Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Former DILF posted:

Saricinthrax

I am disappointed to learn the backup QB from Friday Night Lights has not, in fact, slightly misspelled his own name and started a cover band.

e: drat it. Some other people talk more about how white collar office workers don’t have to do much. I want more information so I can somehow get in on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Does someone assembling a Corvette make more than someone building a Toyota? Does a corvette factory employ as many people as a Toyota one? Can you get utility from a Corvette by hauling tons of consumer goods or produce?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Copper miners. Lol. I am supporting them by buying a car.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

burial posted:

Some other people talk more about how white collar office workers don’t have to do much. I want more information so I can somehow get in on that.

lie on your resume and fake your references with burner phones

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
What could possibly go wrong?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Scary! posted:

Does someone assembling a Corvette make more than someone building a Toyota? Does a corvette factory employ as many people as a Toyota one? Can you get utility from a Corvette by hauling tons of consumer goods or produce?

The real humor is that these shitheads' argument is self-defeating. You want to provide the greatest good to the most people? Cut out the middle men who jacked up the price of various components, as well as the profit margin that goes into the bloated coffers of the company owners.

Hm, if only there was some sort of...system, maybe, that provided the means of production to the state.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16963489.class-ceiling-why-dont-more-people-want-to-be-teachers/

Ken Muir, chief executive of the General Teaching Council for Scotland posted:

"One of the good things about Scottish society is that we have opened up more opportunities for women to embark on a much wider range of careers than was every the case before and teaching, because of its dominance of females, suffers as a result of that," said Mr Muir.

Mr Muir also believes new post-Millennial "iPad generation" have a different attitude towards their careers than was the case in the past.

"We are seeing youngsters who have been exposed to a different type of background who are much more inclined to try something out and, if it doesn't work, then they press the reset button and try something else," he said.

"That kind of mentality is something we are seeing much more of in teaching and it is one of the reasons why we cannot retain some of the younger teachers.

"The first couple of years are the most difficult and if you are one of these Millennials who is used to hitting the reset button when they are playing computer games then they take that kind of thinking into how they see their career and look for something else."

Woman having more opportunities is the reason teaching is failing, also those drat Millenials! :arghfist:

Teaching in Scotland is fuccckkkeed, and the government keeps blaming the teachers.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Phrosphor posted:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16963489.class-ceiling-why-dont-more-people-want-to-be-teachers/

Woman having more opportunities is the reason teaching is failing, also those drat Millenials! :arghfist:

Teaching in Scotland is fuccckkkeed, and the government keeps blaming the teachers.

Yeah, well guess who taught them that? Teachers don't look that good now, do they?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
“look, we made teaching a lovely job because we used to be able to count on people not having any better options, now we’ve hosed up and given them opportunities to do other jobs that don’t suck”

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Starting from ONLY 1.5 million. What a steal!
Read this in an economic class airline magazine.

build a wall across the near side of those concrete barriers and fill with cement

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Gum posted:

build a wall across the near side of those concrete barriers and fill with sewage

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Just back a truck up to the door and leave it there lol

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ok Zorg
https://youtu.be/UkFAcFtBD48

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gum posted:

build a wall across the near side of those concrete barriers and fill with cement

After the apocalypse barricade the outside doors and let rip rancid farts into the air intake.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The sad thing is that Gary Oldman feels that way IRL. :smith:

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
ok so suppose rich people hide in bunkers for the apocalypse... what do they think is going to happen to them when they come out?

hmm yes, this bunker will keep us safe (maybe) for a few years... and then what?

whatever survivors remain outside are going to probably kill them

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dead Beef posted:

ok so suppose rich people hide in bunkers for the apocalypse... what do they think is going to happen to them when they come out?

hmm yes, this bunker will keep us safe (maybe) for a few years... and then what?

I think the idea is like what the ancient Egyptians had in mind, except with even less forethought.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Screaming Idiot posted:

always separate the art from the artist. the only alternative is perpetual sadbrains

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

olives black posted:

always separate the art from the artist. the only alternative is perpetual sadbrains

The Fifth Element is a movie directed by a pedophile starring a Right Wing chud whose nemesis is a racist, nationalist dickhead and whose love interest is practically a child with no agency of her own.

So why the gently caress is it one of my favorite movies? :smithicide:

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Screaming Idiot posted:

The Fifth Element is a movie directed by a pedophile starring a Right Wing chud whose nemesis is a racist, nationalist dickhead and whose love interest is practically a child with no agency of her own.

