Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ekuNNN posted:

Taylor Swift posted that she's voting for a Democrat, and that she's against bigotry. Cue crying 4chan Nazis:

also
https://twitter.com/ali/status/1049100323250458624
Took her long enough.

Poor Kanye. Obama called him a jackass a decade ago and he still hasn't gotten over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

Taylor Swift posted that she's voting for a Democrat, and that she's against bigotry. Cue crying 4chan Nazis:

also
https://twitter.com/ali/status/1049100323250458624

Her music sucks rear end but I guess Swift 2020.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Casimir Radon posted:

Poor Kanye. Obama called him a jackass a decade ago and he still hasn't gotten over it.
I'm still laughing about his meltdown over Jay Z and Beyonce not wanting their kids to associate with his.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is Taylor Swift super tall or something?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Quick google says Kanye is 5'8" and she's 5'10" and probably wearing heels.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

I'm still laughing about his meltdown over Jay Z and Beyonce not wanting their kids to associate with his.
It's like an anti-meth campaign.
"Kardashians, not even once"

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I think the Nazis had a problem in some of their early calculations that resulted in them needing a poo poo more fuel for the bomb than actually needed. Milhist and Aviation/Cold War threads sometimes post the transcripts of captured Nazi scientists discussing the news of nukes being dropped.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1049004586873315328?s=19

Bragging about getting soaked in piss and thanking the piss-soakers to own the libs

JFC what is with the proudboys and piss?

Those fred perry shirts they wear are literally gay fetish fashion

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pound_Coin posted:

JFC what is with the proudboys and piss?

Those fred perry shirts they wear are literally gay fetish fashion

Theyre named after a song from the aladdin broadway musical

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

DiggityDoink posted:

Her music sucks rear end but I guess Swift 2020.

Shake it Off slaps imo

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Shake it Off slaps imo

Yeah, I generally like her.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Theyre named after a song from the aladdin broadway musical

also the buttplug radioshow.

they're loving weird closet cases

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The stuff she did as a literal teenager is pretty eh, but her latest albums are as good as mainstream pop gets.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

JcDent posted:

Yeah, I generally like her.
That Reputation song is horrible. It's like she's become less mature over the years. Going back to weepy teenage stuff would be an improvement after that.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Are proud boys a gay group or not?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

What's gay about getting together with a bunch of your bros to name breakfast cereals and venerate the house wife?

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

DiggityDoink posted:

Kanye is 5'8"

This would explain a lot tbf

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What's gay about getting together with a bunch of your bros to name breakfast cereals and venerate the house wife?

COUPLE A GUYS BEIN DUDES

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

An updated version of Brookback Mountain but instead of camping they tell there wives they're going to a white pride rally.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Piss/Gorilla semen 2020

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Soliciting a minor to own the libs

https://twitter.com/Zigmanfreud/status/1049092975840522240?s=19

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

for a minor pundit, this dude got ratio'd the gently caress outta

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

:thunk:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Sazabi posted:

An updated version of Brookback Mountain but instead of camping they tell there wives they're going to a white pride rally.

I wish I knew how to quit Jew jokes

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://twitter.com/dankmtl/status/1049111094797774849?s=20

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

That’s a pretty big yikes right there. Honestly, the first red flag should have been that he calls himself “Zigmanfreud”

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

charlie kirk jumping in like clockwork like an hour after his weekly scheduled "there are 2 genders" tweet was too loving funny especially his parting shot of "taylor swift is a failure" on the heels of her current gangbusters tour while kanye is jumping on desks at universities like a sociopath.

idk how much of an effect she'll really have on anything but hey she has more twitter and instagram followers than God so maybe the optics will pay off.

Crotch Gandhi
Aug 22, 2018

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

It’s like no one itt has ever heard of the 100% ungay It’s-only-until-we-get-girlfriends blowjob rule. Friends help each other. Totally straight friends.

Crotch Gandhi has issued a correction as of 15:21 on Oct 8, 2018

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Heisenberg claimed he deliberately stalled the project but that is heavily disputed.

