Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

"It is known that Barrymore has had almost 17 relationships, engagements, and marriages"

So... 16, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
"DREW BARRYMORE: REFORMED SLUTOSAURUS"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
High art is and always has been basically trading cards for the ultra-wealthy.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/INTERPOL_HQ/status/1048541553722052608

:raise:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.independent.ie/life/the-irish-woman-who-shot-mussolini-34588698.html

I can't help but suspect Mussolini dying from this and remaining neutral during WWII would have been better for Germany, but I may be wrong.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

From a different article:

"China has said the missing president of Interpol is under investigation for unspecified violations of Chinese law...The announcement came on Sunday shortly after the wife of Meng Hongwei said her husband sent her an image of a knife before he disappeared during a trip to their native China."

It's loving weird.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/belfastgiantstv/status/1048666218297790464

Edit: Welp!

https://twitter.com/comradewong/status/1049001852296159232

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Oct 8, 2018

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

quote:

"We got sick and tired of people bringing their urine containers,” Patel told the station. “They're just random people walking and it's happening every day.”

He says a woman became aggressive a few months ago when he asked her not to warm urine. She asked to see a sign that says it's not for that purpose. So he made one.

They're next door to a drug testing lab

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Knormal posted:

They're next door to a drug testing lab

As much as I am against drug tests, sounds like a money making opportunity for the store to sell that info to the drug testing place.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zil posted:

As much as I am against drug tests, sounds like a money making opportunity for the store to sell that info to the drug testing place.

You would think that would be solved with a "we share our security video with the testing facility next door" sign.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
broke: snitch on people for money
woke: get a dedicated piss warming microwave and charge extra

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

bloom posted:

broke: snitch on people for money
woke: get a dedicated piss warming microwave and charge extra

:hmmyes:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Capitalism: do both.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Platystemon posted:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Platystemon posted:

But is the extra profit worth more than the money lost from having your store smell even more like stale piss and broken dreams than most gas stations? Details to ponder, sleep on, and perhaps write a paper about.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Kins posted:

But is the extra profit worth more than the money lost from having your store smell even more like stale piss and broken dreams than most gas stations? Details to ponder, sleep on, and perhaps write a paper about.

The fees would pay for a special ventilation system.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Platystemon posted:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'll probably get laughed at for not being in the know but why are they microwaving their piss

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

I'll probably get laughed at for not being in the know but why are they microwaving their piss

To heat it up.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

From the article in question:

quote:

Warming urine from someone who hasn't taken drugs is seen by some as a way to help pass a drug test.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Because handing in a specimen jar with room temperature piss instead of near body temp piss tends to raise eyebrows at the drug testing place next door.

e: fb :argh:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Phlegmish posted:

It's not their piss, it's a clean sample from someone else.
"Piss in this cup, bathroom's there"
"Certainly, here's a cup of room temperature piss"
"You're fired"

vs

"Piss in this cup, bathroom's there"
"Certainly, here's a cup of boiling piss"
"I'd fire you but I'm worried you'll piss lava on me"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think the pro strat is to have a baggie of clean piss in your drawers so your own body heats it up. Microwaving it seems like it would do... detectable things to the test results but I guess not.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The cup you pee in has a sensor on it that changes color when it's the proper temperature.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Bloop posted:

I think the pro strat is to have a baggie of clean piss in your drawers so your own body heats it up. Microwaving it seems like it would do... detectable things to the test results but I guess not.

I've heard that some athletes have gone so far as to have other people's urine injected down the tube before they test so it'll come out first when they have to give a sample.

The lengths athletes will go to when trying to keep doping is terrifying.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reminds me of that doctor who was sexually assaulting patients when they were under, and inserted a tube into his vein so they would draw somebody else's blood.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Why microwave when your own body produces heat?

A friend of mine, let's call her T, needed to piss clean for her probation officer. So, she calls, drives over, hands me a condom. Okey dokey, one piss filled balloon coming right up! I mean, most people bring a little jar but whatever.

She comes back two hours later cackling like an idiot. The probation office is up three flights of stairs at the courthouse and by the first landing
the condom started to slip out. Luckily T was wearing skinny jeans but still had to clandestinely adjust herself all the way up. She arrives at the office red-faced and sweating profusely... where they tell her that her mom can just go into the bathroom with her to watch the deed. All that for nothing.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
From the "well, duh" files:

'Higher levels of PTSD among veterans', says study

The study actually says that the incidence of PTSD among veterans has increased in the last 10 years.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

In a strange way, that's actually good news, since it almost certainly means more vets are getting diagnosed, as opposed to an increase in actual cases.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

The cup you pee in has a sensor on it that changes color when it's the proper temperature.

I have been piss tested at a few different places, one weekly for a few months and I am not aware of these color changing cups you speak of

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

I have been piss tested at a few different places, one weekly for a few months and I am not aware of these color changing cups you speak of

I've been tested regularly at work for years and never seen one that didn't have the sensor.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Aesop Poprock posted:

There's a few different ways they do it. Sometimes it's like those stick on aquarium thermometers on the cup. Sometimes their dip stick has a patch that changes for correct/incorrect temp. There's occasionally like all in one analytical units that you just stick a cup into and it spits out temp and results. The latter two usually come with someone watching you so you can't say "it must have got cold on the counter while washing hands" and they can just grab it and go. Where the aquarium things are much slower to revert to cold.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Phlegmish posted:

Because if you don't have a proper wee snifter, it's the only way to bring out the subtle oaky notes of fine gourmet piss.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I’ve never had to do one where someone watched me pee so maybe that’s the difference

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I have several questions.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I’ve never had to do one where someone watched me pee so maybe that’s the difference

I have, but only because they paid extra

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Is it bad that I seem to be able to parse this?

Follow-up question: who is burning toast?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bertrand Hustle posted:

“He was trying to make it look like I left the stove on but who gets up 2 a.m. and fixes sketti,” the victim said.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Read Burn as Bum but that wasn't why it didn't make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

“He was trying to make it look like I left the stove on but who gets up 2 a.m. and fixes sketti,” the victim said.