So why the gently caress is it one of my favorite movies? :smithicide:

because it's a good goddamn movie

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

olives black posted:

because it's a good goddamn movie

I know! It doesn't make sense! There's no logic or reason to any of this!

*blasts the opera scene while sobbing openly*

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Dead Beef posted:

whatever survivors remain outside are going to probably kill them
even some rich people are self aware enough to know a naive approach means they're hosed and will probably just get bullets in the back of their heads from the security and facilities staff if they get into the bunker. of course, they're still not self aware enough and start theorizing about obedience shock collars and secret access codes only they know to get to the food and poo poo lmao. they literally want to be technocratic feudal lords in their fantasies

https://twitter.com/FrankPasquale/status/1015031208798052352

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

etalian posted:

So even after the apocalypse you would still have to deal with the Hell of nosey HOAs?

Pretend I posted that Rick and Morty video of the alien real estate reality show post-societal collapse. The one where to get into the slum you have to bring the head of one of the homeowners association's many enemies.

comedyblissoption posted:

even some rich people are self aware enough to know a naive approach means they're hosed and will probably just get bullets in the back of their heads from the security and facilities staff if they get into the bunker. of course, they're still not self aware enough and start theorizing about obedience shock collars and secret access codes only they know to get to the food and poo poo lmao. they literally want to be technocratic feudal lords in their fantasies

https://twitter.com/FrankPasquale/status/1015031208798052352

Even goddamn Vault-Tec knew you had to preserve a broad enough collection of middle class America to hope to preserve capitalist values

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Screaming Idiot posted:

played bad guys so many times he became one
or being a bad guy was easy because he was one already
https://youtu.be/y_8CUCiS5QA

got any sevens has issued a correction as of 07:33 on Oct 8, 2018

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wait, is Bruce Willis the chud and Gary Oldman, aka Commissioner Gordan, a racist?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

Wait, is Bruce Willis the chud and Gary Oldman, aka Commissioner Gordan, a racist?

He basically said that Mel Gibson was just saying what we were all thinking.
After, in a Playboy interview, Oldman: “We’re all loving hypocrites. That’s what I think about it. The policeman who arrested him has never used the word ‘n****r’ or ‘that loving Jew’? I’m being brutally honest here. It’s the hypocrisy of it that drives me crazy.”

He did apologize later and say that it's always wrong to do those things and he wasn't claiming otherwise, just that we've all done it and should acknowledge that.

I suppose I did too, but like, in middle school before I knew any better. Mel and Gary are old enough to know better I think.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Professor Shark posted:

Old rich white men I'm afraid

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Old rich white men I'm afraid

:thermidor: fodder

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Plug up the bunker air intake vents and sell them air/a lack raw sewage pouring into their homes at values that reflect the supply/demand disparity. That's capitalism, you gotta work within the system.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/lacroixwater/st...ingawful.com%2F

feller
Jul 5, 2006

according to the internet, Bruce isn’t actually a trump supporter and it was a joke about his hair?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Senor Dog posted:

according to the internet, Bruce isn’t actually a trump supporter and it was a joke about his hair?

He's a conservative in Hollywood which is a rare breed, but I've never heard him support Trump

ditto The Rock

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m so glad companies are getting called out for the “all natural” bullshit. Not sure if I buy the rumors about them putting pesticides in their drinks, but “all natural” needs to go.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
The survival condo is built in a decommissioned missile silo. Certainly a missile silo is the best place to hide in the event of a nuclear armageddon.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RfbSZD1kXo

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mill Village posted:

I’m so glad companies are getting called out for the “all natural” bullshit. Not sure if I buy the rumors about them putting pesticides in their drinks, but “all natural” needs to go.

Rat poo poo, cyanide, uranium, and cockroaches are all natural. The label is meaningless and companies who use it should be fined and/or sent to the firing squad.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

oof, delisted and disabled comments and likes

for anyone that didn't know:

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1032019183935078400?lang=en

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

du -hast posted:

The survival condo is built in a decommissioned missile silo. Certainly a missile silo is the best place to hide in the event of a nuclear armageddon.

I'd think a missile silo would be the place that gets the most nukes to make sure it's destroyed, unless you're living in one of the really old ones that's nowhere near the modern ones I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretend I posted that Rick and Morty video of the alien real estate reality show post-societal collapse. The one where to get into the slum you have to bring the head of one of the homeowners association's many enemies.

Even goddamn Vault-Tec knew you had to preserve a broad enough collection of middle class America to hope to preserve capitalist values

the loving feudal lords these dipshits want to emulate had it figured out and these dumbasses can't even crack a book long enough to learn