Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Yeah I am seeing a bunch of articles and videos being published.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Game looks like it could be fun, although all the gameplay videos are in poopy 30 FPS and you can't really tell how much or how good the content is. I like the mutation system though

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Minorkos posted:

Game looks like it could be fun, although all the gameplay videos are in poopy 30 FPS and you can't really tell how much or how good the content is. I like the mutation system though

Yeah it looks like Fallout with multiplayer. It is what I hoped for and looks good.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah I am seeing a bunch of articles and videos being published.
For example, here's an article by beloved video game publication Newsweek!

quote:

What follows is a solid gameplay loop. You go to a cool place, fight, get loot and then craft things. If it sounds repetitive, it’s not (much).
:thunk:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

MATN's video is up as well, it's an hour of game play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1UmOTRz8lg

Looks good to me, though obviously they were invited by Bethesda so you kind of have to take it with a grain of salt.

edit: not sure if this has been mentioned before, but weapon condition/degredation is back in.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Woo video day! Haven't watched them yet but I will as soon as work stops getting in the way.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
According to MATN, there's a pacifist flag you can turn on that just makes you immune to PvP for as long as you have it up.

So there's that, at least.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so are there quests in the game? I don't mean quests like Preston coming up to you and saying "Another settlement needs your help", i mean unique npcs with their own situations they need help with.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

spit on my clit posted:

so are there quests in the game? I don't mean quests like Preston coming up to you and saying "Another settlement needs your help", i mean unique npcs with their own situations they need help with.

Uhh yeah kinda. It seems like all the NPCs are dead - but they still give you quests. MATN has shown off a couple where you find some dead bodies with some holotapes, or a terminal or whatever, and it says go here, do this, collect that, return back etc. which is how 99% of quests in Fallout work anyway.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm starting to wonder if there are no live NPCs because people would meltdown about not being able to kill them and removing access to quests from other players.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
This looks like a very typical Asian MMO to my uneducated eyes, except with Fallout 4 assets.

e: that's not a good look

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

This looks like a very typical Asian MMO to my uneducated eyes, except with Fallout 4 assets.

They need to make the animation of characters more reactive. Like when the character is looking at menus, have the character looking at the computer in the arm, and extensive idle animations thar included things like checking the weapons.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Is there footage of people actually doing poo poo in the overworld and not reading every terminal out loud and looking at garden gnomes in a lovely vault ?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

Uhh yeah kinda. It seems like all the NPCs are dead - but they still give you quests. MATN has shown off a couple where you find some dead bodies with some holotapes, or a terminal or whatever, and it says go here, do this, collect that, return back etc. which is how 99% of quests in Fallout work anyway.

so basically a bunch of treasure hunts

Flesh Forge posted:

Thats what I was thinking, and prolly why I won't get the game. The question I ask in Rust, "what is there to do once you've got the good gear" receives the answer I have for MMOs, "idk, raids?"

Tei posted:

Polygon video have overworld combat.

The internet is going to be angry, we need to sacrifice a 31 years old female virgin to apease it

:chloe:

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 8, 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Polygon video have overworld combat.

The internet is going to be angry, we need to sacrifice a goat in a vulcan to appease it

Edit:
fixed

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 8, 2018

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Most obvious opportunity for grieffing is crafting stations only bring usable by one person at a time

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
thats not even true

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It's what a preview said.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean, i watched two people using a crafting station in a video two minutes ago, so maybe it's just a janky interaction.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGhJ8wo4rQo&t=103s
[timestamp 1:43]

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
e: missed the next page where this was already linked

Azhais fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 8, 2018

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Well that's going to be annoying

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think it was...polygons? where someone just kinda wedged themselves in front of the station and got two people using them.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I just imagine someone parking their character at a station with pvp off and making it basically useless just to be a dick

Rinkles posted:

Most obvious opportunity for grieffing is crafting stations only bring usable by one person at a time

Whoops didn't see this post at first but yes this

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

he disappointed me by seemingly being oblivious to how bad it looks for an opinion setter to be lavishly treated by the product's pr department

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I don't want a no-pausing-enforced game. I don't want gentle enforced World of FalloutCraft. I would just. like. Fallout.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

PLaying fallout with friends seems cool tho ??

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Idk bout you guys, but personally i love fallout 1 2 3 new vegas 4 and probably this one too

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yes, friend, yes it does.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

yes, friend, yes it does.

:hfive:

voted 5 for making a friend on the internet

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also, the level scaling seems way better in this.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I must admit, the videos did nothing to improve my expectations. "Like Fallout 4, but it's just the radiant quests and collecting random junk is now the other main half part of the gameplay - oh and I guess you're doing it in co-op" gives me an anxiety itch just thinking about it.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

heard u like girls posted:

:hfive:

voted 5 for making a friend on the internet

Taking a page from Destiny 2's endgame, I see! :thumbsup:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

also, the level scaling seems way better in this.

how could you tell?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i think it was...polygons? where someone just kinda wedged themselves in front of the station and got two people using them.

It was a terminal, not workstation.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Rinkles posted:

how could you tell?

in matn's video, he was fighting (and killing) enemies 15-20 levels up from him, and not in the very annoying 'break this deathclaw's ai and shoot him with 200 9mm shots' way.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Yestermoment posted:

I don't want a no-pausing-enforced game. I don't want gentle enforced World of FalloutCraft. I would just. like. Fallout.

I don't really understand this viewpoint because the Bethesda Fallouts have been pretty mediocre. Are people really disappointed they didn't make Fallout 5 after releasing Fallout 4, which wasn't very good?

I have low expectations for anything made by Bethesda, but I'm honestly just curious what a Bethesda multiplayer game looks like

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rinkles posted:

They said that your CAMP will have permissions.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

in matn's video, he was fighting (and killing) enemies 15-20 levels up from him, and not in the very annoying 'break this deathclaw's ai and shoot him with 200 9mm shots' way.

theoretically, in a multiplayer game there shouldn't be any level scaling. unless they somehow average out player levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i didn't mean like, level scaling in the Bethesdatm way. i just meant the damage that you do to enemies higher level than you isn't as pitiful.