Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
CFP Quarterfinals could be held the week after the Army-Navy Game, and the only teams that would be negatively affected would be a CFP-qualified Army or Navy. You've got a two-week buffer between the conference championships and the quarterfinals and another between the quarterfinals and New Year's. The other four NY6 bowls that aren't semi-finals are used for the quarterfinals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Spaced God posted:

aggies are good y'all can get hosed

Better defense than Bama!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Edward Mass posted:

CFP Quarterfinals could be held the week after the Army-Navy Game, and the only teams that would be negatively affected would be a CFP-qualified Army or Navy. You've got a two-week buffer between the conference championships and the quarterfinals and another between the quarterfinals and New Year's. The other four NY6 bowls that aren't semi-finals are used for the quarterfinals.

Stop making sense

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/1049081858674372608
checks out

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Edward Mass posted:

Most schools will have finals then, if we’re at all pretending student athletes are students it’d be a bad idea

(we should probably stop pretending)

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Most schools will have finals then, if we’re at all pretending student athletes are students it’d be a bad idea

(we should probably stop pretending)

This seems to be the go-to argument but there’s already 6 bowl games that Saturday (and 5 more during the week after) following Army-Navy so it doesn’t hold a lot of water.

Unless we’re pretending school doesn’t matter as much to those smaller schools playing in those low tier bowl games as it does to the big schools playing in the CFP. Which is pretty much the opposite of reality.

Conquest7706
May 20, 2007
Can ya'll talk about how poo poo both Mike Stoops and Kyler Murray are? It would make me feel better.

I've been bitching every single game of this year about the way he runs swinging the ball out in one hand and never tucking it and how it's gonna come back to haunt us.

Welp guess what happened. Go play baseball you loving human being.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Conquest7706 posted:

Calm down

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Conquest7706 posted:

Can ya'll talk about how poo poo both Mike Stoops and Kyler Murray are? It would make me feel better.

I've been bitching every single game of this year about the way he runs swinging the ball out in one hand and never tucking it and how it's gonna come back to haunt us.

Pretty sure Kyler Murray's good though

Conquest7706
May 20, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Pretty sure Kyler Murray's good though

He's a 5 foot tall QB who slides 2 yards short of the marker on 3rd down runs.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Conquest7706 posted:

glad you got some homophobia out of your system because your team lost a football game. You must be a real joy to hang out with

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
https://twitter.com/TFB_Sooners/status/1049098717381443592

Please be true please be true.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Conquest7706 posted:

5 total TD 300 yards passing 100 rushing 1 int and a fumble. Seems like your poo poo would have been shoved in a lot harder without him. To a team that lost to Maryland.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Well Mike Stoops just got canned so congrats and sweet choice of words, man :waycool:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Conquest7706 posted:

Hey gently caress off with this.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, we got the OU defensive coordinator fired

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Nothing better than sliding that dagger into your rival, is there?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

a texas victory that turned into an oklahoma victory

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Also, are they gonna promote Bob Diaco, because :raise:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

Nothing better than sliding that dagger into your rival, is there?

It's dumb to make big decisions based on the cosmic dice roll that is the shootout, buttttttttttt it sounds like it was a long time coming, shootout notwithstanding

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Oklahoma, playing the long game, keeps Tim Beck employed at Texas.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Just lol that Texas just saved Oklahoma's future while they ensured Tim Beck would never be fired.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

TheBizzness posted:

It stinks that all the Dolphins fans in this forum root for UF or FSU. I was hoping to read a fun gameday post after I got home yesterday but the FSU fans all disappeared and nobody cares about Miami.

Also whoever thinks UF/FSU rivalry is better than FSU/Miami is out of their gourd. Canes Noles games are almost always dramatic close games with higher stakes (at least when all teams involved were good).

It would have been nice if we hadn’t fallen behind 3 scores at home to a team I think is pretty bad, but I’ll take the W.

The rivalries are similar, I'd say Miami-Notre Dame is the best rivalry out of the Big 3 FL teams rivalries. The culture clash works perfectly.

DrunkPanda posted:

Something we can all agree on. Although that Oregon game worries me a little. I don't want to think Oregon is for real, but they might be. And I don't want Oregon to be for real

Oregon's QB is for real

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Korranus posted:

The CFP's contractual obligation with the G5 is setting up one team in one of the non-playoff bowls, that is it. The playoff field can expand to whatever number and there's nothing saying the G5 have to be considered for any of those playoff spots.

Not sure what else the G5 can do other than demand representation on the committee with leverage they don't currently have, go back to some kind of poll composite with computer polls like the BCS, or just not participate in the CFP entirely (ESPN's preferred solution).

The American really should work hard to get Army/Air Force in, then get a bunch of random Congressmen to make an unimportant national issue out of the troops' conference being unfairly excluded.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Oregon's QB is for real
The lines are pretty solid also, but everything else is a work in progress.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Spacebump posted:

The American really should work hard to get Army/Air Force in, then get a bunch of random Congressmen to make an unimportant national issue out of the troops' conference being unfairly excluded.

Navy is already in the American

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.

Conquest7706 posted:

Go play baseball you loving human being.

Avatar checks out. Go play on Rivals you loving cretin.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
The Texas offense is so bad that if they perform well against you, the DC of a playoff team from last year got shitcanned.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Conquest7706 posted:

Screaming Nonsense

If you're c/p Rivals posts, please source your quotes.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I can't believe Mike is actually gone

gently caress Texas and all but if all it cost us to fire that stupid MAGA-rear end motherfucker was giving up 48 to Tim Beck then I'll take that.

Conquest7706 posted:

Get hosed

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Fire Tim Beck because he's so bad that DC's get canned when his offense does well.

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

The Texas offense is so bad that if they perform well against you, the DC of a playoff team from last year got shitcanned.

I mean, how the defense played in that playoff game should've meant he was never around this season, but, I'm still partying right now

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Van Gorder to OU.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

JonathonSpectre posted:

FSU got hosed.

Wanna come back to this but no you weren't. The officials were garbage for both teams and your second half td should have come off the board because he stepped out pretty early on.

There was bad calls on both sides.

gently caress ACC refs.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Dilber posted:

Wanna come back to this but no you weren't. The officials were garbage for both teams and your second half td should have come off the board because he stepped out pretty early on.

There was bad calls on both sides.

gently caress ACC refs.

FSU definitely stepped out on that return TD

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

playoffs gonna be bama/georgia/nd/osu and i’m gonna hate it

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

playoffs gonna be bama/georgia/nd/osu and i’m gonna hate it

You think Alabama is going to play Georgia in the SEC CG and then it doesn't matter and they will turn around and put both in the playoff anyway?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

georgia has a pretty tough next 4 games. If they win through that,they pretty deserve to be in the playoff, even if they take a loss to bama.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

What are bama fans gonna do when Saban croaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

buddhanc posted:

What are bama fans gonna do when Saban croaks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_retainer_sacrifices

• Locked thread