It did make for an interesting play though

They legitimately didn't know what they were doing, and were shocked that it was actually done. See here:

https://history.aip.org/exhibits/heisenberg/p11a_text.htm

e: that was a bad source. See here: http://germanhistorydocs.ghi-dc.org/pdf/eng/English101.pdf

Heisenberg posted:

I don't believe a word of the whole thing.

Tacky-Ass Rococco has issued a correction as of 14:52 on Oct 8, 2018

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
proud boys pretend to be blue collar workers who are the second gayest group of people behind people in the military. seriously spend twenty minutes in any shop and you'll wonder why the gently caress they all say they hate gay people so much

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

They legitimately didn't know what they were doing, and were shocked that it was actually done. See here:

e: that was a bad source. See here: http://germanhistorydocs.ghi-dc.org/pdf/eng/English101.pdf

HEISENBERG: One can't say that. One could equally well say "That's the quickest way of ending the war.”

lmao gently caress off nazi

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
It's never gay to wear Fred Perry while obeying an older bearded man's commands to stay chaste except when he gives permission to cum.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

I hadn't seen that particular document, thanks for sharing.

That said, it confirms what I had read elsewhere, that the Nazis hadn't made a serious effort to get the bomb, because they considered it impossible given their resources. The incorrect calculation about how much material was necessary to produce was a huge issue, but even if they had it right, they understood it was functionally beyond their ability.

Heisenberg's claims of sabotage are bullshit, at least with regards to him seeing his or another team working towards a bomb and sabotaging it out of some ethical concern. He absolutely did "sabotage" other researchers, but only in so far as he did everything in his power to get resources for his research and if that meant undermining another team, that was part for the course in Nazi Germany, not just in his area.

That said, even if Heisenberg wanted to produce a bomb, there's no way that Nazi Germany could free up the kind of resources necessary to actually make that a reality.

The overall cost of the Manhattan Project was something on the order of $2 billion (in 1945 dollars), spread over several years, of course. Germany's GDP between 1938 and 1944 was $2.8 billion combined, and the theoretical side was by far the least expensive part. The true cost was the work of building factories to produce the uranium and plutonium.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Trading card games are like the original pay to win model, and the original loot boxes.

I mean props to them for helping me realize I have a gambling problem before it got our of hand

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Casimir Radon posted:

Took her long enough.

FilthyImp posted:

i feel like we should have listened to all of these people because it seems like they took one look at kanye and saw him as mentaly broken dude who is also a massive prick.

Azathoth posted:

The idea was basically land battleship. In the imagining, it could literally go anywhere and by virtue of it's impossibly thick armor, the Allied tanks and artillery would not be able to stop it, meanwhile it would be lobbing literal battleship shells at anything with a twenty mile radius.

Even if they overcame every engineering obstacle and built it exactly as envisioned (lol), there's no reason to believe it would have fared any better than the Repulse and the Prince of Wales.

i feel like the weight and fuel consumption would make it pointless. unless the thing has an arms factory inside it, it would also have ammo problems.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The stuff she did as a literal teenager is pretty eh, but her latest albums are as good as mainstream pop gets.

The 1985 or whatever album is good as hell in general imo blank space is a fuckin banger

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i feel like we should have listened to all of these people because it seems like they took one look at kanye and saw him as mentaly broken dude who is also a massive prick.

i feel like the weight and fuel consumption would make it pointless. unless the thing has an arms factory inside it, it would also have ammo problems.

Yeah, it's one of those ideas that is so terrible that it almost begs belief that it was given serious consideration.

Can we build it as designed? No.
If we could build it as designed, would we be able to keep it from breaking down before getting it into combat? No.
If we could keep it in combat without breaking down, would it be effective? No.
If we could make it effective in combat, could we prevent it from being destroyed immediately by enemy aircraft? No.
Can we add enough anti-aircraft armament to allow it to adequately defend itself? No.

It's almost breathtaking in it's incompetence.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I wish I knew how to quit Jew jokes

:five:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verisimilidude posted:

masculine, good bearded, strong chested boogie

Ahhh hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's a miracle that Greg Miller is the only man so far to escape the curse of the Trending Gamer award, as the other 3 either died, hosed up their marriages, or became social media pariahs. If anything Greg Miller did even better and cut ties with his Colin "Centrist Dipshit" Moriarity in that timeframe.