Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Screaming Idiot posted:

Same here, and I still imagine Wesley Snipes swimming through a pool of it <3
:cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

wizzardstaff posted:

I have always just assumed that stuff like this is a trial balloon for real scamming later on. Like, a scammer makes an innocuous “forward this!!!” facebook status and releases it into the wild, then knows that anyone who passes it on is a dupe who will be a good target for active scamming in the future.
How would they know who forwarded it though?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

How the gently caress do they pronounce it?
La-croy. Which always makes me imagine that the person who named it didn't want to admit they made a mistake and just doubled down on it, like "No, I said it that way intentionally, I know the proper pronunciation, I just wanted to be different I swear! It's definitely la-croy, intentionally, no mistakes!"

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
Le Crux?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

Same here, and I still imagine Wesley Snipes swimming through a pool of it <3

Always bet on white

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Tiggum posted:

How would they know who forwarded it though?

La-croy. Which always makes me imagine that the person who named it didn't want to admit they made a mistake and just doubled down on it, like "No, I said it that way intentionally, I know the proper pronunciation, I just wanted to be different I swear! It's definitely la-croy, intentionally, no mistakes!"

La-croyks

Pronounced "la-dash-croyks" because my sister's boyfriend's friend once worked with someone whose brother's anal bleacher was also a midwife and

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

LaCroix being pronounced 'La Croy' is loving tragic, because goddamn is it a fantastic play on words if it would be pronounced correctly.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

berenzen posted:

LaCroix being pronounced 'La Croy' is loving tragic, because goddamn is it a fantastic play on words if it would be pronounced correctly.

Ok, I guess I get to be that guy, but how is it supposed to be pronounced? I'm trying it weird ways but I'm not getting any word play.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Soysaucebeast posted:

Ok, I guess I get to be that guy, but how is it supposed to be pronounced? I'm trying it weird ways but I'm not getting any word play.

In this case (as in the product) it is supposed to be pronounced la croy to rhyme with joy. It's an actual french name/place which would be pronounced la qwah.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Jippa posted:

In this case (as in the product) it is supposed to be pronounced la croy to rhyme with joy. It's an actual french name/place which would be pronounced la qwah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFqHlliWmVY

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Oh hey, it's that guy David Foster Wallace did an article about. Nice to see he's still a huge shithead.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jippa posted:

Yeah but you gotta dig for some phlegm between the q and w or roll the r for the full effect

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

grapefruit LaCroix is good, so is Topo Chico. You can all suck it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus christ

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

jesus WEP posted:

jesus christ

Turn on your monitor

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OGs know that the real stupidest place on the internet is the comment section on GoComics Nancy Page

Oona Goosepimple erasure...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Do the new Nancy strips ever feature her weird hot mom who appeared to be from one of those serious newspaper comics?

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Henchman of Santa posted:

Do the new Nancy strips ever feature her weird hot mom who appeared to be from one of those serious newspaper comics?

Yes, her Aunt Fritzi. She predated Nancy as a hot young flapper, then Nancy moved in and became the more popular character. Fritzi Ritz got demoted to Nancy's caregiver. She's shown up in the new Nancy pretty regularly.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah but long time fans are pissed that OJ has de-sexified her

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

since changing my Twitter username to George W BUSHI, I've been getting random DMs apparently meant for George W Bush. This one is probably the weirdest.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

zoux posted:

Yeah but long time fans are pissed that OJ has de-sexified her

Didn't OJ say that every time she gets a letter complaining about non-sexy Aunt Fritzi she adds another sweater?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

since changing my Twitter username to George W BUSHI, I've been getting random DMs apparently meant for George W Bush. This one is probably the weirdest.

i got your green card right here

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Didn't OJ say that every time she gets a letter complaining about non-sexy Aunt Fritzi she adds another sweater?

Red Blooded Men Under Siege

Also I thought this dude was sharing this because it is funny, but looking at his account he thinks the chanting mob is serious
https://twitter.com/JoShawTx/status/1049043648560726016

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

hawowanlawow posted:

grapefruit LaCroix is good, so is Topo Chico. You can all suck it

Isn't that that mouse puppet that Ed Sullivan kept putting on the show for some reason? :corsair:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Topo Chico loving rules, and I will go out of my way stop at a store that sells it.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Saw somebody sharing this:

If you’re fusing silicon and carbon into calcium in your digestive tract, your shits must be worse than mine.

I literally guffawed at this. good find

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

zoux posted:

Also I thought this dude was sharing this because it is funny, but looking at his account he thinks the chanting mob is serious

These are the people who fall for "slipping estrogen into your Starbucks" jokes. They're genetically incapable of getting jokes.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

zakharov posted:

These are the people who fall for "slipping estrogen into your Starbucks" jokes. They're genetically incapable of getting jokes.

Unless the "joke" is racist and/or sexist, then they die laughing and tell it to everyone at work.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Why are the comments all agreeing with him? What a loving nightmare.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Wendell posted:

:911:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wendell posted:

Idiots? On social media?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a male use the shortened version of Jo rather than Joe before...

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's like a sort of reverse Powergirl.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Topo Chico loving rules, and I will go out of my way stop at a store that sells it.

I'm excited that so many restaurants are carrying Topo Chico now, but half the time I order it the waiter has no idea what I'm talking about.

LaCroix is super good because unsweetened carbonated water is the best-tasting thing you can drink. All the flavors are good, except for coconut. How do you screw up coconut??

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I cannot see Topo Chico without thinking of this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25_F9irGdow&t=60s

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What's with the conservative obsession with George Soros? Do they honestly believe that everyone would agree with them if it weren't for that dastardly Soros bribing people to protest?

It's because he's Jewish, isn't it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What's with the conservative obsession with George Soros? Do they honestly believe that everyone would agree with them if it weren't for that dastardly Soros bribing people to protest?

i remember back in the innocent times of like 2012 when my filthy rich uncle told me that george soros was responsible for all the protests. i was like "sounds fake but okay." that was the first i ever heard of the guy and now i hear about him all the time

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Yes, also the only reason people disagree and take non regressive positions is because gently caress youdadism or satan's influence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bertrand Hustle posted:

if there weren't a conspiracy keeping them down they'd have to face the fact that nothing they believe in makes any drat sense. they like the communist liberal soros deep state conspiracy because it makes it even easier to discard inconvenient facts, and also perhaps more importantly so they can claim they're victims

they picked soros as the puppetmaster because he's jewish