's not like he has an identity to hide since he tells everyone he meets that he's the Immortal Iron Fist.

She had a costume for a while as “Jewel”. They show the costume, but not her wearing it, in JJS1 when her gal pal is trying to convince her to go full superhero. It was a cute reference.

As for Danny, he's the one dude in all the MCU who should be wearing a mask drat it. Tony Stark is out there saving the world, he can kinda get away with doing it in plain sight. Danny Rand is the billionaire punching mooks on the street, he should be getting hit with lawsuits all the time. I'd let myself get Iron Fisted for that sweet sweet out of court settlement money.

Tom Guycot posted:

JJ S2 is just miserable. All around miserable for no pay off, or anything. All the characters just get treated like poo poo and everyone ends up broken for nothing.

Sadly, this. I adore S1, which is one of the finest seasons of anything, ever. I can't recommend S2 to anyone. The only good arc was Hogarth's, the rest is terrible. And putting Nuke on a bus in the first couple of episodes was a waste.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I kind of liked what an equivocating piece of poo poo her stepdad ended up being while still always acting like an affable cool boomer guy. Like, she hates him for all the unfair reasons you would expect her to dislike him, but he's also just a weak piece of poo poo who can't keep his word for the span of a single episode.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Did Matt get his glasses made in loving Wakanda or something? He should have been picking glass out of his retinas for the next month.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

hatelull posted:

I'll speculate that they're riffing on one of the Born Again story beats, and either Kingpin has Potter make it for him or Kingpin just has Bullseye steal it from Matt. Kingpin is aware Murdock is DD from S1, yeah?

This would make sense come to think of it since we're shown Matt wearing the head scarf in the trailer, which is probably due to him haven his suit stolen. If (when) Fisk confirms Matt as DD it'd be a simple matter to send Bullseye to his apartment and discover the costume and then blow the place up. Makes more sense then constructing a duplicate since Wilson would have no idea who the gently caress Melvin Potter is.

Speaking of Potter, his nervous breakdown and becoming the Gladiator would make a good sub-plot. Maybe make him obsessed with Karen instead of whoever it was he was taken with in the comics. Forgot her name. Perhaps Melvin runs into some trouble with a parole violation or an assault or something and Nelson, Page and Murdock defend him. From there, he falls in love with Karen and starts having his Galdiator hallucinations.

I hope Frank has at least a cameo or a small role in this since they set up the conflict between him and Kingpin in DDs2 and their conflict was left unresolved. Maybe Fisk tries to bring in Castle who turns him down before he ultimately settles on Bullseye. Frank was shown to at least suspect Matt as DD in once courtroom scene so that would work. Maybe have him somehow aid Matt a bit.

drat, I can't wait for this. Re-watching D'Onfrio's scenes from the first two seasons has me hyped.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 6, 2018

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Parkingtigers posted:

Sadly, this. I adore S1, which is one of the finest seasons of anything, ever. I can't recommend S2 to anyone. The only good arc was Hogarth's, the rest is terrible. And putting Nuke on a bus in the first couple of episodes was a waste.

Its like netflix is too obsessed with tearing people apart from each other in season 2 of their shows. Its annoying because, yeah at least foggy and paige can heal their wounds with matt, luke can come to his senses about being a crime boss, but loving hell, patsy shooting jessica's mother in the the fuckin' head and blowing her brains all over jessica is not exactly a wedge issue that can ever be fixed in a 3rd, 4th 5th or any season. For fucks sake I don't know what they were thinking with any characters in season 2.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

This would make sense come to think of it since we're shown Matt wearing the head scarf in the trailer, which is probably due to him haven his suit stolen. If (when) Fisk confirms Matt as DD it'd be a simple matter to send Bullseye to his apartment and discover the costume and then blow the place up. Makes more sense then constructing a duplicate since Wilson would have no idea who the gently caress Melvin Potter is.

Why would he have no idea who Melvin is? He was the guy making the Kingpins armoured suits in season 1 wasn't he?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Yeah it’s a shame. Jessica and Patsy’s friendship was one of my favourite parts of season one.

thebardyspoon posted:

Why would he have no idea who Melvin is? He was the guy making the Kingpins armoured suits in season 1 wasn't he?

