Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Can that be changed to a thumbs up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

OhDearGodNo posted:

Can that be changed to a thumbs up?

I think the event already happened. I would say that I'd be surprised if they use it again next year though?

Oh, I wanted to say in case I haven't before that your beastguard are real good. Did you field them/intend to field them as Stormtroopers or as regular guards? It looks like there's a mix of armors in the pictures I have of them.

E:

Endman posted:

Is the 'OK' hand sign thing a white power symbol now?

loving Nazis

I think it started as a "Let's pretend we're re-purposing the 'ok' sign to own the libs" thing but it became an actual thing because: channers?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 8, 2018

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

loving Nazis

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Endman posted:

loving Nazis

Kind of sort of.

It was orignally a 4chan thing to make liberals and leftists think the OK sign was coopted by white nationalists. The idea being that leftists would point out "THe OK sign actually means White Power" People will think their nuts and that everything they see is a nazi symbol.

Then white supremists unironicly started using it as a sign of theirs.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Are you telling me fascists are dumb??

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Well it did work to an extent. There was a big thing on twitter about this girl who sat behind Kavanaugh during his hearings flashed the sign twice and Twitter lost their mind. And it turned out the girl was...I forget what exactly but someone who wouldn't be throwing up white surpremisists sighs.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

BigRed0427 posted:

Well it did work to an extent. There was a big thing on twitter about this girl who sat behind Kavanaugh during his hearings flashed the sign twice and Twitter lost their mind. And it turned out the girl was...I forget what exactly but someone who wouldn't be throwing up white surpremisists sighs.

Yeah, but there was also that Coastie during the hurricane and he ended up being one IIRC?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Is OK now a white power sign?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
For the most part no, but contextually it absolutely can be.

BigRed0427 posted:

Uh, no, she's exactly who would be throwing up white supremacist signs. She was a law clerk of Kavanaugh's, so pretty loving far right to begin with.

She was on camera during the confirmation and you see her receive a text and immediately, awkwardly positions her hand into a semi-discrete showing of the sign as an obvious reaction to being told she's on camera. People picked up on it and complained, her husband who is a DA in Texas misused his official twitter account to say "bu...bu...but her dad's Jewish" as a defence, as if a lot of prominent Trumpist white supremacists don't have Jewish heritage. Then a day or two later she did it again, more brazenly.

She was absolutely doing "the thing". As was the aforementioned Coast Guard officer, who did much the same and got shitcanned.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

:sigh: This is what I get for just tuning out of the news and plunging my head into a fantasy sci-fi world in order to keep myself sane.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dehumanize yourself and face to American Politics.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I wish my underground mole people society was powerful enough to ruin poo poo for others by simply using it.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

For the most part no, but contextually it absolutely can be.

Uh, no, she's exactly who would be throwing up white supremacist signs. She was a law clerk of Kavanaugh's, so pretty loving far right to begin with.

She was on camera during the confirmation and you see her receive a text and immediately, awkwardly positions her hand into a semi-discrete showing of the sign as an obvious reaction to being told she's on camera. People picked up on it and complained, her husband who is a DA in Texas misused his official twitter account to say "bu...bu...but her dad's Jewish" as a defence, as if a lot of prominent Trumpist white supremacists don't have Jewish heritage. Then a day or two later she did it again, more brazenly.

She was absolutely doing "the thing". As was the aforementioned Coast Guard officer, who did much the same and got shitcanned.

I had to have a look for myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-W5JkiN14g
She looks up mouths Oh and does the OK hand gesture like any normal person.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
So glad I’m reading the 40k thread for constant updates on secret American politics and racism

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

No, my son is also named Fireblade Twinflame.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Guy Goodbody posted:

So these are just re-boxes of the HQ model (and it looks at least several of them are the same one you would get in the 40k Start Collecting boxes) right? Is there any additional value-add?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, my daughter is also named Yvsa Kharavyxis.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schadenboner posted:

So these are just re-boxes of the HQ model (and it looks at least several of them are the same one you would get in the 40k Start Collecting boxes) right? Is there any additional value-add?