That’s correct.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

AndyElusive posted:

The quality of a season of Daredevil is directly proportional to the amount of hallway fights and indirectly proportional to the amount of ninjas
FTFY

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Wrong, Stick was a ninja and he improved every scene he was in. It's more physical proximity any character has to Elektra. Sigourney Weaver away from Elektra good, with her terrible.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Lid posted:

Wrong, Stick was a ninja and he improved every scene he was in. It's more physical proximity any character has to Elektra. Sigourney Weaver away from Elektra good, with her terrible.

Weaver did have that scene with Madame Gao in an early episode that managed to be super boring, haha. There is an Elektra problem but Weaver’s character wasn’t any good at all.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Parkingtigers posted:

I'd let myself floor get Iron Fisted for that sweet sweet out of court settlement money.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

Well, I stand corrected then. I had forgotten all about that. May be I need a re-watch to get primed

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Trailers always look good. We’ll see.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Have some Bullsye.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I actually saw a fight scene at the panel yesterday and it was incredible. The new showrunner also teased that they found a way to top the hallway fight in one of the episodes (but refused to specify which episode), and while I'm kind of torn on that becoming a "thing," I'm down for a good fight.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
if they pull it off...then maybe. But that’s a big fat Maybe.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

HIJK posted:

Trailers always look good. We’ll see.

Not really, dude. I've seen some "laugh out loud" exceptionally bad trailers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Did Matt get his glasses made in loving Wakanda or something? He should have been picking glass out of his retinas for the next month.

Unstable molecules. It's how they're going to introduce the Fantastic Four. As the Fantastic Four-Eyes, Family Optometrists.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Slowpoke! posted:

Daredevil S3: gently caress, guess I should finish JJS2

no don't

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Is there any word on any connection between Punisher S1 and DD S3? My wife hasn’t watched Punisher yet (she’s seen everything else in the Netflixverse), wanted to see if we needed to push to get that done before the 19th.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

BiggerBoat posted:

Not really, dude. I've seen some "laugh out loud" exceptionally bad trailers.

Watching older trailers especially is a trip. They were so bad when they had voiceovers.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Klungar posted:

Is there any word on any connection between Punisher S1 and DD S3? My wife hasn’t watched Punisher yet (she’s seen everything else in the Netflixverse), wanted to see if we needed to push to get that done before the 19th.

I wouldn't assume so. Maybe he'll show up but his role in DD S2 would be more important than anything he did in his own show probably.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Klungar posted:

I don't think so. Punisher was pretty standalone and was better for it overall. Holding out hope that Frank shows up somewhere similar to Wilson's limited role in DDs2 at least but given how Punisher concluded it might be a hard sell to work him in there .

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't think so. Punisher was pretty standalone and was better for it overall. Holding out hope that Frank shows up somewhere similar to Wilson's limited role in DDs2 at least but given how Punisher concluded it might be a hard sell to work him in there .

I think someone on the DDS3 team outright said there'd be no Punisher connection. Karen will continue to show up in both, but that's apparently it.

BSS has been floating rumors that Punisher S2 will be based on The Slavers, incidentally.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Klungar posted:

The Punisher series is incredibly self-contained, with just a couple of Karen Page appearances to link it to the other shows. No matter what happens in DDS3 you could probably watch Punisher before, during, or after.

It also loving owns, and being self-contained is one of its strengths. Unlike the other shows that try to be part of the bigger MCU, albeit with winks and nods, Punisher tries to almost pretend aliens and monsters aren't a thing because good luck having people be against guns in a world with extra-terrestrial invasions on the reg.

Tom Guycot posted:

Its like netflix is too obsessed with tearing people apart from each other in season 2 of their shows. Its annoying because, yeah at least foggy and paige can heal their wounds with matt, luke can come to his senses about being a crime boss, but loving hell, patsy shooting jessica's mother in the the fuckin' head and blowing her brains all over jessica is not exactly a wedge issue that can ever be fixed in a 3rd, 4th 5th or any season. For fucks sake I don't know what they were thinking with any characters in season 2.

God, I'd already blanked out Patsy doing that. I liked that they hinted she was getting setup to be Hellcat at the end, but the entire path to getting there was so dour and miserable and spiteful. Already have Jessica as the moody one with issues, Patsy/Hellcat is supposed to be the peppy happy chum who revels in doing the superhero stuff that JJ only grudgingly does on her own terms. Instead we got... that.

I think Jessica Jones is possibly the biggest swing in quality from a first to a second season of a show that I can think of. The only plus side is that JJ1 can be enjoyed for the perfect self-contained arc that it is and then pretend there was no more.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 8, 2018

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Parkingtigers posted:

God, I'd already blanked out Patsy doing that. I liked that they hinted she was getting setup to be Hellcat at the end, but the entire path to getting there was so dour and miserable and spiteful. Already have Jessica as the moody one with issues, Patsy/Hellcat is supposed to be the peppy happy chum who revels in doing the superhero stuff that JJ only grudgingly does on her own terms. Instead we got... that.

I think Jessica Jones is possibly the biggest swing in quality from a first to a second season of a show that I can think of. The only plus side is that JJ1 can be enjoyed for the perfect self-contained arc that it is and then pretend there was no more.

Yeah, one of the best parts of JJ was the patsy/jess relationship. These 2 damaged people who always looked out for one another and had a real bond. How selfish and petty Trish's path to getting powers was in season 2 ehhhh was pretty shity on its own, but whatever they could get past that. Having her come back at the last second to kill her mom in front of her for no good reason was just insane, and pushed it beyond anything reasonable. Theres no way to do anything in a season 3 now with Trish and Jess together. It also just felt like a really crap way to treat one of marvel's oldest female characters, and pretty much puts her beyond redemption.

Ugh, it pisses me off every time i think of JJS2.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Parkingtigers posted:

"Perfect" is a bit much.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

It was a very strong season of TV, and only suffered from the Netflix curse of having two or three more episodes than the story needed.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Phenotype posted:

It was a very strong season of TV, and only suffered from the Netflix curse of having two or three more episodes than the story needed.

every time someone says this I am summoned, but the cost is that part of my soul dies

please let me sleep

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I stopped watching Daredevil S2 when it came out because the Punisher is the worst but finally finished it and it's amazing how they can somehow make a blind guy fighting an army of ninjas boring. Also the Punisher is still the worst but his stand alone show wasn't that bad since they didn't have him interacting with normal "heroes." Seeing him with Daredevil just pointed out how ridiculous the whole traditional hero "I don't kill [but I'll beat a random criminal goon so bad he'll have permanent brain damage and walk with a cane]" thing is.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Phenotype posted:

:agreed:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

qirex posted:

I stopped watching Daredevil S2 when it came out because the Punisher is the worst but finally finished it and it's amazing how they can somehow make a blind guy fighting an army of ninjas boring. Also the Punisher is still the worst but his stand alone show wasn't that bad since they didn't have him interacting with normal "heroes." Seeing him with Daredevil just pointed out how ridiculous the whole traditional hero "I don't kill [but I'll beat a random criminal goon so bad he'll have permanent brain damage and walk with a cane]" thing is.

Why would you watch something if you already think the main character is “the worst”?

I think The Punisher is the best season of Marvel Netflix, and DDS1 is a close second.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Punisher was fun and got most of it right. The villain was pretty good and Bernthal pulls off being a badass that will grate your loving face over a mirror.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Punisher is one of my least favorite comic characters because he fits into the world of superheroes so badly but his standalone show was ok, if a little too gory for my tastes. He just sucked all the air out of Daredevil S2 but I guess if he wasn’t there it just would have been more ninjas.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bust Rodd posted:

Why would you watch something if you already think the main character is “the worst”?

I think The Punisher is the best season of Marvel Netflix, and DDS1 is a close second.

Punisher is exactly in the middle for me. It's fine. It did not move me in any direction. It washed over me without causing elation or despair.

Soldiers are just so loving boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Soldiers are just so loving boring.

Fits in with the rest of Marvel-Netflix then