Each contains a named Commander, plus a special skill tree that only they can use, lore, and Faction-specific tokens, giving you even more options to play with when building your roster.

I takes thirty seconds to say that name out loud.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Don't know if I want any of the models, but I def want the rule book for commanders.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

I wish my underground mole people society was powerful enough to ruin poo poo for others by simply using it.
Please don't discuss the 30k slack in the open like this.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

krursk posted:

She looks up mouths Oh and does the OK hand gesture like any normal person.

lol look at this apologist

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
this lady who worked under white supremacist steve miller on immigration reform in the white supremacist trump admin couldnt possibly be a white supremacist, especially if shes throwing well known white supremacist handsigns around. i know cuz i just looked her up on google for two seconds u libs see nazis everywhere.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Guy Goodbody posted:

Each contains a named Commander, plus a special skill tree that only they can use, lore, and Faction-specific tokens, giving you even more options to play with when building your roster.

So no value added.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

this lady who worked under steve miller on immigration reform in the trump admin couldnt possibly be a white supremacist, especially if shes throwing well known white supremacist handsigns around. i know cuz i just looked her up on google for two seconds u libs see nazis everywhere.

"Is a racist fuckhead or texts with someone who is at least conversant with their memes who she considers important enough to do a 'shout out to' (as the kids say) on live TV" I guess?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So no value added.

I guess it depends if you plan on using it to play KT?

:shrug:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So no value added.

tokens and rules for Kill Team would presumably be considered value added for Kill Team players

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I suppose. That was a bit more snarky than necessary.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
“Do not buy this KT-branded product if you do not intend to play KT with it?”

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Mostly I'm bitter that in order to get the stuff I might be interested in using I would need to purchase something I already have.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I’m Magos DalaTHRUST, who would like to interface?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Fireblade Twinflame is the worst DND name generator poo poo.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

Fireblade Twinflame is the worst DND name generator poo poo.

I believe fireblade is a title like captain or whatever would be, so it's only 90% garbage rather than 110%

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Behold it is I, Frostbone Skullchill.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Frostbone means general among my great people.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Booley posted:

I believe fireblade is a title like captain or whatever would be, so it's only 90% garbage rather than 110%

The thing is, even if that's true, Fireblade Twinflame is still a fictional character. Somebody at GW needed to come up with a name for their new Fireblade character for Kill Team, and chose to name them Fireblade Twinflame.

It's like saying that Major is a real rank in the US army, so Major Major Major Major is only 75% silly. No, it's a fictional character, so the choice to make Major Major Major a Major and Twinflame a Fireblade were intentional choices done by a writer who knew exactly what they were doing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
So is Orksbane a family name?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Improbable Lobster posted:

So is Orksbane a family name?

presumably it was a name given to him by his battle-brothers after some impressive feat of Ork killing. Honorary names are an established part of Space Wolf culture.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
His name is probably Shas'el Vior'la Gibb'erish or something but then everybody just calls him Twinflame.

Kinda like how Commander Farsight's T'au name is actually Shas'o Vior'la Shovah Kais Montyr but everybody calls him "O'Shovah" which means Farsight.

Which means that "Fireblade Twinflame" is actually the toned down version. :v:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Guy Goodbody posted:

presumably it was a name given to him by his battle-brothers after some impressive feat of Ork killing. Honorary names are an established part of Space Wolf culture.

It's actually an imperialisation of the name Anderson.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Twinflame is a pretty reasonable T’au honor name if you look at it next to Farsight, Longstrike, Darkstrider, Puretide, Shadowsun, and all the other Honor names that T’au characters have gotten.

But Fireblade Twinflame comes off as silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Guy Goodbody posted:

I want that DalaTHRUST for everything in the box other than the spru, as I already have three Tech-Priest Dominus and I can't see myself ever needing a fourth. I guess I could sell the spru for $10 on eBay.